Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official NHL 2013-2014 Thread : Pray For Peverley
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UofMfan909 wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:
Answer me this. If Abdelkader goes in the corner to play the puck and is facing Engelland, but turns his back at the very last second as Engelland would hit him, would you suspend Engelland for a bad hit when Abdelkader clearly turned away?

This is a completely different hypothetical situation... I'm not even going to address it. It's irrelevant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2F199W1dQs

Clarkson getting suspended despite Sobotka "leaning forward" into the hit since he didn't make any "sudden movements" that made the hit inevitable. This hit didn't result in an injury (Abby's did). Both are repeat offenders. Both were hits from shoulders with the head as the principle point of contact.

What is the difference?

Same thing happened to Hertl earlier this season as well. It'll get suspension time, but I don't think it should. The league goes too hard on "player safety" but they don't teach how to protect yourself. They just think random punishment for the hitter justifies it.

Like I said, I would be like "wow!" at first over a hit like that on someone like Crosby, but clearly shown by replay that if someone like Crosby put himself in that situation, he deserves blame on himself for it.
UofMfan909

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Further - I'm not even insistent that the hit deserves a suspension. It's a 2 gamer max. I originally posted that it was a "POTENTIALLY" suspendable hit, to which you took this defensive reaction. I won't be surprised at all, or even upset, if Shanny doesn't give him any games. But it's clearly illegal and a hit that will merit discussion from the higher ups.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UofMfan909 wrote:
Further - I'm not even insistent that the hit deserves a suspension. It's a 2 gamer max. I originally posted that it was a "POTENTIALLY" suspendable hit, to which you took this defensive reaction. I won't be surprised at all, or even upset, if Shanny doesn't give him any games. But it's clearly illegal and a hit that will merit discussion from the higher ups.

I think it has to because he got a major penalty / game misconduct. I just don't understand why they even deserve discussion. Players that put themselves in vulnerable positions need to learn how to not do so. By no means would I call for suspensions, obviously. However, something needs done. If Abdelkader doesn't put his head out there like that, he gets crushed by a huge clean hit.
UofMfan909

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol Crosby just highsticked his own teammate (Bortozzo) and they called a penalty on Detroit. Laughing

game was already over once Detroit went down two, but that was funny.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UofMfan909 wrote:
lol Crosby just highsticked his own teammate (Bortozzo) and they called a penalty on Detroit. Laughing

It was clearly Crosby Laughing Instant Replay can't be used for penalty calls, but this is a time where I wish it were. Clearly it was a call the official couldn't tell without seeing a replay on.
UofMfan909

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:
UofMfan909 wrote:

It was clearly Crosby Laughing Instant Replay can't be used for penalty calls, but this is a time where I wish it were. Clearly it was a call the official couldn't tell without seeing a replay on.

yeah, hard to argue against replay when stuff like that happens. Still hilarious, though. Malkin down for the second time tonight and I don't think he'll be coming back tonight. Rough collision with the boards but doesn't look too serious.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great start by Marty tonight in net for the Devils. Its a shame that they can't put anything in front of him and Schneider offensively (and they're going to lose their more-than-likely very high first round pick this year *sigh*). Its amazing what he can still do at 41 years old or whatever. No, he's not one of the better goalies in the league, and nowhere near who he used to be, but seriously, how many guys can play at this sort of level at that age? Very impressive.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
I_GET_SAX

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just turned on radio for start of bruins-Canucks

Sig by Smack
AAP Chandler Jones
2.5 Sax, 17 tackles, 1 TD
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just watched this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNr-uYLVeNY
and woooow I never even knew half of the Marlarchuk story. Crazy.

I hate the Jaguars
playmaker8267

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jarome Iginla messed up his hand pretty good tonight and will probably be out awhile. Based on tonight vs. Vancouver, the Proviboston Bruins might be headed for a rough stretch..

edit: Iginla is back in, and Marchand is in complete troll mode tonight.

Bruins // Patriots // Red Sox // Chelsea
#JDI
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

playmaker8267 wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:
The Shanaban inconsistencies continue.. Clarkson gets only 2 games as a "repeat" offender for a very similar elbow that got John Scott got 7 games with no priors. Shawn Thornton's fate will be decided at 4 today. Anything less than 10 games total will be just wrong IMO
Thornton got 15 as a first time offender. It should've been 10. Shanahan's terrible and I'm not surprised he messed this one up too. See you in January, Shawn.

Yea 15 is too much IMO 10 maybe 12 is what I expected. If your a skilled player in Toronto or New York (Kessel,Clarkson,Nash) you can do as you please and get slaps on the wrist.

I don't like 1 person having this much power, I'd rather a committee or some sort of model that is structured based on infraction and previous offenses.

Also someone has to tune up Brad Marchand. I'm not even a Canucks fan and grinded my teeth at the classless punk tonite. At least Steve Ott and Patty Kaleta back there shenanigans up
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

playmaker8267 wrote:
Jarome Iginla messed up his hand pretty good tonight and will probably be out awhile. Based on tonight vs. Vancouver, the Proviboston Bruins might be headed for a rough stretch..

edit: Iginla is back in, and Marchand is in complete troll mode tonight.

That finger looked nasty at first.. Iginla is a soldier plain and simple
playmaker8267

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Milan Lucic was involved in an altercation outside a Vancouver bar Saturday night. The guy punched Lucic a few times but Lucic didn't fight back apparently.

Quote:
Joe Haggerty ‏@HackswithHaggs 3m
Milan Lucic: "Other than being at Rogers Arena, you'll never see me in downtown Vancouver again. I'm done trying to defend city I'm from"

I'm glad Lucic is okay. You never know if a crazy, drunk fan of a rival team (could be any team, really) has a knife and bad intentions with him. Hopefully players start to think twice before going out after a game in a city where you're probably not liked too much.

Bruins // Patriots // Red Sox // Chelsea
#JDI
BLick12

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figured I'd point out to UofMfan that the Flyers lost another shootout last night.

Another Ginger QB in the AFC North.

Looking forward to the "No Soul Bowl" twice a year
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

playmaker8267 wrote:
Milan Lucic was involved in an altercation outside a Vancouver bar Saturday night. The guy punched Lucic a few times but Lucic didn't fight back apparently.

Quote:
Joe Haggerty ‏@HackswithHaggs 3m
Milan Lucic: "Other than being at Rogers Arena, you'll never see me in downtown Vancouver again. I'm done trying to defend city I'm from"

I'm glad Lucic is okay. You never know if a crazy, drunk fan of a rival team (could be any team, really) has a knife and bad intentions with him. Hopefully players start to think twice before going out after a game in a city where you're probably not liked too much.

Wow, some people are idiots. Lucic did a smart thing not fighting back avoiding lawsuits and attention.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 48 of 100

Jump to: