Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Russell Wilson Selected by Texas Rangers in MLB Rule 5 Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Officer Ricky


Joined: 09 Jul 2013
Posts: 1078
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zW0ASHGSgig

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sskzPpvr3e4
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sacks98


Joined: 21 Dec 2009
Posts: 3973
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see him being a two sport athlete way to much work with him being a QB.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mesa_Titan


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 55761
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ew. This is dragging unspeakable's into the baseball forum.

Go away, Russell. Laughing
_________________

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
hawkman98272


Joined: 02 Jan 2009
Posts: 18839
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could start Day One.

In fact, best player in the division. That's right. Russell Wilson can not be stopped, he is the best ever.

True fact. Russell Wilson saved a family of 10 in a burning building. The next day he beat the Patriots. Day after that, was born in a manger to Virgin Mary.
_________________

IDOG_det

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mission27


Joined: 17 Jan 2008
Posts: 19257
Location: Miami
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mesa_Titan wrote:
Ew. This is dragging unspeakable's into the baseball forum.

Go away, Russell. Laughing


Russell Wilson couldn't hit a curveball if it was wide open fifteen yards downfield.
_________________

he who shall not be named wrote:
Fake Marv 3 is not like the others though. Fake Marv 3 is like a real person I'm attracted to.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Illmatic74


Joined: 28 Sep 2008
Posts: 2496
Location: New York
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he signed with the Orioles right out of high school he might have had a chance to become a MLB player. But, it seems when Football/Baseball prospects try to do both the baseball is the thing that suffers especially if they a positional player prospect. Because when they are playing college football their competition in baseball is getting a lot of work in the cage, instructionals, fall ball etc. Ricky Williams, Cedric Benson, Drew Henson, Russell Wilson all struggled at the plate in the pro level. Jamesis Winston hit .235 last season with Florida State. And the most successful two sport guy Bo Jackson took a while for him to become a capable major league hitter. The only guys I could remember it recent times who played at a high level in college football and college baseball and went on to have a successful MLB career is Josh Fields and Jeff Samardzija.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dr. Philly


Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 43362
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought Winston was a pitcher though?
_________________


simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies


#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BenchSanchez


Joined: 27 Jan 2012
Posts: 1345
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Philly wrote:
Thought Winston was a pitcher though?


Second base. Easy way to remember is to think of how far you've gone with a girl.




I'm sorry I had to.
_________________

New York Jets Rutgers Scarlet Knights Brooklyn Nets New York Mets
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mission27


Joined: 17 Jan 2008
Posts: 19257
Location: Miami
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BenchSanchez wrote:
Dr. Philly wrote:
Thought Winston was a pitcher though?


Second base. Easy way to remember is to think of how far you've gone with a girl.




I'm sorry I had to.
That's alright, baseball forum can get confusing sometimes.

That's Dr. Philly.

thelawoffices is over in the Taylor Swift/FFMLB thread. Use that joke on him.
_________________

he who shall not be named wrote:
Fake Marv 3 is not like the others though. Fake Marv 3 is like a real person I'm attracted to.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
the lone star


Moderator
Joined: 18 Apr 2005
Posts: 28119
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing will convince me that this was a good move.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:
Nothing will convince me that this was a good move.

It basically cost you the price of the plane ticket.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ramssuperbowl99


Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Posts: 23358
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:
Nothing will convince me that this was a good move.
Worth it in publicity alone.
_________________

Title Town USA wrote:
Don't question Rams. He runs this place. He is The Man.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Warpticon


Joined: 21 May 2010
Posts: 1587
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do people keep talking like he was drafted to play? He was already in Colorado's minor league roster. He didn't just get drafted out of college. He got picked up by the Rangers because he was left unprotected. In order for them to keep him, he would have to stay on their major league roster all season long. We're talking about a 25 year old who hit .230 in A ball two years ago and hasn't played since. This is just a publicity thing. If he was a full-time baseball player, he might be able to develop, but he's already four years behind the curve for the last level he played at.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warpticon wrote:
Why do people keep talking like he was drafted to play? He was already in Colorado's minor league roster. He didn't just get drafted out of college. He got picked up by the Rangers because he was left unprotected. In order for them to keep him, he would have to stay on their major league roster all season long. We're talking about a 25 year old who hit .230 in A ball two years ago and hasn't played since. This is just a publicity thing. If he was a full-time baseball player, he might be able to develop, but he's already four years behind the curve for the last level he played at.

AAA roster. He was selected in the AAA phase of the draft, not the major league portion.

I don't think anyone expects him to actually play for the Rangers. At least not that I've seen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Warpticon


Joined: 21 May 2010
Posts: 1587
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Warpticon wrote:
Why do people keep talking like he was drafted to play? He was already in Colorado's minor league roster. He didn't just get drafted out of college. He got picked up by the Rangers because he was left unprotected. In order for them to keep him, he would have to stay on their major league roster all season long. We're talking about a 25 year old who hit .230 in A ball two years ago and hasn't played since. This is just a publicity thing. If he was a full-time baseball player, he might be able to develop, but he's already four years behind the curve for the last level he played at.

AAA roster. He was selected in the AAA phase of the draft, not the major league portion.

I don't think anyone expects him to actually play for the Rangers. At least not that I've seen.


Ah, well, point stands. And you'd be surprised how many people just read "Russell Wilson" and "draft" and assume he has a realistic chance of ever playing major league baseball.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group