Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens Team Needs. LT, RT, C, FS, DL
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
r_sayle

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off i think your all looking at this wrongly, our biggest needs aren't in the players category. Our Biggest need are an Offensive Coordinator & Defensive Coordinator.
Yes its all well and good being top 10 defense with Pees's bend and dont break schemes but thats not Ravens Football. Ravens football is smash you in the face, bringing everyone & the kitchen sink.
Theres no doubting when watching the Ravens compared to watching other Teams play calling that its hugely different. Other Teams with lesser talent than what we have on offense move the ball with no problems yet we seem to have more 3 & outs than any football team in the league. Also when you have a top 5 running back and he cant even get close to 1000 yard rushing you know theres a problem.

Needs in no specific order
OT - Oher im glad its his final year i was getting sick and tired of watching his poor play. but whats worrying he wasnt even our worst offensive Lineman, now thats worrying

Center - I dont even need to explain myself on this on.

RB - Yes i agree with people that say Running back is a need. what we need is someone with blistering speed. Someone that can take it to the house on any touch. (perfect pick?? DeAnthony Thomas - Hes like Sproles at the very least he will move the chains for our offense)

WR - I cant see Jones staying someone will pay him to much money. Which is a shame because hes one of my favorite Ravens. As someone pointed out earlier Marlon Brown has been amazing for us considering he was undrafted but i just dont see him as a a #1 / #2

TE - Im fairly confident in Pitta coming back but Dickson is a free Agent and i dont see us resigning Clarke.

DLineman - Art Jones is gone, Cody doesnt do a great deal, Ngata isnt a sprinig chicken anymore and hes coming to the end of his huge deal. Luckily Dlineman isnt a position i worry about to much because Ozzie seems to constantly draft them in the later rounds.

CB - Im not a fan of Graham!!! and dont particularly have faith in anyone outside of Jimmy and Webb.

FS - we can finally move Elam back to his natural position which is SS and flying round the LOS.
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently we have a coin flip to determine draft order against Dallas. There's still some drama let for us Laughing

One would hope our first pick will be on offense and theirs be on defense, so it may not matter too much.
BareYourTeeth

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
Apparently we have a coin flip to determine draft order against Dallas. There's still some drama let for us Laughing

One would hope our first pick will be on offense and theirs be on defense, so it may not matter too much.

Jerry Jones should just give us 16 so Ozzie doesn't embarrass him by taking a better player right after him two years in a row.

I'm not so sure about going offense with the first pick, actually, because if Khalil Mack falls far enough for us to trade up and get just say screw offense. Suggs, Dumervil, Ngata, Webb, Jimmy Smith, Elam, Arthur Brown, and Mack on the same defense? Forget about it. Unless Pees is still the coordinator, of course, because it won't matter how much talent we have.

2000WORLD CHAMPIONS2012
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ravens-01 wrote:
I agree a big fast wide receiver is needed but I don't believe the Ravens will spend a high pick on one unless Sammy Watkins slips. That would be pure value. Other than that, too many other needs to draft a WR in the first 3 rounds. Hopefully Aaron Mellette shows something to add to Smith, Jones and Brown. What happen to Deonte Thompson? The coaches raved about him.

I wonder the same thing. We don't get too many WR's on the field and Brown certainly earned his place, but I would have liked us to have found a way to get him some real reps; especially with the hindsight of knowing where this was season was headed.

Also, what happened to Brandon Williams; why did we go back to Cody? Why couldn't Ryan Jensen or Wagner or Jah Reid get a shot in that disaster of a line? What exactly do we plan to do with Juszczyk on offense? I wish we had some meaningless garbage game to at least see what they could do.

I know someone will say that if they deserved to see the field, the coaches would have seen that in practice, but I don't completely buy that. They watched the ZBS takes thousands of reps in practice and still thought that was a good idea.
sp6488

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
Ravens-01 wrote:
I agree a big fast wide receiver is needed but I don't believe the Ravens will spend a high pick on one unless Sammy Watkins slips. That would be pure value. Other than that, too many other needs to draft a WR in the first 3 rounds. Hopefully Aaron Mellette shows something to add to Smith, Jones and Brown. What happen to Deonte Thompson? The coaches raved about him.

I wonder the same thing. We don't get too many WR's on the field and Brown certainly earned his place, but I would have liked us to have found a way to get him some real reps; especially with the hindsight of knowing where this was season was headed.

Also, what happened to Brandon Williams; why did we go back to Cody? Why couldn't Ryan Jensen or Wagner or Jah Reid get a shot in that disaster of a line? What exactly do we plan to do with Juszczyk on offense? I wish we had some meaningless garbage game to at least see what they could do.

I know someone will say that if they deserved to see the field, the coaches would have seen that in practice, but I don't completely buy that. They watched the ZBS takes thousands of reps in practice and still thought that was a good idea.

Jah Reid has been on the field in the past and shown nothing of note. No reason to believe he showed ANYTHING in practice really. As for the other Oline guys as well as Juice and Williams, sometimes its hard to say with rookies, especially the ones from the lower levels of CFB. Such a big adjustment.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been so disappointed in the lack of Juice, but I think it was more a case of my own heightened expectations.

I thought the offense would come up with creative ways of getting the ball into his hands, and into the hands of the other offensive skill players, and we might get to watch some novel and successful offensive performances this year.

Thompson was non-existent. Doss showed up for a few weeks, then completely disappeared again (yes, Jacoby got healthy again, but Doss was still involved in games alongside Jacoby).

With a lack of options and a dreadful running game, the Ravens really didn't seem to try anything new to deal with their issues. Jim Caldwell is Ned Flanders' father:

"I've tried nothing and I'm all out of ideas!"

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
wackywabbit wrote:
Ravens-01 wrote:

Jah Reid has been on the field in the past and shown nothing of note. No reason to believe he showed ANYTHING in practice really. As for the other Oline guys as well as Juice and Williams, sometimes its hard to say with rookies, especially the ones from the lower levels of CFB. Such a big adjustment.

I know Shipley gets some respect here, but from what I saw, he was almost as bad as Gino. What Jah Reid had shown in the past wasn't good but it was closer to average than what we had out there.
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
wackywabbit wrote:
Ravens-01 wrote:

I know Shipley gets some respect here, but from what I saw, he was almost as bad as Gino. What Jah Reid had shown in the past wasn't good but it was closer to average than what we had out there.

This might come down to scheme more than ability. Reid is a big guy, Tackle sized, and perhaps Castillo didn't think he fitted into the ZBS for the interior linemen.

Shipley is significantly smaller, and perhaps considered more athletic, and more able to do what Castillo wants his O-linemen to do.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.) OT
2.) C
3.) WR
4.) FS
5.) TE
6.) RB
7.) DL

I'd look to OT first. As someone else said, there's likely to be as many as 5 QB's taken before we pick so I think there will be a guy that falls. I feel they'll re-sign Monroe to be the LT, so grabbing someone who is capable at right to replace Oher makes sense.

Center needs to be addressed in my opinion. We'll see how they handle Gradkowski. I feel that they'll either bring in a relatively cheap option and to challenge him and leave the spot for the best man, or they'll spend a high pick on a nice prospect at C. If I'm making the call, I'm going out and finding a completely new center. I've seen just about all I need to of Gino, and IMO he's a reserve type player. Would like to see LT and C be the top two picks.

We need another receiver. My gut says Jacoby is gone, and if Doss is back he's no more than a 4th option. Marlon Brown obviously factors in to the equation; though as good as he was, I'm not ready to just roll with him and Torrey and call it a day. I'd like another talented guy who can step in and complement Brown and Smith. Hopefully a Stokely-esque slot guy. Could be a FA or draft pick (preferably in first 3 rounds).

After those 3, I think you look at TE an FS. As others have said, I think Ihedigbo played himself into a decent payday and I don't see him back. Dickson should be gone as well, and while Pitta should be back in form next season, I still would like to have a nice #2 guy to complement him. Could be able to find that in the 4th round area.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: