Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Hill done for the season
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raoul Duke

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Hill done for the season Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/10132064/stephen-hill-new-york-jets-placed-injured-reserve

- Cliff Burton
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man our receivers just can't stay healthy
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So this is likely why he had a down year.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully he just continues to improve, he obviously didn't wow anyone this year but maybe injury was part of it.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCK: 123 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT:
NJerseypaint

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsfandan423 wrote:
Hopefully he just continues to improve, he obviously didn't wow anyone this year but maybe injury was part of it.

I'm extremely behind on game tape, but in the start of the year it was clear his catching was much improved.
KBS756

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hill's catching definitely was improved, still needed work, but definitely better then the year before. For some reason Geno didn't like to throw to him even when he was open. He definitely still has a lot of work to do on his route running. It sucks for him to be injured once again, he's a great attitude guy with huge potential if he ever puts it together.
Davey

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's got a lot to work on when it comes to mastering short-to-intermediate route running and getting himself into open spaces. If you would have told me that two years ago he would be struggling with it as a second year player I wouldn't have been shocked though obviously disappointed. He's got a lot to work on but he's still got time on his side.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He had one catch since the CIncy game. It was not a good year for Hill. When Nelson completely outplays you, theres a problem. I want Hill to come in as the #4 next year. If hes penciled in as the starter for the 3rd year in a row its going to be another rough year offensively.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Davey

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
He had one catch since the CIncy game. It was not a good year for Hill. When Nelson completely outplays you, theres a problem. I want Hill to come in as the #4 next year. If hes penciled in as the starter for the 3rd year in a row its going to be another rough year offensively.

I definitely think it's dangerous to hand him anything (or anybody for that manner). He's come into the past two seasons knowing he was going to start which hasn't exactly helped push him to get better.
doumeyer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate to bust all the Hill fans bubble, but Hill flat out sucks, he has been a two year bust.
famousj

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't notice he was on the field anyway. The Jets need a new deep threat. Hill will be the Jets #5 WR at best next year.

Props to Sandwich for Sig

Idzik: SPEND BABY SPEND!!!!
KBS756

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doumeyer wrote:
Hate to bust all the Hill fans bubble, but Hill flat out sucks, he has been a two year bust.

Even so ... he's not making much and doesn't hurt to keep him on as a 4th or 5th WR next year... not a bad character guy and still has some hope
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doumeyer wrote:

You can't really call a guy that we knew was raw a bust after 2 injured years. He looked much better than last year. Now I still don't think he should start but I don't blame them for starting him the last 2 years considering we have no talent at the skill positions.
doumeyer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like the way our position in the draft is shaping up. Going after a top FA must be a top priority of the Jets front office. Geno Smith has a lot of work to do before next season, his passes all sail high & and his foot work is horrible, thats all stuff can be corrected. Ever time this year when he rolls out to his right, he ends up throwing the ball away, not one time all year has he made a play doing that. John Idzik has a big job in the off season.
neauone

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: no no no Reply with quote

Well as for his "potential" let me know when he's on the field for all 16 games.
Going into next year 2014, how many games has he played in the 32 of his career?
Half? Less?
He drops catches he should catch and catches passes he should drop, he is the picture of inconsistency.
How many WR's/TE's or RB's play in this league who are inconsistent?

Answer: NOT MANY

Lets move on and pick up some WR's and TE's that can catch and stay on the field.
Not Holmes who really hasn't played in 2 years, or Winston who is on the downside of his career or "projects" in hopes that they develop.

All the while teams are drafting players who produce and make their team viable year in and year out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: