Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Non-QB Prospect Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
mtdowner


Joined: 30 Jan 2013
Posts: 1134
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watch Jackson Jeffcoat against Texas Tech. Plays LB the whole game and looks really good doing it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
DJ_Fka


Joined: 13 Jan 2009
Posts: 5167
Location: Brisvegas, Land Down Under
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtdowner wrote:
IAmPacman wrote:
mtdowner wrote:
Any opinions of USF DE Aaron Lynch? He's 6'6" 245 lbs. He sat out his sophomore year after transferring from Notre Dame. Sounds like he's expected to leave early for the draft. Has the talent to be a 1st rd pick but I wouldn't be shocked if he fell to the 2nd in which case I think the Cards would be all over him.

I think he's better suited to put on a little weight and play DE in a 43 but I think he could still be a stud as a LB in our D as well.

Do 6'6" LBs in the NFL exist? Eh?

Haven't seen much of him but I wouldn't mind another Calais Campbell on defense Wink

Does he have any speed or does he just bull rush?


Well Dion Jordan was talked about being a LB at 6' 7". I'm fairly certain the Cards would have selected him if he had made it to their pick.

Lynch is very long and can use his length to bat passes down at the LOS just like Calais. He definitely uses his strength to help him get to the QB. But the majority of his pressure comes from using his speed and agility off the edge.


He was a FSU commit, then changed to ND last minute, played well as a frosh in their 3-4 scheme and then got homesick and came back to USF.

The year off hasnt helped at all and he is a ghost, potential off the charts, if he is there in the 5th or so, worth a flyer, otherwise pass.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SuperFlyTNT


Joined: 07 Feb 2011
Posts: 447
Location: Seattle
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if receivers have been talked about on this thread yet. Andre could be gone and Larry is getting older and has contract issues - plus I'm sure BA would like that burner to stretch the field.

I expect them to at least take a flyer on a receiver in one of the later rounds. A natural fit would be a slot guy with a lot of quickness and possibly good top-end speed.

I haven't done a good job watching college football this year - so I was wondering what you guys thought, and if you like any particular receiver prospects?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
apollo14000


Joined: 07 Jan 2006
Posts: 4221
Location: PA
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperFlyTNT wrote:
Not sure if receivers have been talked about on this thread yet. Andre could be gone and Larry is getting older and has contract issues - plus I'm sure BA would like that burner to stretch the field.

I expect them to at least take a flyer on a receiver in one of the later rounds. A natural fit would be a slot guy with a lot of quickness and possibly good top-end speed.

I haven't done a good job watching college football this year - so I was wondering what you guys thought, and if you like any particular receiver prospects?


I brought this up a few weeks ago. Definitely can't imagine us going with any type of WR other than a burner. Those are the only guys I've really evaluated this year. Guys like Tevin Reese, Robert Herron, and Jeff Janis would be good Day 3 pickups. Tevin Reese lost half his senior year to a wrist injury which while bad, it's not an injury that will effect his speed. He was probably the most productive deep threat in college football. Herron is from a smaller school but has a more well rounded game. Janis I haven't watched but he's got plenty of size and speed.

However, even if we do lose Roberts, I'd prefer we find a competent #2 TE first over a #3 WR. We've been going to the 2 TE sets a lot recently which I like but Dray and Ballard are better off as #3 TEs. You could fill that void with guys like Fiedorowicz, Lynch, and Joe Don Duncan in rounds 3-5.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SuperFlyTNT


Joined: 07 Feb 2011
Posts: 447
Location: Seattle
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
SuperFlyTNT wrote:
Not sure if receivers have been talked about on this thread yet. Andre could be gone and Larry is getting older and has contract issues - plus I'm sure BA would like that burner to stretch the field.

I expect them to at least take a flyer on a receiver in one of the later rounds. A natural fit would be a slot guy with a lot of quickness and possibly good top-end speed.

I haven't done a good job watching college football this year - so I was wondering what you guys thought, and if you like any particular receiver prospects?


I brought this up a few weeks ago. Definitely can't imagine us going with any type of WR other than a burner. Those are the only guys I've really evaluated this year. Guys like Tevin Reese, Robert Herron, and Jeff Janis would be good Day 3 pickups. Tevin Reese lost half his senior year to a wrist injury which while bad, it's not an injury that will effect his speed. He was probably the most productive deep threat in college football. Herron is from a smaller school but has a more well rounded game. Janis I haven't watched but he's got plenty of size and speed.

However, even if we do lose Roberts, I'd prefer we find a competent #2 TE first over a #3 WR. We've been going to the 2 TE sets a lot recently which I like but Dray and Ballard are better off as #3 TEs. You could fill that void with guys like Fiedorowicz, Lynch, and Joe Don Duncan in rounds 3-5.


Ah - I've gotta go back and look at your prospects thread - thanks Apollo. I noticed that about using 2 TE sets - wonder if we had more competent pass-blocking if we would go back to using 3 WR sets. If we had a weapon in that 2nd TE position we wouldn't need to.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
apollo14000


Joined: 07 Jan 2006
Posts: 4221
Location: PA
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperFlyTNT wrote:
apollo14000 wrote:
SuperFlyTNT wrote:
Not sure if receivers have been talked about on this thread yet. Andre could be gone and Larry is getting older and has contract issues - plus I'm sure BA would like that burner to stretch the field.

I expect them to at least take a flyer on a receiver in one of the later rounds. A natural fit would be a slot guy with a lot of quickness and possibly good top-end speed.

I haven't done a good job watching college football this year - so I was wondering what you guys thought, and if you like any particular receiver prospects?


I brought this up a few weeks ago. Definitely can't imagine us going with any type of WR other than a burner. Those are the only guys I've really evaluated this year. Guys like Tevin Reese, Robert Herron, and Jeff Janis would be good Day 3 pickups. Tevin Reese lost half his senior year to a wrist injury which while bad, it's not an injury that will effect his speed. He was probably the most productive deep threat in college football. Herron is from a smaller school but has a more well rounded game. Janis I haven't watched but he's got plenty of size and speed.

However, even if we do lose Roberts, I'd prefer we find a competent #2 TE first over a #3 WR. We've been going to the 2 TE sets a lot recently which I like but Dray and Ballard are better off as #3 TEs. You could fill that void with guys like Fiedorowicz, Lynch, and Joe Don Duncan in rounds 3-5.


Ah - I've gotta go back and look at your prospects thread - thanks Apollo. I noticed that about using 2 TE sets - wonder if we had more competent pass-blocking if we would go back to using 3 WR sets. If we had a weapon in that 2nd TE position we wouldn't need to.


A guy like Fiedorowicz would be perfect. He can run, block and catch. Floyd and Fitz can run, block and catch. Housler can run and catch. When you have guys like that you can excel in the run and passing game and become unpredictable. It's important that our #2 TE be well rounded and not just a blocker or a receiver. I'm interested in some of the free agent TE this offseason too.


Marcedes Lewis - not a scheduled FA but he's probably going to get cut.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SuperFlyTNT


Joined: 07 Feb 2011
Posts: 447
Location: Seattle
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fiedorowicz - sounds solid, I'll try finding some tape on him. Mercedes Lewis on a good vet contract would be a great pick-up.

I also hear Austin Sefarian-Jenkins may be dropping due to some character concerns - but he certainly has the measure-ables. I'm wondering if with the DUI and questionable effort he's going to end up a professional knucklehead. If he were like Michael Floyd, who seemed truly apologetic after the DUI and always gave effort on the field that'd be better - if I were Keim, I'd need to vet him fully.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DJ_Fka


Joined: 13 Jan 2009
Posts: 5167
Location: Brisvegas, Land Down Under
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
SuperFlyTNT wrote:
apollo14000 wrote:
SuperFlyTNT wrote:
Not sure if receivers have been talked about on this thread yet. Andre could be gone and Larry is getting older and has contract issues - plus I'm sure BA would like that burner to stretch the field.

I expect them to at least take a flyer on a receiver in one of the later rounds. A natural fit would be a slot guy with a lot of quickness and possibly good top-end speed.

I haven't done a good job watching college football this year - so I was wondering what you guys thought, and if you like any particular receiver prospects?


I brought this up a few weeks ago. Definitely can't imagine us going with any type of WR other than a burner. Those are the only guys I've really evaluated this year. Guys like Tevin Reese, Robert Herron, and Jeff Janis would be good Day 3 pickups. Tevin Reese lost half his senior year to a wrist injury which while bad, it's not an injury that will effect his speed. He was probably the most productive deep threat in college football. Herron is from a smaller school but has a more well rounded game. Janis I haven't watched but he's got plenty of size and speed.

However, even if we do lose Roberts, I'd prefer we find a competent #2 TE first over a #3 WR. We've been going to the 2 TE sets a lot recently which I like but Dray and Ballard are better off as #3 TEs. You could fill that void with guys like Fiedorowicz, Lynch, and Joe Don Duncan in rounds 3-5.


Ah - I've gotta go back and look at your prospects thread - thanks Apollo. I noticed that about using 2 TE sets - wonder if we had more competent pass-blocking if we would go back to using 3 WR sets. If we had a weapon in that 2nd TE position we wouldn't need to.


A guy like Fiedorowicz would be perfect. He can run, block and catch. Floyd and Fitz can run, block and catch. Housler can run and catch. When you have guys like that you can excel in the run and passing game and become unpredictable. It's important that our #2 TE be well rounded and not just a blocker or a receiver. I'm interested in some of the free agent TE this offseason too.


Marcedes Lewis - not a scheduled FA but he's probably going to get cut.


I would think Lewis gets cut, as he is an overpaid bum (currently), but Jax doesnt have much talent at all and can afford to keep him.

I would pay him $2 mil a year max.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
younggun1273


Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 7211
Location: Tempe
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben Tate will be a free agent this year. The Texans may not want to bring him back.

Also, the Steelers may let Lamar Woodley go, so he could be someone to go after at OLB
_________________

Justo on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DJ_Fka


Joined: 13 Jan 2009
Posts: 5167
Location: Brisvegas, Land Down Under
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woodley would be nice, but we dont have the cash to sign him

He will want $7 mil + per year, we cannot afford that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LuckyNumber11


Joined: 01 Aug 2011
Posts: 5355
Location: Nebraska
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't really have enough money to make a big splash. But if Keim taught me anything this year, it's that patience with him making moves is key.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
apollo14000


Joined: 07 Jan 2006
Posts: 4221
Location: PA
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

younggun1273 wrote:
Ben Tate will be a free agent this year. The Texans may not want to bring him back.

Also, the Steelers may let Lamar Woodley go, so he could be someone to go after at OLB


While Woodley would be a nice addition to our defense because he's also a great run defender, I'd prefer Brian Orakpo to him. He's about two years younger, in a same price range, and if you exclude the season ending injury he suffered in 2012, he's had at least 8.5 sacks every year of his career.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
younggun1273


Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 7211
Location: Tempe
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
younggun1273 wrote:
Ben Tate will be a free agent this year. The Texans may not want to bring him back.

Also, the Steelers may let Lamar Woodley go, so he could be someone to go after at OLB


While Woodley would be a nice addition to our defense because he's also a great run defender, I'd prefer Brian Orakpo to him. He's about two years younger, in a same price range, and if you exclude the season ending injury he suffered in 2012, he's had at least 8.5 sacks every year of his career.


I mention Woodley because Orakpo, assuming he does not get tagged, will demand huge money and Woodley would not. Woodley is coming off a down year with questions surrounding his work ethic, as well as the fact that he is aging. Orakpo is performing well and younger, so he will likely get paid more IMO.
_________________

Justo on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DJ_Fka


Joined: 13 Jan 2009
Posts: 5167
Location: Brisvegas, Land Down Under
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pass on Orakpo, risk I have written that before

Woolley at 5. Mil is ok
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SoggyBilling


Joined: 23 Nov 2013
Posts: 94
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woodley and Orakpo are dreams, can't see it happen with our cap. Not to mention Acho, Alexander and Okafor coming back next year.

We don't have any superstars at OLB but a bunch of nice players and competition, so I think we have bigger needs to address. TE #2 being one of them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 11 of 29

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group