Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 15 Must Win - Bears (7-6) @ Browns (4-9)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShaggyBear

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nads786 wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
ConVict90 wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
Athelite wrote:
Cutler is starting, its official. Don't know how to link twitter links.

https://twitter.com/ESPNChiBears/status/411208434705784832 Wink

Hopefully Trestman doesn't hesitate to put in Josh if Jay struggles

Outside of injury I think there is next to no chance Josh plays unless maybe if the game ends up a blowout. If Jay throws 2 1st quarter picks the board will be going crazy but he's still gonna be out there. Him playing is a pretty strong indication that either he's already Trestman's guy or he's getting a final audition to be Trestman's guy, and in either scenario he needs to be on the field.

You're right on that one. If Jay struggles period and the Bears manage to lose this one then you can surely bet that the City of Chicago will be in uproar come Monday morning.

To say there is a lot of pressure on Jay to go out and perform well would be an understatement. Here's to hoping he silences his critics and makes Trestman look like he made the right choice.

Couldn't agree more... and I can't wait for the Cutler apologists coming out and saying "well that pick was really on the WR" or "that was just a great defensive play"

Everyone is sick of the excuses, he better play lights out or its going to be a feeding frenzy.

Not every pick is because the QB screwed up, so those itching to bash Cutler for anything they can need to remain just as objective as they expect the apologists to be.

I agree but the simple fact he always seems to have such bad luck in INTs is just not acceptable. Josh should probably have 4-5 Ints in total but thats still lower than the number of ints Cutler has thrown.

I hope he shreds the browns and helps us win out, I want him to succeed but reality for me is setting in and he seems to be in that Joe Flacco range of QB not the elite level.

When Knox and Hester are your starters and Martz having you take 7 step drops with no o-line is bad luck to me.

Nads786

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShaggyBear wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
ConVict90 wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
Athelite wrote:

Outside of injury I think there is next to no chance Josh plays unless maybe if the game ends up a blowout. If Jay throws 2 1st quarter picks the board will be going crazy but he's still gonna be out there. Him playing is a pretty strong indication that either he's already Trestman's guy or he's getting a final audition to be Trestman's guy, and in either scenario he needs to be on the field.

You're right on that one. If Jay struggles period and the Bears manage to lose this one then you can surely bet that the City of Chicago will be in uproar come Monday morning.

To say there is a lot of pressure on Jay to go out and perform well would be an understatement. Here's to hoping he silences his critics and makes Trestman look like he made the right choice.

Couldn't agree more... and I can't wait for the Cutler apologists coming out and saying "well that pick was really on the WR" or "that was just a great defensive play"

Everyone is sick of the excuses, he better play lights out or its going to be a feeding frenzy.

Not every pick is because the QB screwed up, so those itching to bash Cutler for anything they can need to remain just as objective as they expect the apologists to be.

I agree but the simple fact he always seems to have such bad luck in INTs is just not acceptable. Josh should probably have 4-5 Ints in total but thats still lower than the number of ints Cutler has thrown.

I hope he shreds the browns and helps us win out, I want him to succeed but reality for me is setting in and he seems to be in that Joe Flacco range of QB not the elite level.

When Knox and Hester are your starters and Martz having you take 7 step drops with no o-line is bad luck to me.

I'm referring to this season 13 TDs 8 INTs is not that great IMO. The only thing that makes me hesitant or pause my assessment is that this offense seems to have grown since he got injured in terms of play calling, offensive line and AJ starting to beast.

Clevalnd will really tell us a lot.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
ConVict90 wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
Athelite wrote:

I know the myth that if you pull out your QB it's can mess with his head
Rolling Eyes But think of it as almost a starting pitcher and relief pitcher. We can look at it as if we have a 2 headed dragon..

TCKL-
SCK-
FF-
INT-
ShaggyBear

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nads786 wrote:
ShaggyBear wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
ConVict90 wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
Athelite wrote:

I'm referring to this season 13 TDs 8 INTs is not that great IMO. The only thing that makes me hesitant or pause my assessment is that this offense seems to have grown since he got injured in terms of play calling, offensive line and AJ starting to beast.

Clevalnd will really tell us a lot.

It will as long as we temper expectations... Don't expect Jay to light up the score boards. This is a team that is 7th in the league against the pass... Not a bottom of the barrel defense we have seen the last few weeks

WindyCity

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are 3 games away from having and answer.

There is no grey area here, Cutler will either look like McCown looked or better.

Or he will turn the ball over, look average and he will be gone next season in a tag or trade or just let go.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be in Chicago at 10 AM on Sunday....just in time to see the game.

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:

There is no grey area here, Cutler will either look like McCown looked or better.

Or he will turn the ball over, look average and he will be gone next season in a tag or trade or just let go.

There is an excellent chance the front office won't look at this like fans will (treating the next 3 games like they're all the Super Bowl) and hold it against Jay ten fold if he isn't flawless. Frankly it's more than a little ridiculous IMO that people are expecting that level of play. Nobody can live up to those expectations every week and any rational person will know that too. For a bunch of those in the media with an agenda (either pushing a column or those who may just not like Jay and want to see him fail for whatever reason) there has been a lot of revisionist history this week since for those of us who have watched the games the last few weeks instead of just reading the box scores know that in spite of Josh's excellent stat line he hasn't been flawless while in there either.

But I expect that - the media's job is to get people talking about what they write so taking a controversial angle is just part of the job. What I didn't expect (though I probably should have) is the outpouring of Bears fans (not necessarily here) who openly WANT Jay to fail. I just don't get that. If it's more important to you to be right about Jay not being a superstar than for you to be wrong about him when being wrong about him means we have a franchise QB leading our team toward the promised land then unless you're friends or family with Josh McCown there is something seriously wrong with your fandom.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
ShaggyBear

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

There is an excellent chance the front office won't look at this like fans will (treating the next 3 games like they're all the Super Bowl) and hold it against Jay ten fold if he isn't flawless. Frankly it's more than a little ridiculous IMO that people are expecting that level of play. Nobody can live up to those expectations every week and any rational person will know that too. For a bunch of those in the media with an agenda (either pushing a column or those who may just not like Jay and want to see him fail for whatever reason) there has been a lot of revisionist history this week since for those of us who have watched the games the last few weeks instead of just reading the box scores know that in spite of Josh's excellent stat line he hasn't been flawless while in there either.

But I expect that - the media's job is to get people talking about what they write so taking a controversial angle is just part of the job. What I didn't expect (though I probably should have) is the outpouring of Bears fans (not necessarily here) who openly WANT Jay to fail. I just don't get that. If it's more important to you to be right about Jay not being a superstar than for you to be wrong about him when being wrong about him means we have a franchise QB leading our team toward the promised land then unless you're friends or family with Josh McCown there is something seriously wrong with your fandom.

I heard a caller on the radio say he would be upset if the Bears paid him a dollar over 7 million. Iirc he won 5 lbs of sausage for being the meathead caller of the day

WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

I do not see Jay do his best Peyton Manning impersonation, but he needs to show improvement within the system.

I do not even care about wins or loses I need to see him run the offense smoothly and not make the same old mistakes.

That being said I still think the front office has made up their mind to keep hi and now they are posturing with this media speculation.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

I do not see Jay do his best Peyton Manning impersonation, but he needs to show improvement within the system.

I do not even care about wins or loses I need to see him run the offense smoothly and not make the same old mistakes.

That being said I still think the front office has made up their mind to keep hi and now they are posturing with this media speculation.

They don't have to any posturing at all through the media. The whole idea of a QB controversy to them has been like giving a fat kid two forks and a cake that will last for months.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
CBears019

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

7:30 am final on Monday....may have to miss this one, or at least just check in periodically while studying.

But we really have to keep our expectations in check for Cutler - he's been on the sideline for essentially 2 months nursing two different injuries. I'm going to expect some rust, especially considering they're up against a very good defense.

That being said, I still think we win this one. I thought we would lose last week but our offense really showed how tremendous our weapons are.

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 36 Yds: 364 TD: 4

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
Athelite

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Jay can bust off a huge run with one of these

^Takeonme^
ConVict90

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Athelite wrote:
Maybe Jay can bust off a huge run with one of these

Sean Lee: "Focker out"

TCKL-
SCK-
FF-
INT-
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Jay has a ridiculous day, like 5 TD passes, and we can shut the media me the haters up.

I would like to see him take off with this offense that is humming now.

I do not want QB drama to spill into and offseason that should be about the defense.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
NFL has assigned referee Jeff Triplette and his crew to work #Bears #Browns game today

Over/Under on 5 terrible calls in the game Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 3 of 28

Jump to: