Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Draft Thread We're OTC!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 44, 45, 46  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amazingandre

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
I haven't been sold on teddy and couldn't figure it out until now. He has no zip on his ball. He has the arm to throw deep, but his zip, or ability to throw a dart seems to be non existent, even his wr screens are bad. the ball TAKES FOREVER to get there. In the NFL he will need to be able to sling that thing into tight windows, Im not sold he can.......

Not sure which Bridgewater you've been watching.

show me a few clips of Teddy rifling it in there. i cant find it.....but I can show you game after game where he throws a wr screen and it just floats out there.....same thing with his come back routes....the ball flutters getting there, doesnt zip to the wide out.
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
I haven't been sold on teddy and couldn't figure it out until now. He has no zip on his ball. He has the arm to throw deep, but his zip, or ability to throw a dart seems to be non existent, even his wr screens are bad. the ball TAKES FOREVER to get there. In the NFL he will need to be able to sling that thing into tight windows, Im not sold he can.......

show me a few clips of Teddy rifling it in there. i cant find it.....but I can show you game after game where he throws a wr screen and it just floats out there.....same thing with his come back routes....the ball flutters getting there, doesnt zip to the wide out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQKN-F6fk6I

^vs Houston this season. He didnt have to "beat" us in the game since we couldnt stop their runningbacks, but he showed nice zip on balls. Most of his throws was on the money and he got the ball out fairly quick.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

^vs Houston this season. He didnt have to "beat" us in the game since we couldnt stop their runningbacks, but he showed nice zip on balls. Most of his throws was on the money and he got the ball out fairly quick.

I get where Ax2 is coming from, but it's because Teddy lets his feet get lazy. So, with a good offensive coordinator/QB coach, he'll be able to sure that up, because when he does set and throw, he puts the appropriate "zip" on the ball.

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
62 tot, 2 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ax2 you posting in the NFL Draft thread under an alias?

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=537783

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
amazingandre

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

This is exactly what Im talking abut, I feel like im watching a high school kid throw it. Nice spiral, fairly accurate but no drive behind the ball...those screens are terrible and took forever for the ball to get there....no umph behind his passes.....I dont like Manziel, but even HIS passes have more zip on them

and no thats not me in the draft forum under an alias LMAO.....smart guy though he is Wink
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Bridgewater stay in school, I might cry.

So there's this kid at Fresno that's supposedly skyrocketing up boards, and will blow up the combine/pro day.

There's no way we take Carr #1 (again)?

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
If Bridgewater stay in school, I might cry.

So there's this kid at Fresno that's supposedly skyrocketing up boards, and will blow up the combine/pro day.

There's no way we take Carr #1 (again)?

The more I think about it...the more at peace I become with it. Now, folks in Houston might flip out, but think about it; The only thing David and Derek have in common are family bloodlines and the arm. In terms of awareness, pocket presence, the ability to read a defense, using touch when he needs to...Derek is better than his brother. Not by some massive amount, but enough to matter. Plus - it isn't as if Derek is going to have a mismash of an OL thrown in front of him. There might be some changes, some names will be gone...but at the absolute least, Derek will have a competent LT at his side in Duane Brown. Did David ever have that at his disposal? Heck, there are a lot of things that David didn't have that Derek will have. Who knows how it would play out?

As for those who cry because of the last name...well, tell me if Eli and Peyton Manning had similar careers. Or, Carson and Jordan Palmer. How about Aaron and Jordan Rodgers? Michael and Marcus Vick?

The Texans are at a massive advantage in the process with Derek, because we already know him - he was in tow with the rest of the Carr family when David started here. Heck, Marc Vandemeer even commented on how he'd play catch on the sidelines with Derek when David was still here. Bob McNair knows the Carr family on a very personal level, so the team can attest to whether or not he's got the personality or ethic to make it at this level. Can't say many teams know a prospect when they were 12-13 years old, now can you?

Just because they're brothers doesn't mean they're destined to fall down the same path. There's a bunch of variables in place that will dictate it, and I'm not completely SOLD on the idea...but if Derek proves to be the best QB available and is considered one of the top 3-5 players in this draft...why not?

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
Grasspike

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

This is exactly what Im talking abut, I feel like im watching a high school kid throw it. Nice spiral, fairly accurate but no drive behind the ball...those screens are terrible and took forever for the ball to get there....no umph behind his passes.....I dont like Manziel, but even HIS passes have more zip on them

and no thats not me in the draft forum under an alias LMAO.....smart guy though he is Wink

Teddy Bridgewater's arm strength is largely irrelevant. It's good enough. He came into the season with tons of pressure, did not buckle, continued to make good decisions on and off the field, and shows a consistent ability to make good reads and do all the things NFL QB's have to do to be good. Every year people say "Remember that Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, and Aaron Rodgers don't have the strongest arms" and then fawn all over the strongest arms in the draft. And every year, the QB's like Nick Foles, Kirk Cousins, and Mike Glennon, that might not have the best physical tools but have the best minds, work ethics, and experience running NFL-like systems succeed over the prospects with top of the line tools.

Sig by matthouston91
kenney

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Bridgewater returns to school, I will be rooting for Houston to take Jake Matthews or Trent Murphy number one overall.
amazingandre

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grasspike wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

Teddy Bridgewater's arm strength is largely irrelevant. It's good enough. He came into the season with tons of pressure, did not buckle, continued to make good decisions on and off the field, and shows a consistent ability to make good reads and do all the things NFL QB's have to do to be good. Every year people say "Remember that Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, and Aaron Rodgers don't have the strongest arms" and then fawn all over the strongest arms in the draft. And every year, the QB's like Nick Foles, Kirk Cousins, and Mike Glennon, that might not have the best physical tools but have the best minds, work ethics, and experience running NFL-like systems succeed over the prospects with top of the line tools.

Manning, Rodgers, Brees all had rave reviews about accuracy, ability to read defenses and having zip on their ball, the only one with relevance was Brady and he WAS drafted late ya know.....Im not saying ZOMG WE NEED A GUY LIKE JAMARCUS RUSSEL, But I am saying to spend a 1.1 on Bridgewater, we better be damn sure he is the guy. Especially considering next season we could get a top guy later in round 1 since so many will be coming out.....Our defense has lots of holes and our oline needs work.....why not compete next year by filling those positions and use Case OR a mid round guy OR a free agent, but to pick Teddy because he is the best THIS YEAR doesn't seem very smart to me.....unless he comes out and shows life with his arm through the draft process.....but in games Ive seen and even games on youtube Ive watched, his balls flutter way to much and IMO the nfl will eat those alive
kenney

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Grasspike wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

Manning, Rodgers, Brees all had rave reviews about accuracy, ability to read defenses and having zip on their ball, the only one with relevance was Brady and he WAS drafted late ya know.....Im not saying ZOMG WE NEED A GUY LIKE JAMARCUS RUSSEL, But I am saying to spend a 1.1 on Bridgewater, we better be damn sure he is the guy. Especially considering next season we could get a top guy later in round 1 since so many will be coming out.....Our defense has lots of holes and our oline needs work.....why not compete next year by filling those positions and use Case OR a mid round guy OR a free agent, but to pick Teddy because he is the best THIS YEAR doesn't seem very smart to me.....unless he comes out and shows life with his arm through the draft process.....but in games Ive seen and even games on youtube Ive watched, his balls flutter way to much and IMO the nfl will eat those alive

There are no QBs in next year's draft who, at this juncture, are half the prospect Bridgewater is.

Also, Case isn't a viable starting QB in the NFL. I don't want another rebuilding year. I want our QB now. There's absolutely no reason the Colts should be winning this division. We are clearly sporting the best roster, top-to-bottom, in the division, and we are a QB and competent head coach away from being precisely where we ought: competing for championships.

I don't want Case Keenum starting next year. Neither do I want Cutler or McCown or a trade for Roethlisberger. I want a premiere QB as our signal-caller taking the field for us in week 1 of 2014. Bridgewater is that QB. There are no better options: not in other QBs this year in the draft or in FA and certainly not in next year's draft, either.
l3lind golfer

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
There are no QBs in next year's draft who, at this juncture, are half the prospect Bridgewater is.
Jameis Winston is EASILY a better prospect than Bridgewater, not sure what you're talking about...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
kenney wrote:
Jameis Winston is EASILY a better prospect than Bridgewater, not sure what you're talking about...

I'm pretty sure he was talking about "next year" as in 2014. Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
kenney wrote:

No he's not. Not in any conceivable or measurable manner is Winston better than Bridgewater. Winston succeeded largely because he's playing with 23 other future NFLers on the most talented roster since the 01 Hurricanes.

Bridgewater is a "5-tool" prospect who's worked miracles with hot garbage.
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:
kenney wrote:

No he's not. Not in any conceivable or measurable manner is Winston better than Bridgewater. Winston succeeded largely because he's playing with 23 other future NFLers on the most talented roster since the 01 Hurricanes.

Bridgewater is a "5-tool" prospect who's worked miracles with hot garbage.

I slightly agree, while Winston's mechanics are pretty solid, especially for a RS frosh, and he shows poise beyond his years, a majority of his throws are fairly easy, relativtly speaking.

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 44, 45, 46  Next
Page 16 of 46

Jump to: