Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens 2014 Offseason Tracker
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
Suggs' value in terms of helping out the pass-rusher on the other side of the line is huge. Even though he's not getting to the QB himself he's still helping the other guys out by opening things up. That's not the case with Upshaw. I like Upshaw but if he's starting then there needs to be a truly dominant pass-rusher across for him or there has to be somebody on the line that can pressure the QB consistently.

How does Suggs open things up? I'm still yet to see an example of this..

diamondbull424 wrote:

He doesn't? News to me. So the multiple occasions in the Steelers game where Suggs would get past their LT only to be hit by Bell... weren't double teams? Or does it only count as a double team when a TE is present on the LOS to assist the LT?

And it's not just the Steelers game. On multiple occasions this season that has happened. RBs tend to attack Suggs side to slow him down than to go towards Dumervil. So that definitely DOES have an impact on Dumervil's performance. It means, he gets more 1on1 opportunities. Also, Suggs being a great pass rusher opposite Dumervil means Doom isn't going to be double teamed himself on many occasions. Unrelated, Suggs presence also helps to draw the RB to his side and sometimes helps to leave a free blitzing ILB to attack the QB unabated.

And he still hasn't shown an example of that.....

What do you mean, like rewatch the game to find the plays and then spend another 20 minutes making a gif in photoshop of a few plays just to appease your curiosity?

Yeah... no. Maybe if I had more time on my hands/some free time. But if that's what you're talking about, I don't have the time for all that. Way too much effort there... for minimal return. Even just screen shotting the play, would still require watching that game over. Which... is only a 'maybe' at best. Feeling pretty lazy this weekend tbqh... maybe tomorrow that will change.

I shall be waiting Very Happy and also watching more closely this Monday.

You should've caught me earlier in the season. I would've definitely done it. But I suppose I've started to wear down. I'm not as fresh and can't make as many plays.

#DumervilStatus Razz

... but really, I 'might' do it tomorrow. But I've already lost enough sleep this weekend. Tomorrow will most probably be spent like so...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomorrow I may not leave my bed. #Saturday #NoSchool #Madden #VideoGames #DontCare

Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at all those 2015 comp picks Cool Crying or Very sad
sp6488

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
Look at all those 2015 comp picks Cool Crying or Very sad

#Newsoming

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://russellstreetreport.com/ravens-2014-free-agency-preview/

Lots and lots of good stuff here. Nothing too surprising, but it puts a lot of numerical values to some of the potential cuts/cap saving moves we've been talking about.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
http://russellstreetreport.com/ravens-2014-free-agency-preview/

Lots and lots of good stuff here. Nothing too surprising, but it puts a lot of numerical values to some of the potential cuts/cap saving moves we've been talking about.

As always, an excellent read by those guys over in Russell Street Report.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://russellstreetreport.com/ravens-2014-offseason-preview-version-2-0/

Updated free agency preview. Not a whole lot of new stuff but I think there are some updated numbers. Here's a chart we're all probably interested in:

coordinator0

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 24m
#Ravens and TE Dennis Pitta are making progress to a new deal, per sources. Nothing imminent. Sides have until March 3 before he gets tagged

Quote:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 23m
Talk to teams that need TEs, though, and they don’t view it as realistic that Pitta becomes free. He’d get interest if he was ever free tho

In other news, snow is cold.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Yep. Pitta is going nowhere. He'll be signed then Monroe likely tagged before long-term deal is made.

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW, saw elsewhere from a somewhat credible source that the Ravens have identified Julian Edelman and LaGarrette Blount as two potential 'realistic' targets in FA. Both of them are more mid-tier, 'right player/right price' kind of buys, but they both fill needs - with Rice's legal issues and Pierce facing a long, tough rehab period after rotator cuff surgery, we need more than 2 RB's on the roster and a power back who could remain useful even if/when those guys are shouldering the load would be ideal. Edelman isn't a big surprise either, between our interest in Amendola last year, signing Stokley over the summer, and Ozzie and Harbaugh's comments about desiring a certain "type" of receiver at the end-of-season presser, it's clear that he fits the mold of receiver that we've long coveted - I'd rather grab Jordan Matthews in the draft but Edelman would be a solid, if somewhat risky signing. But if he doesn't carry a high enough price tag that we're knocked out of the running, I'd imagine he'd prefer to stay in New England with Brady.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw that we could "potentially" keep Oher, and then I woke up my GF by doing this:

Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
coordinator0

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that came from Harbaugh in a press conference or interview or something a couple of days ago. He pretty much said he wanted to keep everybody so I wouldn't read too much into it. At least that's what I'm hoping.

As for Blount and Edelman being free agent targets for the Ravens... meh. If I remember correctly that report originated from Mike Preston. I'll believe it when I see it, especially with Blount. It's hard to see them giving up one of their potential compensation picks for another runningback. I'd definitely expect a later draft pick or an undrafted free agent to fill that position even if Rice could be suspended and Pierce has to rehab for a while before training camp. Edelman would be kind of interesting as long as his price tag isn't too high. He would be a pretty good replacement for Jones at punt returner too. But I still can't see Baltimore going with a free agent over taking advantage of the best receiver class we've seen in years. Doing both probably isn't likely either given how un-spread based Kubiak's system is.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
I think that came from Harbaugh in a press conference or interview or something a couple of days ago. He pretty much said he wanted to keep everybody so I wouldn't read too much into it. At least that's what I'm hoping.

As for Blount and Edelman being free agent targets for the Ravens... meh. If I remember correctly that report originated from Mike Preston. I'll believe it when I see it, especially with Blount. It's hard to see them giving up one of their potential compensation picks for another runningback. I'd definitely expect a later draft pick or an undrafted free agent to fill that position even if Rice could be suspended and Pierce has to rehab for a while before training camp. Edelman would be kind of interesting as long as his price tag isn't too high. He would be a pretty good replacement for Jones at punt returner too. But I still can't see Baltimore going with a free agent over taking advantage of the best receiver class we've seen in years. Doing both probably isn't likely either given how un-spread based Kubiak's system is.

The Pitta story also originated with him. Yet that same day the sides were apparently making progress via a different insider. Preston is a joke. I honestly can't feel any sort of trust when I read anything he writes. I mean it's possible that he could be right, but I'll need someone more accurate to confirm his tales before I buy them.
=========================
On a similar note:
Quote:
@MikePrestonSun: Ravens working hard to re-sign their own free agents. LB Daryl Smith might be done in a day or two. No promises.

The no promises part made me laugh. But if there is any truth to this... then one would have to assume that it's a cheap deal that the Ravens feel good about if they're willing to sign him at this point in the process. Willing to sign him before more pressing priorities like Dennis Pitta and Eugene Monroe.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 21m
Interesting wrinkle on franchise tags: Per the letter teams send, player is IDed merely as “a Franchise Player,” not at specific position.

Quote:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 19m
Franchise letter leaves it to CBA, which says calculations are for “position at which Player participated in the most plays” in past year

Quote:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 18m
That Saints won’t be the ones calling him a TE. They’ll wait for official determination RT @bc4_bc: @RapSheet so what does this really mean?

So Pitta would almost surely be labeled as a wide receiver if the Ravens used the franchise tag on him since the majority of his snaps last seas did come at that position. He's definitely getting a new contract. I wouldn't be shocked to see Monroe get the franchise tag though.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there's a simple solution to this TE nonsense. They want to play the slot and be paid as slot WRs? Then how about the NFL labels "slot WR" as an official position and designate it for players. These TEs can get paid the salary of the top 10 slot WRs in the NFL... Which should be your Wes Welkers and such, not the Calvin Johnson's... The money would probably be awfully similar to TE money... And they'll shut up quick with that nonsense. When they can hang on the outside of the formation.. Then they can talk about upgrading their pay grade.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 5 of 19

Jump to: