Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders have received little production frm 2013 draft class
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:
Obviously I'm a bit biased but i see a lot of promise in this draft.

1.Hayden: Hayden also was injured coming into training camp. I think we saw flashes of what he can do but the lack of continuity due to injuries hurt his play on the field, as it would for any player. If he can regain the instincts and crispness he showed as a senior, we could see a big hitting cornerback who covers fluidly. I won't call him a bust yet.

2.Watson: The guy will be 100% healthy and have more time with sparano building consistency. I remember him giving michael bennett problems at left tackle in the preseason game vs seattle so it would be exciting to see if he can take the next step. Remember, a ton of teams saw him as a 1st round pick

3.Sio Moore: He graded out among the top 10 4-3 linebackers according to pro football focus and had a stretch in the middle of the season where he was putting up good sack numbers, but that faded. He is a rookie though. I think if he improves a bit in coverage, he could become a very good linebacker. I've even heard some draft sites compare khalil mack and anthony barr to him on some level, which has to be a compliment. Very Happy

4.Tyler Wilson: Well, we got McGloin and he's shown that he has a nice arm and at worst is a very good backup for barely any money, both of which are wins. I think i may have made it clear but if him. pryor, and vets compete for the starting job, we'll have a capable qb emerge capable of starting 16 games and winning a good amount.

6.Stacy McGee: I had low expectations, but he flashed some ability and may be able to rotate in and out with sims and the nose tackle spot consistently. I think he graded out like a mid round rather than a late round pick based on production so not bad.

6.Mychal Rivera: I love the kid and I think he can continue to improve. I remember watching rivera take on clowney 1 on 1 vs tennessee on a play a couple of years back and take him out of the play so I know he can get better at blocking. As a receiver, he put up similar numbers to eiffert, ertz, and reed, while outperforming TE's selected before him like gavin escobar so I think he could become a denarius moore esque tight end based on the lateness of the pick and big play ability, if you know what I mean.

6.Nick Kasa: The guy is still developing so it'll be interesting to see what him and ausberry do. Wasn't a huge impact, but when are 6th round picks ever?

7.Brice Butler: Really strange because he had some crazy moments in preseason, but had some awful moments in regular season play, like the tipped interception vs the steelers.

7.David Bass: I had more hope for him, but he was cut. Yes, he did play for the bears, but its nbd because he has been pretty meh and it is the BEARS defense.

I think we will see some very good things out of these guys in 2014, which was the goal anyway.
agree with everything except my main gripe about Walking dead is his weak tackling skills. I'd even say he looked spooked

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speed_Wrench wrote:
MrOaktown_56 wrote:

1.Hayden: Hayden also was injured coming into training camp. I think we saw flashes of what he can do but the lack of continuity due to injuries hurt his play on the field, as it would for any player. If he can regain the instincts and crispness he showed as a senior, we could see a big hitting cornerback who covers fluidly. I won't call him a bust yet.

2.Watson: The guy will be 100% healthy and have more time with sparano building consistency. I remember him giving michael bennett problems at left tackle in the preseason game vs seattle so it would be exciting to see if he can take the next step. Remember, a ton of teams saw him as a 1st round pick

3.Sio Moore: He graded out among the top 10 4-3 linebackers according to pro football focus and had a stretch in the middle of the season where he was putting up good sack numbers, but that faded. He is a rookie though. I think if he improves a bit in coverage, he could become a very good linebacker. I've even heard some draft sites compare khalil mack and anthony barr to him on some level, which has to be a compliment. Very Happy

4.Tyler Wilson: Well, we got McGloin and he's shown that he has a nice arm and at worst is a very good backup for barely any money, both of which are wins. I think i may have made it clear but if him. pryor, and vets compete for the starting job, we'll have a capable qb emerge capable of starting 16 games and winning a good amount.

6.Stacy McGee: I had low expectations, but he flashed some ability and may be able to rotate in and out with sims and the nose tackle spot consistently. I think he graded out like a mid round rather than a late round pick based on production so not bad.

6.Mychal Rivera: I love the kid and I think he can continue to improve. I remember watching rivera take on clowney 1 on 1 vs tennessee on a play a couple of years back and take him out of the play so I know he can get better at blocking. As a receiver, he put up similar numbers to eiffert, ertz, and reed, while outperforming TE's selected before him like gavin escobar so I think he could become a denarius moore esque tight end based on the lateness of the pick and big play ability, if you know what I mean.

6.Nick Kasa: The guy is still developing so it'll be interesting to see what him and ausberry do. Wasn't a huge impact, but when are 6th round picks ever?

7.Brice Butler: Really strange because he had some crazy moments in preseason, but had some awful moments in regular season play, like the tipped interception vs the steelers.

7.David Bass: I had more hope for him, but he was cut. Yes, he did play for the bears, but its nbd because he has been pretty meh and it is the BEARS defense.

I think we will see some very good things out of these guys in 2014, which was the goal anyway.

Good post, and I don't see any bias, your giving fair evaluations of the players potentials while taking note of some positives. I wouldn't call Hayden a bust for at least 2 more seasons, anyways like someone else said Nnamdi took 3 seasons before he finally shined.

Yeah, I agree and Nmadi had training camp his rookie year too. Hayden just needs the game to "slow down" and I think he may completely go off like he did in college. I think he has the tools to be elite for sure.
Strangely enough, same with watson. Based on what pro football focus noted, all the "elite" left tackles in the top 5 graded out terribly, while fluker,kyle long, jordan mills, travis frederick, and menelik watson (while healthy) graded out well.
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
MrOaktown_56 wrote:

agree with everything except my main gripe about Walking dead is his weak tackling skills. I'd even say he looked spooked

I agree, but I think that was a factor of not enough experience and "hitting time" in training camp. I think next year, he's gonna play more fearlessly and bring the wood like he did in college. He did have a nice hit against the chiefs which forced a fumble before the eagles debacle.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
MrOaktown_56 wrote:

I agree, but I think that was a factor of not enough experience and "hitting time" in training camp. I think next year, he's gonna play more fearlessly and bring the wood like he did in college. He did have a nice hit against the chiefs which forced a fumble before the eagles debacle.
What? Dude looked like the best tackler of all our corners.
Big Rob

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

once the game slows down for Hayden and he learns to trust his instincts and starts to pull the trigger hell be a pro bowl caliber CB for us..book it
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Rob wrote:
once the Raiders get a pass rush for Hayden he'll show flashes of a pro bowl caliber CB for us..book it

FIFY.

It's simple. 3+ secs is an eternity for a CB.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: