Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Multiple Colts set individual records

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Multiple Colts set individual records Reply with quote

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/Notebook-Colts-Sweep-Division-and-Set-Numerous-Individual-Records/0c8725b3-5cc2-420f-826a-8bb1b8da6a23
Quote:
-Andrew Luck set an NFL record for most passing yards (8,196) by a quarterback in his first two NFL seasons.

-Luck tied Ben Roethlisberger for the second-most victories (22) for a quarterback in his first two NFL seasons since 1970.

-Donald Brown finished the year with a 5.3 yards per carry average. That is the highest average for the Colts since 1961.

-T.Y. Hiltonís 1,853 receiving yards is the most for a Colts player in their first two NFL season.

-Adam Vinatieri became the seventh player in NFL history to reach 2,000 career points.

-Pat McAfee set a single-season franchise record with 27 punts pinned inside the 20-yard line.

I'd like to add
-Vinatieri also passed Matt Stover for 6th in overall points
-Jerrell Freeman in 2 seasons has over 350 career tackles(unofficial), 7.5 sacks, 1 INT, 1TD and 7 FF
Gary Brackett is reincarnated
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST
Colton

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Multiple Colts set individual records Reply with quote

stallyns wrote:
http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/Notebook-Colts-Sweep-Division-and-Set-Numerous-Individual-Records/0c8725b3-5cc2-420f-826a-8bb1b8da6a23
Quote:
-Andrew Luck set an NFL record for most passing yards (8,196) by a quarterback in his first two NFL seasons.

-Luck tied Ben Roethlisberger for the second-most victories (22) for a quarterback in his first two NFL seasons since 1970.

-Donald Brown finished the year with a 5.3 yards per carry average. That is the highest average for the Colts since 1961.

-T.Y. Hiltonís 1,853 receiving yards is the most for a Colts player in their first two NFL season.

-Adam Vinatieri became the seventh player in NFL history to reach 2,000 career points.

-Pat McAfee set a single-season franchise record with 27 punts pinned inside the 20-yard line.

I'd like to add
-Jerrell Freeman in 2 seasons has over 350 career tackles(unofficial), 7.5 sacks, 1 INT, 1TD and 7 FF

Where ya getting 350 tackles for Freeman? Every where I've seen has him credited for 271 through 2 seasons. Still very impressive though.

And I dont think we can really underappreciate Pat's punting. That's almost twice a game he pinned a team inside the 20, drastically changing the field position game. He's been a phenomenal weapon on ST for us this year. Lock Boomstick up long term Mr. Irsay.
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Multiple Colts set individual records Reply with quote

Colton wrote:
Where ya getting 350 tackles for Freeman? Every where I've seen has him credited for 271 through 2 seasons. Still very impressive
Bob Lamey stated during the radio broadcast yesterday while talking about how valuable Freeman has been that he had 203 tackles last year and over 350 in his 2 years. I agree that all I've see are the 271 but different sources use different numbers so just going with what he said

Colton wrote:
Lock Boomstick up long term Mr. Irsay.
Totally agree
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST
PeytonNowLuck

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Multiple Colts set individual records Reply with quote

Colton wrote:
stallyns wrote:
Quote:

I'd like to add

Where ya getting 350 tackles for Freeman? Every where I've seen has him credited for 271 through 2 seasons. Still very impressive though.

And I dont think we can really underappreciate Pat's punting. That's almost twice a game he pinned a team inside the 20, drastically changing the field position game. He's been a phenomenal weapon on ST for us this year. Lock Boomstick up long term Mr. Irsay.
what funny is my wife read this comment and said "the guy who got naked and drunk as a colt and got suspended that 1 game." lol
Colton

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Multiple Colts set individual records Reply with quote

PeytonNowLuck wrote:
Colton wrote:
stallyns wrote:
Quote:

I'd like to add

what funny is my wife read this comment and said "the guy who got naked and drunk as a colt and got suspended that 1 game." lol

"Allegedly"
wayne87reggie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Multiple Colts set individual records Reply with quote

Colton wrote:
PeytonNowLuck wrote:
Colton wrote:
stallyns wrote:
Quote:

I'd like to add

"Allegedly"

nope he did it

in night club district Broad Ripple

got drunk and jumped in the canal

Colts Roster/Cap 2014-2018
wayne87reggie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Multiple Colts set individual records Reply with quote

stallyns wrote:
Colton wrote:
Where ya getting 350 tackles for Freeman? Every where I've seen has him credited for 271 through 2 seasons. Still very impressive
Bob Lamey stated during the radio broadcast yesterday while talking about how valuable Freeman has been that he had 203 tackles last year and over 350 in his 2 years. I agree that all I've see are the 271 but different sources use different numbers so just going with what he said

Colton wrote:
Lock Boomstick up long term Mr. Irsay.
Totally agree

I saw something prior to that that showed he had over 200 tackles last year.

I think it was way back before this season even started.

I also saw this on Rotoworld earlier.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8383/alec-ogletree

to show where discrepancy comes from

Quote:
Rookie WLB Alec Ogletree was the Rams' 2013 tackle leader with 155 based on coaches' film review.
He was credited with 117 on NFL.com

so odds are the Colts got that number when they reviewed film.

wayne87reggie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.colts.com/team/roster/jerrell-freeman/75581fef-6324-49ac-b4ac-b225da769660/

Quote:
Set a franchise record and ranked fifth in the NFL for tackles in a season with 203 and became only the second Colts defender in franchise history to top 200 tackles in a season in 2012.

ColtsFan40

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:13 am    Post subject: Re: Multiple Colts set individual records Reply with quote

Quote:

For the life of me I dont understand how he was passed up for the Pro Bowl. He should have been selected based solely on his tackle of Trindon Holliday.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to all the Colts on their record. Special congrats to Luck, I get the feeling this is just the beginning for him.
bananabucket

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vinatieri was phenomenal this season.
coltsmanic808

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats everybody!

On Probowl voting....other than incentive money, I don't think anyone legitimately cares. It's a joke.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coltsmanic808 wrote:
Congrats everybody!

On Probowl voting....other than incentive money, I don't think anyone legitimately cares. It's a joke.

I agree that the PB (like MLB All Star game) is worthless now because it is more of a popularity contest. With that said it's still nice to see our guys get the recognition they deserve. I think they should bring back the All Madden Team and select the players solely on their on field accomplishments.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: