Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fabian Washington

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rushpacker_56

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:35 pm    Post subject: Fabian Washington Reply with quote

I was just wondering what some Raider fans thought when Washington was drafted in round 1. Were you happy that he was the guy? Were you upset? If you would have picked someone else, whom would it have been? I am going to post one of these in every forum for their team's first pick and see what I get. I'm going to use these for something later on.

I'm a bit unsure of this pick. I know that Washington is fast. He could probably keep up with Moss on a streak route even. I just don't know he he will ever be a Pro Bowl talent at corner. I like the kid, think he has the talent to go far, but I just don't think he will be that great.
kjherrm

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Washington has drew a lot of comparisons to Buchannon so if does the same as buchannon then i dont know if we gained or lost anything. But if he can learn how to cover than you gotta like the pick. The one thing that sucks about getting rid of buchannon is that even though buchannon got beat most of the time he did make about 10 big plays a year. I like washington though.
MNBuff

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not overly thrilled with the pick. I know we needed a replacement for Buchannon, but as far as I can tell, he rose in draft status PURELY on speed. His best year was when he was a freshman, and he played at Nebraska where they didn't face a whole lot of passing. I especially dislike that he cost us a 1st and a 4th.
Dark Knight

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNBuff wrote:
I'm not overly thrilled with the pick. I know we needed a replacement for Buchannon, but as far as I can tell, he rose in draft status PURELY on speed. His best year was when he was a freshman, and he played at Nebraska where they didn't face a whole lot of passing. I especially dislike that he cost us a 1st and a 4th.

well....you can say the same thing about Troy Williamson. Why was he picked ahead of Mike Williams?? Because of speed right?? Evryone is praising that pick though right? I like the pick of Fabian.....he is a mature and athetic young man and a solid football player and person. He has been through alot in his life....and now he gets his reward. He is the anti-Phillip Buchanon....and that to me is a good thing!
Dark Knight

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kjherrm wrote:
Washington has drew a lot of comparisons to Buchannon so if does the same as buchannon then i dont know if we gained or lost anything. But if he can learn how to cover than you gotta like the pick. The one thing that sucks about getting rid of buchannon is that even though buchannon got beat most of the time he did make about 10 big plays a year. I like washington though.

i disagree......when doing research about Fabian....he is a far better person than Buchanon is. In turn...he will probably be a far better team player also. Which is a key to me....
MNBuff

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Knight wrote:
MNBuff wrote:

well....you can say the same thing about Troy Williamson. Why was he picked ahead of Mike Williams?? Because of speed right?? Evryone is praising that pick though right? I like the pick of Fabian.....he is a mature and athetic young man and a solid football player and person. He has been through alot in his life....and now he gets his reward. He is the anti-Phillip Buchanon....and that to me is a good thing!

Who is "everyone" that is praising the Williamson pick??? Did you see the crowd at Winter Park (MN) when they announced it??? Boos like it was the Jets drafting Kyle Brady. Williamson and Williams are DIFFERENT types of WR's.......Williams is more of a possession WR, and Williamson more explosive. The Vikes already HAVE possession WR's in Burleson and Robinson, so they went with the speed they lost in Moss.
My OPINION is that I'm not thrilled with the pick. He's fast, had his best year as a Freshman, didn't face a lot of tough passing teams, and moved up the board just because of a time in the combine. I could care less if he's been thru a lot in life...........I just hope he doesn't get burnt all the time in Silver and Black.
Canadian_Patriot

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys,

Im a huge Cornhusker fan, so maybe i can tell you a bit about Fabian.

Other then the fact that hes small and very fast, few people know a lot about him. The kid has play making skills. He was left out on an island in the Nebraska Secondary his whole carrer, and he managed to hold his own. But like i said the one thing i remember about him is his ability to make a play when one was really needed! When your sitting there watching the game and you say to yourself, wow... an int would really help us hear, Washington often made that play.

That said i don't think hes going to make an impact right away, if Oakland has good secondary coaches i think he will have a promising career. But it will take him some time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
franktheraiderfan

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 1:07 am    Post subject: Re: Fabian Washington Reply with quote

I am a die hard raider fan, i can name almost every player on the raiders roster and i happen to know almost about everything of the raiders organization.... anyways Fabian Washington is good and will add depth chart with Charles Woodson hopefully the Heisman trophy winner will spend time with the rookie and teach him a few tricks.

Im not upset with this pick but i still think we should have gotten Marlin Jackson possibly the Next Woodson who is also from Michigan... wait a minute one woodson two woodsons now wouldn't that be a shutdown passing game.... anyways

"The Raiders will be Superbowl Champions this Year with Randy Moss along with my favority Jerry Porter"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: