Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

An Interview with Davis
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
ch8878 wrote:

It has to do with the fact they couldn't pay a top QB last year.

So that's the reason they traded for a guy who coudn't make it past week 6? Had they signed Vince Young, the result woudn't have been any worse.

Easy to say with hindsight in your corner
raidr4life

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
ch8878 wrote:

So that's the reason they traded for a guy who coudn't make it past week 6? Had they signed Vince Young, the result woudn't have been any worse.
You act like they could have predicted Flynn was going to suck and pout.

Seriously? What is the front office's job exactly? Throw darts at a board and hope for the best? They'd better be able to avoid those kind of transactions in the future so call it a prediction if you want, i'll call it a player evaluation (talent and character).
You're right we have the worst front office ever no other team has made any mistakes with draft picks or FA signings.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
ch8878 wrote:

Seriously? What is the front office's job exactly? Throw darts at a board and hope for the best? They'd better be able to avoid those kind of transactions in the future so call it a prediction if you want, i'll call it a player evaluation (talent and character).
You're right we have the worst front office ever no other team has made any mistakes with draft picks or FA signings.

That's nowhere close what i'm saying. I'm not gonna pretend this didn't turn out to be a bad move though.
NickButera

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
ch8878 wrote:

That's nowhere close what i'm saying. I'm not gonna pretend this didn't turn out to be a bad move though.

But you can't pretend that a bad move therefor implies they are throwing darts at a board and there is even a remote possibility that they won't make a bad move in the future.

I remember a really good article posted here years ago that I'll have a hard time forgetting. It was a statistical research article about draft picks vs free agent signings. It compared the NFL averages over the last several or 10 years of how many draft picks panned out, vs how many multiyear free agent signings panned out. The percentage that they would contribute decently or better to your team were both right around %50, with draft picks holding a slightly higher percentage.

Then the article talked about how some GM's like Ted Thompson stockpile later round draft picks and how it was an amazingly good idea because he gives himself more %50 chances of players contributing to his team, and he doesn't have o spend the money in free agency to get the same results.

it was actually a really wonderful article, I wish I could find it again.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:

But you can't pretend that a bad move therefor implies they are throwing darts at a board and there is even a remote possibility that they won't make a bad move in the future.

That's not what i'm saying either. raidr4life said they couldn't "predict" he was going to suck and pout. Their job is to bring players who aren't going to suck and pout. They clearly mis-evaluated this player to the point they had to cut him 4 months later. Hopefully, it won't happen too often.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ch8878 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
ch8878 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
IF Allen gets canned, my number 1 candidate is Bill O'Brien. That would be awesome.

After that I like Ray Horton, Mike Zimmer and David Shaw (although I think he stays in college)

Mike Zimmer would be my pick, but it don't sound like Allen is going anywhere unless Raiders get blown out the last 3 weeks.

The OC and DC might not be brought back though.

Remember you said that.

Oops meant [isn't]

Hello, blow out . . . .

I thought a meltdown might happen. I would hold fort with DA UNLESS Bill O'Brien is available. PLEASE! He is the guy this team needs. I've got two words for RaiderNation: McGloin, Hackenberg. Look what O'Brien has done with their development.

While you guys are bananas over Jameis this kid Hackenberg WILL surpass him by the time they are both eligible for the draft.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: