Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Wish list for 2014
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Halradio

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:45 am    Post subject: Wish list for 2014 Reply with quote

With yet another disappointing season on the books, I decided to write up my wish list for 2014 so in no particular order -

1. Receivers who can CATCH

Right now the Rams are number two in the Dropped Passes Category and that trend can't continue into 2014.

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/team-receiver-drops-percentage/2013/

2. Defensive backs who can COVER

Bernie did a pretty good job of spelling it out in the article below.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/bernie-miklasz/bernie-rams-pass-defense-historically-bad/article_024aed35-361c-5e55-b8b0-0e69639839ad.html

IMO the demise of the Rams pass defense this season centered around two things - the staggering drop off in Finn's play and lack of competent/experienced safeties.

Regardless of the cause, the Rams can't go into 2014 with the back end of the defense in disarray.

3. Depth

In today's salary cap era you can't be strong everywhere and yes the Rams are still rebuilding.

That being said there are several positions where the talent level falls off a cliff between the starters and the next guy on the depth chart.

CB, OLB, and S immediately come to mind. You can probably add QB in there as well.
FRO

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would add offensive line to that list. They have played solid this year but an upgrade can be made.

I would also put DT on there. Langford has looked great at times, but he can be upgraded.
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A wish list? While being realistic(obviously, I would love to have Calvin Johnson or AJ Green or Dez Bryant or Alshon Jeffery on the top of my wish list if I could), this would be mine...
1. Talented replacements on the interior OL
2. A veteran WR with reliable hands to lead this young corp(Boldin?) or a big, strong WR with great hands(Evans?)
3. A playmaking FS
4. A better slot CB...possibly an outside CB to compete with JJ and Tru
5. Upgrade on Langford
6. A backup QB for Sam
7. Some added depth at weaker spots(CB, OL, S, LB)

I guess that's a lot but I think it's what we need.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
FRO

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
A wish list? While being realistic(obviously, I would love to have Calvin Johnson or AJ Green or Dez Bryant or Alshon Jeffery on the top of my wish list if I could), this would be mine...
2. A veteran WR with reliable hands to lead this young corp(Boldin?) or a big, strong WR with great hands(Evans?)
3. A playmaking FS
5. Upgrade on Langford
6. A backup QB for Sam

What do you think of Roddy White if available?
Tano

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to give Janoris a slight pass on this season.

Everytime I watch the Rams on NFL Rewind - I take a second look at completions to see what the cause was.

The majority of completions that Janoris gave up (except for last week against Fitzgerald) have come when he plays 8 to 10 yards off the receiver.

I really hate that scheme. When he plays tight against the receiver, the completion rate against him drops dramatically. I would say at most 50%. I could be wrong on that since a lot of times the qb won't throw his way when he plays in tight coverage.

We really need a very good FS so the defensive coordinator won't be so scared to play Jenkins 1 on 1 on a receiver in tight coverage.
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FRO wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
3. A playmaking FS
5. Upgrade on Langford
6. A backup QB for Sam

Depends on what he'll cost. I'd be interested if he's reasonable with his demands for sure. He's another guy that would be a good fit here as a veteran leader. But being 32 and all, I wouldn't want to pay him more than 6 or so million a year over maybe 2-3 years. Basically, the same thing I'd offer Boldin.(10-12 million over 2 years)

The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
FRO wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
3. A playmaking FS
5. Upgrade on Langford
6. A backup QB for Sam

Depends on what he'll cost. I'd be interested if he's reasonable with his demands for sure. He's another guy that would be a good fit here as a veteran leader. But being 32 and all, I wouldn't want to pay him more than 6 or so million a year over maybe 2-3 years. Basically, the same thing I'd offer Boldin.(10-12 million over 2 years)

I'd entertain Roddy at a similar rate as what you describe. We really need to get our hands on Justin Blackmon, IMO. He's got immense upside and won't cost much. Obviously there is risk there, but I'd be willing to take that chance. Players of his caliber do not become available often, at least not this inexpensively.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
FRO wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
3. A playmaking FS
5. Upgrade on Langford
6. A backup QB for Sam

I'd entertain Roddy at a similar rate as what you describe. We really need to get our hands on Justin Blackmon, IMO. He's got immense upside and won't cost much. Obviously there is risk there, but I'd be willing to take that chance. Players of his caliber do not become available often, at least not this inexpensively.

He might not be available.

Faulk28SJaX39

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. S
2. OG
3. #1 WR
4. CB

PROPS TO DEADPULSE ON THE SIG!
Adopt-A-Ram '13:
Jake Long: 1 GS/0 Sacks Allowed
Kendall Langford: 2tackles, 1 for loss.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
l3lind golfer

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jadeveon Clowney

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
Jadeveon Clowney
You all need to stop being ridiculous, we aret replacing anyone in arguably the games best DE duo, even for a prospect like Clowney. Its just not going to happen, nor should it.
l3lind golfer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it should. Chris Long's cap number is going to be way too high. I'd rather have Clowney on a much cheaper salary than what we'll be paying Long. Clowney is a game-changer, Long is not.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
Yes it should. Chris Long's cap number is going to be way too high. I'd rather have Clowney on a much cheaper salary than what we'll be paying Long. Clowney is a game-changer, Long is not.
Chris Long is not a game changer? Thats a good one, try selling that somewhere else because Im not buying that BS

The guy who they just went to to help them out while Cap Strapped, is not going anywhere. The leader of the Defense, and at this point the Team isnt being moved anywhere.
l3lind golfer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're more than likely right, Long is not going to go anywhere. This is a wish list thread and I would like if we drafted Clowney. Too bad Long can't play DT...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
2. A veteran WR with reliable hands to lead this young corp(Boldin?)
Why cant this be Austin Pettis?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: