Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Raider Opponents Announced
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raidr4life

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Denver could be without Manning next year if he retires, or could be having a Super bowl hangover. KC is KC good year, bad year, 49er's are regressing. Alot can happen by next year.
bitty

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
bitty wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
bitty wrote:
m52876 wrote:
bitty wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
And sigh…..…… there will be fans here expecting a rebuilding roster and Allen to win 8 games and get to the playoffs. Probably with a rookie QB they will call a bust when he's not Andrew Luck week 1.

Just curious how long should DA have to win 8 games?

4 years. That was his contract. The 2 years of "deconstruction" are throw aways. Art Shell may have as well been coaching the team. You can't evaluate a coaching staff on a team full of 1 year contracts for backup players. You also cannot evaluate them when you are starting an undrafted rookie FA and a 3rd rounder from the supplemental draft at your most important position.

We need to face the fact that the coaching staff is not the most pressing issue, and there is no coach that could achieve much with this team. The coach is just the rebuilding spokesperson.

IMO, the bigger question is how long should Reggie get to put together a decent draft and get a serviceable QB on the squad. I'll give him a pass on his first draft, but I do not think anyone will say our draft earlier this year was much of a help.

With a better coaching staff this team could of won 2-4 more games this year.
Cowboys, Giants, Jets, Houston, Tennessee were all winnable games.
This what I see wrong with the coaching staff
no halftime adjustments, poor play calling on offense and defense, poor clock management, poor timeout management, poor use of players, poor special teams play.

A lack of talent and a NFL starting caliber likely had nothing to do with this, correct?

I don't think you know the difference between coaching and talent.
These are examples of bad coaching.
Blowing a blocking assignment Calling a prevent defense that hasn't worked all year, not getting Reece the ball more, calling a jump ball for Ford in the end zone, blown zone coverages,
Running the ball up the middle time after time with no results,
Anything to do with X's and O's or the mental part of the game is coaching.
Lack of talent is anything to do with physical limitations not mental.
If the player is not strong enough, fast enough, big enough is talent.

BTW DA picked Flynn as his Starting QB, so that's also his fault.

What? Talent is not limited to the physical (see Peyton Manning). Talent is being smart. A QB knowing and running a complex pro scheme. Defensive players knowing their gaps/assignments and taking good angles.

You want Reece to get more touches, get a smart QB you can open up the offense with. Talent allows a coach to do more, be more complex and dynamic. The coach can put the players in position to make plays, talent then has to prevail.

That 'prevent' defense (which is usually just a zone) plays better if you have the talent for a 4 man rush. My contrast, you'd still be crying if they blitzed because the lackluster secondary would get torched. You can't win without talent.

Mentally and physically, the Raiders roster was void of talent. A coach can only do so much. Again, most predicted this to be a 1-2 win team citing….. yup, a lack of talent on the roster. But Allen and Co. managed 4 wins.

You make it sound like DA didn't waste the whole off season given Flynn first-team reps. His QB the one he anointed starter without playing one preseason game.

Preseason predictions mean nothing those were winnable games that had questionable coaching decisions in them.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
And sigh…..…… there will be fans here expecting a rebuilding roster and Allen to win 8 games and get to the playoffs. Probably with a rookie QB they will call a bust when he's not Andrew Luck week 1.

They're just going by the premise that you gave them. Keep drafting a QB first overall regardless of how weak the class is because you desperately need one. Rather than just sign a veteran stop-gap and build up the rest of team. Maybe the rookie QB just sucked from the beginning? Some people need to see, others evaluate.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
Denver could be without Manning next year if he retires, or could be having a Super bowl hangover. KC is KC good year, bad year, 49er's are regressing. Alot can happen by next year.

More Raider pity party. Maybe if you wish it hard enough the Prom Queen will slip and fall on your d**k? How about the Raiders get better and beat people heads up? I for one am SO glad the Raiders had to play the Donkies heads up in Week 17. How about Raider Nation stop hoping that others regress to our mean and for ONCE just focus one handling Raider business? It pathetic, some of us would take a one and done playoff appearance with a 7-9 record having played every single opponent w/o their star player. I see it every week. "Hopefully [insert star player here] won't play this week."

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:

Manning retire? The way he is playing, I highly doubt that would happen.

KC has a new lease on things under Reid. Great talent. They will be the team that attracts FAs to join for a Superbowl run.

9er's are regressing? Since when? Kaepernick is settling in and they've been as good as any team in December, if not arguably the best team in December.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
bitty wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
bitty wrote:
m52876 wrote:
bitty wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

4 years. That was his contract. The 2 years of "deconstruction" are throw aways. Art Shell may have as well been coaching the team. You can't evaluate a coaching staff on a team full of 1 year contracts for backup players. You also cannot evaluate them when you are starting an undrafted rookie FA and a 3rd rounder from the supplemental draft at your most important position.

We need to face the fact that the coaching staff is not the most pressing issue, and there is no coach that could achieve much with this team. The coach is just the rebuilding spokesperson.

IMO, the bigger question is how long should Reggie get to put together a decent draft and get a serviceable QB on the squad. I'll give him a pass on his first draft, but I do not think anyone will say our draft earlier this year was much of a help.

no halftime adjustments, poor play calling on offense and defense, poor clock management, poor timeout management, poor use of players, poor special teams play.

A lack of talent and a NFL starting caliber likely had nothing to do with this, correct?

Blowing a blocking assignment Calling a prevent defense that hasn't worked all year, not getting Reece the ball more, calling a jump ball for Ford in the end zone, blown zone coverages,

What? Talent is not limited to the physical (see Peyton Manning). Talent is being smart. A QB knowing and running a complex pro scheme. Defensive players knowing their gaps/assignments and taking good angles.

You want Reece to get more touches, get a smart QB you can open up the offense with. Talent allows a coach to do more, be more complex and dynamic. The coach can put the players in position to make plays, talent then has to prevail.

That 'prevent' defense (which is usually just a zone) plays better if you have the talent for a 4 man rush. My contrast, you'd still be crying if they blitzed because the lackluster secondary would get torched. You can't win without talent.

Mentally and physically, the Raiders roster was void of talent. A coach can only do so much. Again, most predicted this to be a 1-2 win team citing….. yup, a lack of talent on the roster. But Allen and Co. managed 4 wins.

You make it sound like DA didn't waste the whole off season given Flynn first-team reps. His QB the one he anointed starter without playing one preseason game.

Preseason predictions mean nothing those were winnable games that had questionable coaching decisions in them.

Yawn….. Who cares. None of the QBs on this team were leading the Raiders to anything anyway.

You think Pryor would all of a sudden learn to throw the football, not make mistakes like running into sacks, etc. had he taken first team reps? Me neither.

Notice Flynn went to GB and saved their season with actual talent. How about Campbell in Cleveland… he didn't have 1st team reps all offseason, he was 3rd string but played well. Josh McCown.

Just more nonsense excuses. Get some talent then talk.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
raidr4life wrote:

More Raider pity party. Maybe if you wish it hard enough the Prom Queen will slip and fall on your d**k? How about the Raiders get better and beat people heads up? I for one am SO glad the Raiders had to play the Donkies heads up in Week 17. How about Raider Nation stop hoping that others regress to our mean and for ONCE just focus one handling Raider business? It pathetic, some of us would take a one and done playoff appearance with a 7-9 record having played every single opponent w/o their star player. I see it every week. "Hopefully [insert star player here] won't play this week."

Great post.

Everyone wants to go back to the 2010 and 2011 season when the division was the joke of the NFL and feel awesome for going 8-8 despite missing the playoffs.
bitty

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
bitty wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
bitty wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
bitty wrote:
m52876 wrote:
bitty wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

Yawn….. Who cares. None of the QBs on this team were leading the Raiders to anything anyway.

You think Pryor would all of a sudden learn to throw the football, not make mistakes like running into sacks, etc. had he taken first team reps? Me neither.

Notice Flynn went to GB and saved their season with actual talent. How about Campbell in Cleveland… he didn't have 1st team reps all offseason, he was 3rd string but played well. Josh McCown.

Do you just say a less talented QB came in and did well?
I don't think you understand what I'm saying. There is a lack of talent on the Raiders that goes without saying but that isn't an excuse for bad coaching.
Speed_Wrench

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
bitty wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
bitty wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
bitty wrote:
m52876 wrote:
bitty wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

Do you just say a less talented QB came in and did well?
I don't think you understand what I'm saying. There is a lack of talent on the Raiders that goes without saying but that isn't an excuse for bad coaching.

Your just trying to pass off bad talent as only not as strong or fast as other players in the league and ignore aptitude of the game as something coaches can just insert into a player, talent is the total package all the way down to preparation for the game.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is planning on going to the game in London this year? I'm still fairly new to the UK and I don't know any Raiders fans over here that want to go.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Dat Raider

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
Who is planning on going to the game in London this year? I'm still fairly new to the UK and I don't know any Raiders fans over here that want to go.

Shocked
Nightmare

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dat Raider wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:

Shocked

Dancing
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So much will change among teams next season. Not only that, there will always be that team that looks great but then just comes out and poops the bed (Falcons this year) so we essentially have no idea what's going to come of it. Everything looks bad now but we'll see what happens.

PM sig requests.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: