Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bobby Rainey Eval

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bluemushrooms

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:13 pm    Post subject: Bobby Rainey Eval Reply with quote

Pats fan here so I haven't quite followed the Bucs too much.
Was wondering how you guys think Bobby Rainey is? I heard a lot about him and it sounds like he has good vision and agility but he was a boom or bust in games.
Think he'll have a spot next to Martin next year?
Is his running style actually good or was the O-line just opening up massive holes for him?
Just looking for a general eval of Rainey; he has an interesting story in that he bounced around from a bunch of teams that never really used him.

2014 Adopt a Patriot: Brandon LaFell
Catches: 19
Yards: 337
Touchdowns: 3
ABucNBradenton

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Filled in nice after James went down against the Dolphins and then had a break out ga,me against Atlanta but thats abput it.

He is built like a smaller Ray Rice and runs low and powerful. He isnt going to wow you with break away speed but he does have the ability to oitrun some guys.

His two best attributes IMO are his Vision and his Patience. Does a really great job of following his blockers and waiting for holes to open. When he does see the opening he does a good job of accelerating through.

I think with a better coaching staff Rainey could be a great runningback. The fact the our offense was anemic and defenses sold out to stop the run along with horrible blocking and offensive play calling Rainey didnt have an easy job.

He can run, catch, and pass protect and could definitely be a three down back on some teams in the NFL.

Although he would make a nice back up to Martin I hope we trade him for a pick this year since we do have James coming back off injury.
tscott20

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the guy, did about everything you'd want from a 3rd string back. Would like to keep him around, but he would be behind Martin and James on the depth chart. He had inconsistent blocking and poor playcalling this year so I think he could be a solid #2, but he's not gonna go somewhere and be the guy.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read the title as, "Bobby Rainey Evil."

Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: