Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Top 3 Moves
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ward4HOF wrote:
jebrick wrote:
hire better scouts
get better talent on defense
get better talent on offense

Win more games
Lose less games
Sign Jimmy Graham in FA

ok...so now, back to the real world options....

1. Sign Kenny Britt as a 2014 UFA to a reasonable deal. He can't possibly command too much money, and he is talented. Highly doubt we sign him, but I'll be very interested to see what he will do next year on a different team. Britt is the kind of player that the Patriots typically go after, so wouldn't be shocked to see him on the Pats next year and have a 70 rec/1200yd/8 TD season.

2. Draft Ebron in the 1st.

3. Hire a new OL coach...spare no expense and get the BEST one possible and one not afraid to put the players at their best position for the team. I have no doubt with the proper coaching, Adams could fill the role as a decent LT, Pouncey as a great LG, and Velasco as our OC, DD at RG, and "Tiny" Richardson/David Yankey/Corey Robertson/Juwuan James as our 2nd rd draft pick RT.

Britt is one guy I don't want on this team at all. He's played 16 games just once in his 5 year career and that was his rookie season plus he has had NINE incidents of some sort with the police since he joined the NFL. Way too many red flags even if he came cheap.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1BackInBlackFan wrote:
Ward4HOF wrote:
jebrick wrote:
hire better scouts

Win more games
Lose less games
Sign Jimmy Graham in FA

1. Sign Kenny Britt as a 2014 UFA to a reasonable deal. He can't possibly command too much money, and he is talented. Highly doubt we sign him, but I'll be very interested to see what he will do next year on a different team. Britt is the kind of player that the Patriots typically go after, so wouldn't be shocked to see him on the Pats next year and have a 70 rec/1200yd/8 TD season.

3. Hire a new OL coach...spare no expense and get the BEST one possible and one not afraid to put the players at their best position for the team. I have no doubt with the proper coaching, Adams could fill the role as a decent LT, Pouncey as a great LG, and Velasco as our OC, DD at RG, and "Tiny" Richardson/David Yankey/Corey Robertson/Juwuan James as our 2nd rd draft pick RT.

Britt is one guy I don't want on this team at all. He's played 16 games just once in his 5 year career and that was his rookie season plus he has had NINE incidents of some sort with the police since he joined the NFL. Way too many red flags even if he came cheap.

Agreed.

He is just one of many examples of idiocy trumping talent, despite some claims on here that talent is all the matters.
rollins

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Move Adams back to RT where he showed promise in his first year. It only makes sense he is better at RB than PB so why try and make him a LT? Let him do what he does best which is move ppl off the ball from the RT position.

2. Draft a true athletic TE. Someone who can play alongside Heath as the move TE and even split out wide if needed.

3. Lebeau has got to go. His style of defense is just not effective unless you have a truly dominant pass rusher which we do not have right now. We need a coordinator who does not mind overload blitzing and playing bump and run coverage.
Ward4HOF

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
1BackInBlackFan wrote:
Ward4HOF wrote:
jebrick wrote:
hire better scouts

Win more games
Lose less games
Sign Jimmy Graham in FA

Agreed.

He is just one of many examples of idiocy trumping talent, despite some claims on here that talent is all the matters.

Well, if he was productive, injury free, and not an idiot, then he'd be expensive and unattainable...my point was maybe give him a change in scenery, at a cheap price, and see if there is a small chance he matures some. They can draft the contract anyway they want to protect themselves, and maybe, just maybe, he MIGHT turn into a productive, talented, receiving threat. If not, no harm, no foul. Look at Aqib Talib now vs. a few years back. He was every bit the idiot, but turned things around. As did Pacman Jones, as well as some other players around the league as well.

Just saying, it's an idea that may be worth gambling on.

If not Britt, how about Lafell. He'll be more pricy, but less of a risk, and talent, IMO. Or Damian Williams?

Props to Jamison on the sweet sig!!!
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ward4HOF wrote:
Well, if he was productive, injury free, and not an idiot, then he'd be expensive and unattainable...my point was maybe give him a change in scenery, at a cheap price, and see if there is a small chance he matures some.

I dont necessarily disagree, but I wouldnt give him more than just over vet minimum for maybe a year. Id be worried about ever giving him a multi year contract. He just doesnt seem to care much about football and he doesnt seem too bright in general.

Quote:
Look at Aqib Talib now vs. a few years back. He was every bit the idiot, but turned things around. As did Pacman Jones, as well as some other players around the league as well.

And there are alot who didnt.

Again, I dont really disagree with your points, but I would be worried about taking a leap of faith on him.

I also think some team will overpay him based purely on what he COULD be.

Quote:
Just saying, it's an idea that may be worth gambling on.

If not Britt, how about Lafell. He'll be more pricy, but less of a risk, and talent, IMO. Or Damian Williams?

All could be options, but Lafell is the only one I would strongly consider. I would look into Britt but I wouldnt get into a bidding war. And Damian Williams....might as well just resign Manny Sanders.
kethnaab

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
1. Trade Timmons to the Redskins for their 2nd and 3rd round picks.

holy crap, I never even considered that one. Why would the Redskins do that?
rollins

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
JustPlainNasty wrote:

So you want to trade one of our 5 best players? Our best defensive player in his prime?

When was the last time we had a 2nd round pick and 3rd round pick that you would trade for Timmons? Seriously what are the chances we would draft two players that would be better than having Timmons??? I don't get it, he is one of the best ILBs in the NFL
rlon40

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a believer that Adams brings much more potential to the table than Gilbert. I haven't completely given up on Adams as a left tackle, nor am I sold on Beachum there. If Adams is not starting at LT next year, he should be valued over Gilbert on the right side because his run blocking is superior and his pass blocking potential is there.
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ward4HOF wrote:
1. Sign Kenny Britt as a 2014 UFA to a reasonable deal.

Dear Mother of God, no. Keep that headcase far, far away from Pittsburgh. He doesn't deserve the honor of ever wearing Black and Gold
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Britt is never going to accomplish [inappropriate/removed]. Five seasons and he hasn't cracked 800 yards. No one is going to pay him, and the Steelers wouldn't look at him even if they thought he was talented. It's useless to even discuss it.
AlanFanecaFan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basic 3 sets of moves

-Cut Troy/Ike/Miller/Levi Brown ($27 mill saved~)
-Extend Ben/Heyward
-Sign Nt Solia from the Fins

Gunny Highway wrote:
Ed Reed coughs real hard and his other testicle descends and he admits Hines Ward has far more grit than he does
AlanFanecaFan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 under the radar moves that would have huge benefits going forward...

-Change of pace back to compliment Bell
-Slot CB to replace Gay in future( wanted Honey Badger this past year)
-resigning Worilds or drafting another OLB to replace Woodley sooner rather then later

Gunny Highway wrote:
Ed Reed coughs real hard and his other testicle descends and he admits Hines Ward has far more grit than he does
kethnaab

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rollins wrote:
kethnaab wrote:
JustPlainNasty wrote:

So you want to trade one of our 5 best players? Our best defensive player in his prime?

5 best players?

No. Not even close.

Best defensive player?

No. Not even close.

rollins wrote:
I don't get it, he is one of the best ILBs in the NFL

there's the disconnect. He's not.
wwhickok

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me sum this up for you.

Trading Timmons = Pure idiocy
Signing Kenny = Pure Stupidity

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
rollins wrote:
kethnaab wrote:
JustPlainNasty wrote:

5 best players?

No. Not even close.

Best defensive player?

No. Not even close.

rollins wrote:
I don't get it, he is one of the best ILBs in the NFL

there's the disconnect. He's not.

I agree he isnt top 5 on the team...but he is top 10...so saying its not close is just wrong.

I agree he is not the best defensive player, but again...not even close?

Yes he is close....not because he is great but because its not like many are outperforming him.

Cam...but only for the last 4-6 games really.
Troy - Playing well but still making mistakes that hurt us.
Worlids - As a pass rusher only. Worse than Timmons vs the run and in coverage.

Who else?

Timmons isnt playing great this year, but who is, really? Certainly not Woodley....or Clark...or Ike...or Keisel...or McLendon. I guess you could argue Willie Gay, but just for this season.

If you wanna talk JUST this season, Timmons is no worse than 4th, maybe 5th.

If you wanna talk about in general, he is top 3...unless you wanna drag him through the mud after one season and put Heyward and Worlids higher than they deserve to be despite this being the first season theyve really been in the convo.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: