Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Washington hires Bengals OC Jay Gruden, Fewell stays w NYG
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
reckless123

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jintsrule wrote:
would like to see this guy retire toooo ranked 8th over all was a joke good off teams shredded his def have pretty much since hes been here ,hes feed off the crappy teams we played late in the season with backup qbs his numbers dont lie the last few years.if the redskins take him its good for the giants in the long run

This is false.

Firstly, the Giants are notorious for making back ups look great.

Secondly this defense had to deal with an offense that kept turning the ball over and constant 3 and outs to go along with injuries. Perry Fewell did a very good job. And those turnovers were often in our own territory. There was a trend in which the defense would hold its own for 3 Qs or a half then would slowly fall apart due to our pitful offense being unable to move the ball.

"I'm not in the danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
bballbkd1001

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
jintsrule wrote:
would like to see this guy retire toooo ranked 8th over all was a joke good off teams shredded his def have pretty much since hes been here ,hes feed off the crappy teams we played late in the season with backup qbs his numbers dont lie the last few years.if the redskins take him its good for the giants in the long run

This is false.

Secondly this defense had to deal with an offense that kept turning the ball over and constant 3 and outs to go along with injuries. Perry Fewell did a very good job. And those turnovers were often in our own territory. There was a trend in which the defense would hold its own for 3 Qs or a half then would slowly fall apart due to our pitful offense being unable to move the ball.

The defense this year looked legit. Joseph, beason, will hill and rolle all could have made the pro bowl if our record was better.

^^^ Huge props Rase on the Sig!
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
jintsrule wrote:

This is false.

Yeah, I agree.
We led the league in turnovers, and had one of the most inept offenses I've ever seen. People want to rip Fewell for the Dallas game. Dallas had 17 points. Yes, the defense couldn't get a stop when they needed too, but they did get plenty of other stops to let the offense step up anded strike out.

Does anyone remember the game that got Rob Ryan fired last year? Against the Bears, when Romo threw I think it was 2, possibly 3, pick sixes and had 5 interceptions, yet the cowboys lost by a TD. Jones put the blame on Ryan, not the offense. And so he fired Ryan at the end of the season, and got the legendary Kiffin. Well, Dallas defense was the worst in the league under Kiffin, who is likely to get fired. And Ryan's Saints? Went from the worst last year to pretty damn good this year. Be careful what you wish for.
IR0NM1KE

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think now is a great time to start anew at OC AND DC. If Fewell gets a HC job, best of luck to him. I never really cared for his defense, so I'd embrace a new DC. I think we already have some important pieces to the puzzle. It would be great to lock up Linval Joseph and Jon Beason to sure up the middle of our defense. However, LJ might be too expensive. I've really grown to appreciate his game so I'd love to see him get something in the realm of a 4 year deal with the team. JPP getting healthy, and Moore maturing and gaining more playing time could help that pass rush that was all but nonexistant in 2013.

Any LBs that you guys like in the R2-4 range? Haven't seen anyone talk about Shayne Skov of Stanford here. Think he would be a strong addition if he can be had in round 2. Thoughts?
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IR0NM1KE wrote:
I think now is a great time to start anew at OC AND DC. If Fewell gets a HC job, best of luck to him. I never really cared for his defense, so I'd embrace a new DC. I think we already have some important pieces to the puzzle. It would be great to lock up Linval Joseph and Jon Beason to sure up the middle of our defense. However, LJ might be too expensive. I've really grown to appreciate his game so I'd love to see him get something in the realm of a 4 year deal with the team. JPP getting healthy, and Moore maturing and gaining more playing time could help that pass rush that was all but nonexistant in 2013.

Any LBs that you guys like in the R2-4 range? Haven't seen anyone talk about Shayne Skov of Stanford here. Think he would be a strong addition if he can be had in round 2. Thoughts?

Christian Jones as well, and Shazier from Ohio State.. Not sure if he will crack the first round just yet.. Depends on his combine/pro day.
Acgott

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
#Giants DC Perry Fewell is set to interview with the #Redskins on Monday, per source. They had requested permission on Jan. 1.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/419675415545118720
dkebones

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IR0NM1KE wrote:

Skov would be a great get, but i wonder where he sits in this defense. he's not exactly the most gifted of athletes. honestly, kinda reminds me of a more seasoned Chase Blackburn, though i love the intelligence factor being able to prove me wrong.
Rase

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dkebones wrote:
IR0NM1KE wrote:

Skov would be a great get, but i wonder where he sits in this defense. he's not exactly the most gifted of athletes. honestly, kinda reminds me of a more seasoned Chase Blackburn, though i love the intelligence factor being able to prove me wrong.

Skov will probably go in the 3rd round. I would love to draft him but I'm not sure he'd fit in our system...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rase wrote:
dkebones wrote:
IR0NM1KE wrote:

Skov will probably go in the 3rd round. I would love to draft him but I'm not sure he'd fit in our system...

And here in lies the problem.
We make the player fit the scheme. Not the scheme fit the player.
Acgott

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Jay Gruden has agreed to become the next head coach of the Washington Redskins, per league source.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/421284344133472257

Seems for now Fewell is staying w the Giants
WiscoBlue21

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:
Quote:
Jay Gruden has agreed to become the next head coach of the Washington Redskins, per league source.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/421284344133472257

Seems for now Fewell is staying w the Giants

Im okay with Perry as long as he mixes things up, we all know he loves the 3 safety look which is something we have that alot of teams cant do with Brown, Hill, Rolle. But he has got to mix things up with blitzes if he wants to continue to be employed by us.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: