Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Scott's Mock 2014 offseason
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeeperKing

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lentz33 wrote:
BeeperKing wrote:
It's a hard line to tell when the so called "Falcon Filter" comes into effect. We have to assume that TD won't draft ASJ because of his arrest, because he's never drafted a player with an arrest. We know that he's forgiving to players on his roster because he's let Willy-Mo, Snelling, and Turner all have passes after they were arrested. But until he does draft a player, I will assume that this will be an issue.

But it is a hard line to define. Take Alex Okafor last year as an example. He was a guy that we all thought we would be targeting in the first or second, but he had a BS arrest on his record. When he dropped to the fourth and we passed, many assumed it was because of said arrest. He's been a non-factor this year for the Cards. Now, did we pass because of the arrest or did we pass because we simply didn't like him as a player?

This year with Clowney is going to tell us a lot about TD as a drafter. If we pass on Clowney, or trade down, it's going to say that TD was legitimately scared off by his issues. Now Clowney has no legal record outside of speeding tickets (this has proven to be a non issue with prospects as well), but we all know he isn't even close to a choir boy. Of course, we may not even be in position to take Clowney after tomorrow, so then all this become null....

This is going to be a very interesting offseason

Awful awful example. Okafor has been out since week 3. What kind of impact did you expect him to have?

That would explain a lot Embarassed.....

Foster a Falcon '14: Julio Jones
FakingInjuries wrote:

Without those elite targets, [Matt Ryan] is in the same tier as Matt Cassell.
Lentz33

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeeperKing wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
BeeperKing wrote:
It's a hard line to tell when the so called "Falcon Filter" comes into effect. We have to assume that TD won't draft ASJ because of his arrest, because he's never drafted a player with an arrest. We know that he's forgiving to players on his roster because he's let Willy-Mo, Snelling, and Turner all have passes after they were arrested. But until he does draft a player, I will assume that this will be an issue.

But it is a hard line to define. Take Alex Okafor last year as an example. He was a guy that we all thought we would be targeting in the first or second, but he had a BS arrest on his record. When he dropped to the fourth and we passed, many assumed it was because of said arrest. He's been a non-factor this year for the Cards. Now, did we pass because of the arrest or did we pass because we simply didn't like him as a player?

This year with Clowney is going to tell us a lot about TD as a drafter. If we pass on Clowney, or trade down, it's going to say that TD was legitimately scared off by his issues. Now Clowney has no legal record outside of speeding tickets (this has proven to be a non issue with prospects as well), but we all know he isn't even close to a choir boy. Of course, we may not even be in position to take Clowney after tomorrow, so then all this become null....

Awful awful example. Okafor has been out since week 3. What kind of impact did you expect him to have?

In your defense, he only had one tackle in 2.5 games.

Adopt-a-Falcon: Matt Ryan - 76-111 68.4% 965 yards 7 TDs 3 INTs 105.2 QB Rating
falcfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lentz33 wrote:
BeeperKing wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
BeeperKing wrote:

bad example but point taken. this draft, if selecting in the top 3, will truly show us how strict TD is with his 'character' concerns.
SpicyMcHaggis

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very comprehensive mock draft, well done.

I like the guys getting cut (Decoud).

Between free agency and the draft it fits all of our needs.
Robust Perry

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great mock and this gave the best overall breakdown of any mock I've seen. Thanks for putting so much effort into it.

I agree that ASJ would allow our offense to continue a dynamic receiving threat from the TE position. However, I think that only drafting a Center late and only adding a Guard in FA would leave us with a well below average line. I would rather see the 2nd round pick be an OT or OG with an upside TE late in the draft.

I think the best formula for the draft's going to be

1st Defensive End
2nd BPA Tackle or Guard
3rd Defensive Tackle
4rd Tight End
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

terrell123 wrote:
adam9 wrote:
I almost guarantee Austin isn't on our board at all. If he was available in round 6, I doubt we would take him.
I agree. Scar likes to give certain players(the ones that he likes) a pass. But he tends to give other guys the "bad character" tag. A guy that liked to smoke a lil weed in college for instance is a monster, and not fit to be a Falcon, but the guy who drives drunk and puts not only himself, but other peoples lives in danger is a high character guy because Trufant endorsed him........ Smile And just last week it was a guy who was caught stealing sandwiches. LMAO. Have you forgotten the TD code all of a sudden? Btw, Not a bad offseason,(especially the Decoud cut) but Saffold isnt coming here to play Guard....
Talking about Honey Badger again? He wasn't kicked out of college for just a little weed. Pills and other drugs were involved. HE was also caught dealing. So acting like it's "Just a little weed" is a complete and utter joke. I don't give people passes. But I look at each situation based on what I've seen. Honey Badger was taken off 29 boards completely. Yet, "it's just a little weed." Just a little weed doesn't get someone kicked off of LSU's football team either.

Saffold is playing guard for the Rams. He has no problems playing inside and looks good at it.

ASJ's only blemish is the DUI. The Falcons would have taken Justin Houston had he slipped to their 3rd round pick in the 2011 draft, they would have gladly taken him despite him failing multiple marijuana drug tests. ASJ having a former teammate vouch for him is just one way a team would look at him. And he got caught with a DUI. TD's code hasn't been tested with a situation like this yet.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeeperKing wrote:

Clowney isn't even close to a choir boy? He has a single speeding ticket on his name. he doesn't party. he's a team player. He's been fighting injuries this year, but anyone who actually goes to columbia and talks to his coaches will see he's not even close to a character issue and was on the fringe of being a team captain this season. William Moore also had speeding tickets coming into the league out of missouri.

scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

falcfan4life wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
BeeperKing wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
BeeperKing wrote:

bad example but point taken. this draft, if selecting in the top 3, will truly show us how strict TD is with his 'character' concerns.

Or how overblown the character concerns were in the first place. which they are for Clowney.

BeeperKing

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
BeeperKing wrote:

Clowney isn't even close to a choir boy? He has a single speeding ticket on his name. he doesn't party. he's a team player. He's been fighting injuries this year, but anyone who actually goes to columbia and talks to his coaches will see he's not even close to a character issue and was on the fringe of being a team captain this season. William Moore also had speeding tickets coming into the league out of missouri.

I never said he has any arrests or anything. But you've even said it yourself, he's tough and he's not exactly a leader. Basically, he isn't Desmond Trufant or Malliciah Goodman, who seem like model citizens.

Foster a Falcon '14: Julio Jones
FakingInjuries wrote:

Without those elite targets, [Matt Ryan] is in the same tier as Matt Cassell.
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeeperKing wrote:
I never said he has any arrests or anything. But you've even said it yourself, he's tough and he's not exactly a leader. Basically, he isn't Desmond Trufant or Malliciah Goodman, who seem like model citizens.

the more I've researched into him off the field, the more he is a leader. he's just not a captain. he does charity work off the field that gets zero press and hangs out with teammates and his girlfriend off the field.

terrell123

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
adam9 wrote:
I almost guarantee Austin isn't on our board at all. If he was available in round 6, I doubt we would take him.
I agree. Scar likes to give certain players(the ones that he likes) a pass. But he tends to give other guys the "bad character" tag. A guy that liked to smoke a lil weed in college for instance is a monster, and not fit to be a Falcon, but the guy who drives drunk and puts not only himself, but other peoples lives in danger is a high character guy because Trufant endorsed him........ Smile And just last week it was a guy who was caught stealing sandwiches. LMAO. Have you forgotten the TD code all of a sudden? Btw, Not a bad offseason,(especially the Decoud cut) but Saffold isnt coming here to play Guard....
Talking about Honey Badger again? He wasn't kicked out of college for just a little weed. Pills and other drugs were involved. HE was also caught dealing. So acting like it's "Just a little weed" is a complete and utter joke. I don't give people passes. But I look at each situation based on what I've seen. Honey Badger was taken off 29 boards completely. Yet, "it's just a little weed." Just a little weed doesn't get someone kicked off of LSU's football team either.

Saffold is playing guard for the Rams. He has no problems playing inside and looks good at it.

ASJ's only blemish is the DUI. The Falcons would have taken Justin Houston had he slipped to their 3rd round pick in the 2011 draft, they would have gladly taken him despite him failing multiple marijuana drug tests. ASJ having a former teammate vouch for him is just one way a team would look at him. And he got caught with a DUI. TD's code hasn't been tested with a situation like this yet.
Hell, Clowney smokes just as much as "the Honey Badger". LMAO. Just hasn't been caught yet.... Believe that...Btw "the honey badger" NEVER got a dealing charge. Pills, weed, or anything. That's hear say... DUI's kill MILLIONS of people every year.Thats a FACT.. (If youre drinking and driving in College, you can almost guarantee it that youll be doing it when you get paid.(see Aldon Smith).. I absolutely despise people who would risk other peoples lives like that. Especially since my niece got hit by one..Call a freakin taxi.. And just so you know, there has been NO reported deaths whatsoever from weed. EVER.. And at least the honey badger wasn't driving. Wink Not saying one is better or worse than the other,(but it is) but how you take a guy completely off the board for smoking mary jane(and a bunch of hearsay), but the drunk driver gets selected in the 2nd rd is beyond me..

Last edited by terrell123 on Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

terrell123 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
adam9 wrote:

Hell, Clowney smokes just as much as "the Honey Badger". LMAO. Just hasn't been caught yet.... Believe that...Btw "the honey badger" NEVER got a dealing charge. Pills, weed, or anything. That's hear say... DUI's kill MILLIONS of people every year.Thats a FACT.. (If youre drinking and driving in College, you can almost guarantee it that youll be doing it when you get paid.(see Aldon Smith).. I absolutely despise people who would risk other peoples lives like that. Especially since my niece got hit by one..Call a freakin taxi.. And just so you know, there has been NO reported deaths whatsoever from weed. EVER.. And at least the honey badger wasn't driving. Wink Not saying one is better or worse than the other,(but it is) but how you take a guy completely off the board for smoking mary jane, but the drunk driver gets selected in the 2nd rd is beyond me..

This is a discussion that should have never have started and needs to stop now. No one comes here to see peoples opinions on weed.
terrell123

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
adam9 wrote:

Hell, Clowney smokes just as much as "the Honey Badger". LMAO. Just hasn't been caught yet.... Believe that...Btw "the honey badger" NEVER got a dealing charge. Pills, weed, or anything. That's hear say... DUI's kill MILLIONS of people every year.Thats a FACT.. (If youre drinking and driving in College, you can almost guarantee it that youll be doing it when you get paid.(see Aldon Smith).. I absolutely despise people who would risk other peoples lives like that. Especially since my niece got hit by one..Call a freakin taxi.. And just so you know, there has been NO reported deaths whatsoever from weed. EVER.. And at least the honey badger wasn't driving. Wink Not saying one is better or worse than the other,(but it is) but how you take a guy completely off the board for smoking mary jane, but the drunk driver gets selected in the 2nd rd is beyond me..

This is a discussion that should have never have started and needs to stop now. No one comes here to see peoples opinions on weed.
But they have no problem supporting players who risk OTHER peoples lives by driving drunk. I got it... Just saying. Why give 1 guy a pass, but condemn the other?? Just ignorant.

Last edited by terrell123 on Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

terrell123 wrote:
Hell, Clowney smokes just as much as "the Honey Badger". LMAO. Just hasn't been caught yet.... Believe that..
as much as the Honey Badger now, yeah. nothing.

terrell123

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
Hell, Clowney smokes just as much as "the Honey Badger". LMAO. Just hasn't been caught yet.... Believe that..
as much as the Honey Badger now, yeah. nothing.
lmao. If you believe that your're a fool. Deandre knows ALOT of people... And we talk ALOT.. But whatever dude. You believe what you wanna believe. Btw, Just because something is legal(alcohol), doesn't mean you should sugar coat DUI's. Your're putting others at risk. Not just yourself. Waaaay worse than marijuana is IMO. Watched alcohol literally eat my Grandad alive. While the drug dealers(liquor stores) kept serving him up.. But that's for another day.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: