Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Titans Draft Thread(2 DAYS)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 62, 63, 64  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SerenityNow

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
lamont wrote:
I really like Bishop Sankey from U of W at RB. I am not sure what round he is projected but I would take him and let CJ walk. Pair him with Greene and that would be a good combo. Sankey reminds me of Ray Rice.

I like Sankey too. I also caught wind of some dude from Boston College. He was beast against somebody a couple weeks back. I think he fumbles though.....

Bishop Sankey by far is my favorite running back in the draft. He's pretty much atop my draft man crush list. He's projected to go between rounds 2-3 with the only problem being that we don't have a 3rd round pick unless we end up with a 3rd round comp pick somehow. He has the quickest feet I've seen from a prospect in a long time. He's small but runs incredibly hard ala Ray Rice, but I got more of a LeSean McCoy vibe from his overall running style. I absolutely love Sankey though, and I would love to draft him if we decide to move on from CJ.

Credit to Sandwich for the signature!
2014 Adopt-A-Titan: Delanie Walker & Taylor Lewan
SerenityNow

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I found my favorite QB from this draft class tonight. Brett Smith from Wyoming is going to be my #1 guy for us if he declares. He has one of the quickest releases I've seen and a cannon for an arm. He really puts a lot of zip on the ball, and he's highly athletic. He's very good at escaping the rush when things break down. He's a small school guy that plays with an obvious chip on his shoulder, because he's from Oregon and wasn't offered a scholarship from either of his home schools. I'd bet he takes that chip with him into the NFL, and I'll tell you one thing for sure, I would not bet against this guy. He's my definite number one right now, and I would not be surprised if he snuck into the first round by the time the Draft rolls around.

ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

List of updated Underclassmen Declarations
QB - Brett Smith - Wyoming
QB - Johnny Manziel - Texas A&M
RB - Isaiah Crowell - South Alabama
RB - Storm Johnson - UCF
RB - Jerome Smith - Syracuse
RB - Kapri Bibbs - Colorado State
WR - Chris Boyd - Vanderbilt
WR - Brandon Coleman - Rutgers
WR - Austin Franklin - New Mexico State
WR - Davante Adams - Fresno State
WR - Paul Richardson - Colorado
WR - Mike Evans - Texas A&M
TE - Eric Ebron - North Carolina
TE - Colt Lyeria - Jail
TE - AC Leonard - Tennessee State
TE - Jake Murphy - Utah
TE - Richard Rodgers - California
TE - Austin Seferian-Jenkins - Washington
OC - Marcus Martin - USC
OT - Antonio Richardson - Tennessee
DE - Aaron Lynch - USF
DE - DeMarcus Lawrence - Boise State
DE - Jadeveon Clowney - South Carolina
DT - Louis Nix - Notre Dame
DT - Kelcy Quarles - South Carolina
LB - Yawin Smallwood - UConn
CB - Bradley Roby - Ohio State
CB - Victor Hampton - South Carolina
CB - Loucheiz Purifoy - Florida
CB - Kameron Jackson - California
S - Jonathan Dowling - Western Kentucky
S - Dion Bailey - USC
S - Calvin Pryor - Louisville

Last edited by ttitansfan4life on Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:26 pm; edited 9 times in total
SerenityNow

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does it always seem like the Titans need a QB a year before elite QBs come out in the draft? We drafted Locker a year before Luck/RG III came out, and now it's looking like we'll draft somebody this year a year before Winston comes out. It sucks that we always end up needing a QB in overall weak QB draft classes. I know we probably wouldn't be bad enough to draft Winston next year, but man that kid is a stud.

KingTitan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to give Locker one more year. Draft and/or sign someone to replace Fitz and develop.
SerenityNow

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
I want to give Locker one more year. Draft and/or sign someone to replace Fitz and develop.

At this point, I feel like this is the best bet for us. Give Locker one more year to hopefully stay healthy and prove he's the guy while drafting a guy like Brett Smith or Jimmy Garoppolo in one of the mid rounds to develop in case Locker falters. This way if Jake gets hurt again we at least get to see how the rook looks for a few games and worst case scenario we'd more than likely be set up with a solid draft spot in next year's draft to draft a QB if everything falls apart.

Bottom line is that we would all love for Jake to be the guy moving forward, and with this scenario, we kind of get the best of both worlds in the sense that Jake would get one more shot to show that he can be the guy. If he gets hurt or just gets plagued with inconsistency we can plug Brett or Jimmy G in and see if we strike lightning in a bottle with one of those guys. I feel like this is a solid plan for our QB situation moving forward, and quite frankly, the more I think about it I'd rather do this than pay an older vet like Cutler 10 mill a year to be a stop gap for a few years.

NhTitan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree...Locker one more year please.
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SerenityNow wrote:

At this point, I feel like this is the best bet for us. Give Locker one more year to hopefully stay healthy and prove he's the guy while drafting a guy like Brett Smith or Jimmy Garoppolo in one of the mid rounds to develop in case Locker falters. This way if Jake gets hurt again we at least get to see how the rook looks for a few games and worst case scenario we'd more than likely be set up with a solid draft spot in next year's draft to draft a QB if everything falls apart.

Bottom line is that we would all love for Jake to be the guy moving forward, and with this scenario, we kind of get the best of both worlds in the sense that Jake would get one more shot to show that he can be the guy. If he gets hurt or just gets plagued with inconsistency we can plug Brett or Jimmy G in and see if we strike lightning in a bottle with one of those guys. I feel like this is a solid plan for our QB situation moving forward, and quite frankly, the more I think about it I'd rather do this than pay an older vet like Cutler 10 mill a year to be a stop gap for a few years.

I agree with this word for word. Head into 2014 with Locker(we honestly still don't know how good he is) and a midround QB (some of my favorites are Garoppolo, Murray, Smith and Fales) to backup/compete with Locker.

Zach Brown-Injured (Out for Year)
Taylor Thompson-2 rec, 24 yards, 0 TDs

Joined Deshaun Watson bandwagon-9/27/14
MdTitansFan56

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSlim wrote:
SerenityNow wrote:

I agree with this word for word. Head into 2014 with Locker(we honestly still don't know how good he is) and a midround QB (some of my favorites are Garoppolo, Murray, Smith and Fales) to backup/compete with Locker.

I'd love to land Murray. How sweet would it be if Teddy goes back to college and there are no great QBS so Houston gets 0 nor do the Jags haha

1. Alex Morgan 2.San Antonio Spurs 3. Chicago White Sox 4. Ohio State 5. Buckeyes 6. Philadelphia Flyers
latinoaustino

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SerenityNow wrote:
So, I found my favorite QB from this draft class tonight. Brett Smith from Wyoming is going to be my #1 guy for us if he declares. He has one of the quickest releases I've seen and a cannon for an arm. He really puts a lot of zip on the ball, and he's highly athletic. He's very good at escaping the rush when things break down. He's a small school guy that plays with an obvious chip on his shoulder, because he's from Oregon and wasn't offered a scholarship from either of his home schools. I'd bet he takes that chip with him into the NFL, and I'll tell you one thing for sure, I would not bet against this guy. He's my definite number one right now, and I would not be surprised if he snuck into the first round by the time the Draft rolls around.

Derek Carr is my number 1 QB and Melvin Gordon is my number 1 RB if he declares. Gordon is a stud. Go watch some tape when you get a chance. He's elusive in the open field and doesn't shy away from contact.

Adopt A Titan

Alterraun Verner and Scott Solomon
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we need to go after a DE or DT in the first round. I really like Louis Nix and Trent Murphy. I think either one of them would do great things for our defense.
Kendall Wright - 25 catches 223 yards, 3TD
Damian Stafford - 3 tackles
Dionysus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UTMoc10 wrote:
I think we need to go after a DE or DT in the first round. I really like Louis Nix and Trent Murphy. I think either one of them would do great things for our defense.

DT gets my vote. Put another impact player plug that middle with Casey, with Morgan and Edwards on the ends.

My sleeper QB is Keith Price (Washington), Locker's college successor. I've been watching him off and on for a couple of years, and I like this kid. Should make for a good developmental QB IMO.

ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UTMoc10 wrote:

Add Hageman to that and I agree. If we're not picking high enough to take Clowney, go with Nix, Hageman, or Murphy.
SerenityNow

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

latinoaustino wrote:
SerenityNow wrote:

Derek Carr is my number 1 QB and Melvin Gordon is my number 1 RB if he declares. Gordon is a stud. Go watch some tape when you get a chance. He's elusive in the open field and doesn't shy away from contact.

I've watched some film on Gordon, and I like him a lot. I have him as my second ranked RB behind Bishop Sankey from Washington right now. I love that he's a speed back that still takes on contact and breaks tackles. He shows great vision and patience as a runner. The reason I have him ranked lower than Bishop Sankey is because I think Sankey is a more complete back. The one thing I question with Melvin is his ability to pass block. So, he's going to have to really work at that once he gets in the league if he wants to be an every down back. I see him being a really special player if he works on that though.

Justin615$

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top needs

1. QB
2. DE
3. RT
4. MLB
5. RB

2014 Adopt-A-Titan
1. Michael Griffin : 50 TKLS, 2 SACKS, 2 INTS, 2 PDEF
2. Mike Martin : 9 TKLS, 0 SACKS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 12 of 64

Jump to: