Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 16 GDT: Seattle Seahawks vs Arizona Cardinals
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jazzaloha

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
I don't think I saw us throw a slant or hitch all day. With their LB's focused on our TE's and blitzing theirs no reason Baldwin/Tate shouldn't have had a catch or two over the middle

I think they threw a receiver screen to Baldwin on the right side, and it got a good gain. But that was only one pass. There were no slants...come to think of it, they rarely throw any slants. Indeed, I can't think of one example--not one of those three step, quick slants, anyway. I wonder if shy away because of Wilson's height. Otherwise, I think this is a good route to run, particularly to keep the pass rush at bay. (They ran more receiver screens last year, if I recall.)

A part of me does feel they need more dink-and-dunk, quick hitting pass plays--just to counter the pass rush.

Have you (or anyone else) looked at the type of separation the receivers get?
NestlePureLife

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in other news man i hate the 49ers

i haven't hated a team this bad since the senators from 2000 to 2005
union hawk fan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NestlePureLife wrote:
in other news man i hate the 49ers

i haven't hated a team this bad since the senators from 2000 to 2005
this. Can't stand them but they looked beatable tonight. Great play by the linebacker on the pick six
NestlePureLife

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[removed]
struby3

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NestlePureLife wrote:

[removed]

Stay classy.
miner49er

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't fret on the loss this week guys. According to most of your fanbase, the Hawks have aready won the Superbowl. Congrats on the ring Smile

Thank You to GridironGreat09 for the sweet sig!
hdshot

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

miner49er wrote:
Don't fret on the loss this week guys. According to most of your fanbase, the Hawks have aready won the Superbowl. Congrats on the ring Smile

C'Mon Man! We still feel the SB 40 pain and take nothing for granted. Any normal Hawk fan has none of those thoughts. Yes we have a good chance of a SB winning team but that doesn't show anything.

Remeber we have watched the saits and tb win SB's which where jokes of the NFL for years even decades and never would of thought those 2 doing it before the Hawks. Just to crazy to say we win go home.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

miner49er wrote:
stop trolling please

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
Jazzaloha

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a good analyst of defenses or even offenses plays, but I went back and watched the all-22 footage of the game. Here are some impressions:

While Wilson could have made more accurate throws, receivers could have held on to some of the balls and the OL could have blocked better--both in run blocking and pass protection--I want to say that more credit has to go to the Cardinal defense.

And in terms of the Seattle offense versus the Cardinal defense, probably the most accurate and fair thing you can say, in my view, is that the Seahawks just didn't make enough plays.

In a way, this is good news because it wasn't like the play was really bad. If anything I'd single out the OL. I feel like they could improve more and this improvement could make the biggest difference--but maybe that's obvious. When Wilson had a clean pocket, good things seemed to happen (although sometimes the Cardinals' coverage was really good and Wilson had no where to throw). They also need to show up and help Marshawn in the run game. The offense relies too much on Wilson (scrambling) and Lynch (breaking tackles). It's time for the offense line to do more.

Re: short routes.

There were more short routes than I thought, but they were often covered. (I don't think they had any quick slants, and there was only one receiver screen--to Kearse--which worked well.)

I do feel like more quick hitting pass plays would be good, just to keep the offense off balance.

But a bigger priority is getting the run game going.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: