Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Wesley Woodyard
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bMiller031

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, 8 weeks. He was put on IR 3 weeks ago, and has 5 weeks remaining, should he be able to play, he will be able to return for the AFC Championship game. This would be a huge boost for us especially if we have to see Brady again...
ThePrimeTime12

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hibdib31 wrote:
Winder23 wrote:
Sounds like Moore is healing nicely and should be a go. I think he can return for the AFC Championship should they make it that far.

Is there a mandatory length of time an "IR designated to return" player must be out, even if they're healthy enough to play?

It's the same IR that Willis McGahee was on last season.

PAKKUHRZ on the sig
iLikeDefense

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If say somehow Donald Butler hit the market, I'd rather go after him than sign Woody. Will that happen, I highly doubt it but I hope so.

^ Joe_is_the_best with the sig.
Okta

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iLikeDefense wrote:
If say somehow Donald Butler hit the market, I'd rather go after him than sign Woody. Will that happen, I highly doubt it but I hope so.

What about Jarius Byrd? He might be a good boom or bust signing.
mke1010

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How fleeting life is. Not long ago, majority concluded Wesley Woodyard was the most critical re-signing this off season. There was a question as to who was more likely to be back between Woodyard and Decker- Woodyard was the consensus.

Today, he is not even a starter and all talk of a big contract by the Broncos to him seem to have evaporated. Now Decker seems more likely to be back than Woody.
Winder23

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the issue with Woodyard is he is out of position and there is no way he is getting his WLB spot back from Trevathan. Woodyard has been exposed and is being destroyed by guards and centers. The power sweeps and outside zones are eating the Broncos alive. It gives the opposing linemen a chance to get moving and expose Woodyard and even Trevathan to an extent. They are strong up the middle. They allow far fewer 10 to 15 yard runs up the middle. We miss Champ in that regard. He was always blowing up outside runs to his side.

The last Charger TD is a good example. Von Miller does a great job of blowing up his man and forcing Matthews deeper than he would like. Nobody else got off a block or even maintained any outside leverage. Bolden was late getting there, Trevathan was blocked, and Knighton didn't hustle to the sideline. The real problem was DRC vacated the area the play was designed to go, not even looking for run. He is 20 yard downfield before he even realizes it is a run. Allen sells pass, but DRC has to have more awareness than that.

The real problem on that play was fo
iLikeDefense

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
How fleeting life is. Not long ago, majority concluded Wesley Woodyard was the most critical re-signing this off season. There was a question as to who was more likely to be back between Woodyard and Decker- Woodyard was the consensus.

Today, he is not even a starter and all talk of a big contract by the Broncos to him seem to have evaporated. Now Decker seems more likely to be back than Woody.

Never once did I say it was critical re-signing woody. Im not saying I'm the minority, I just never voiced my opinion on it too much. I like to withold my opinion till the end result majority of the time. All I brought up was signing butler who is overall better than woody.s they get injured the same amount too so that's an argument not to be brought up.

^ Joe_is_the_best with the sig.
mke1010

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iLikeDefense wrote:
mke1010 wrote:

Never once did I say it was critical re-signing woody. Im not saying I'm the minority, I just never voiced my opinion on it too much. I like to withold my opinion till the end result majority of the time. All I brought up was signing butler who is overall better than woody.s they get injured the same amount too so that's an argument not to be brought up.

My comments were not referencing you. Dont know how you got that idea.
thebestever6

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not have Irving as the base mlb and wood yard as a nickel mlb?

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."
champ+jay+al=SB

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebestever6 wrote:

Well it appears that he can't beat out Paris freakin Lenon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
thebestever6 wrote:

Or, the coaches just like playing any veterans at MLB, no matter what they really have left.
mke1010

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
thebestever6 wrote:

Does anyone here really believe that Irving has been given a fair shot at winning the MLB job?
For God's sake, this guy was drafted to be the future at MLB and they wont even give him a shot.
From Carolina, Fox has a history of sticking with a veteran or two in his squads despite all rational questions.

Having Trevathan and Woodyard on the field together was the basis of not giving the job to Nate. Then of course, VON's suspension required Irving at the strong side.

Now that defenses have started to take advantage of the Woodyard/Trevathan combo, this alignment is not working as well as it did early in the season. So before going to Paris, why not give Irving a freakin shot? Really frustrating to see Paris and Bolden on the field.

Instead of seeing a team building momentum for a Super Bowl run, a sinking feeling is beginning to form at the pit of my stomach. We better hope NE stumble and we dont because this team is not beating the Patriots at Foxborough.
mke1010

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On another note, can someone pls tell me wtf is going on with Bailey. One week he is back the next he is out. This guy should have been shut down from the get go. All this speculation about whether he will play or wont and whether he will get back to respectable form is really getting irritating.

He should have been put on IR cos I really dont see any reason for not doing so. Most of the time, with a linsfranc the only guarantee is surgery. Had Bailey gone the Clady route, he would have chance to come back fully healed next year. As things stand, he wont be fully healthy this season and it is looking like with or without surgery in the off season, he wont be fully healed for next season either.
thebestever6

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
thebestever6 wrote:

Irving is always around the ball when he's in a lb If they want to rest woodyard I'd be fine with that if they wanted to get Irving a little seasoning. I really think he can be an asset this post season and may be the glue the front seven needs. He had a first round skill set coming out in 2011. This is a moot point I feel because Irving will be in the dog house for jumping offside on 4th down.

My biggest problem with this team is that they don't handle pressure in general well. I'm not just saying big games as I feel that's more of a discretion. Every game they lose can be said to be a big game after the fact. The pressure of this season and last has got to the coaches and the team the last two years. It started with the Baltimore game last year. The coaches and the team seem to be playing and coaching up tight.

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."
Winder23

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
thebestever6 wrote:

Does anyone here really believe that Irving has been given a fair shot at winning the MLB job?
For God's sake, this guy was drafted to be the future at MLB and they wont even give him a shot.
From Carolina, Fox has a history of sticking with a veteran or two in his squads despite all rational questions.

Having Trevathan and Woodyard on the field together was the basis of not giving the job to Nate. Then of course, VON's suspension required Irving at the strong side.

Now that defenses have started to take advantage of the Woodyard/Trevathan combo, this alignment is not working as well as it did early in the season. So before going to Paris, why not give Irving a freakin shot? Really frustrating to see Paris and Bolden on the field.

Instead of seeing a team building momentum for a Super Bowl run, a sinking feeling is beginning to form at the pit of my stomach. We better hope NE stumble and we dont because this team is not beating the Patriots at Foxborough.
There is something that coaching staff doesn't like about Irving. I think it has to do with pass coverage. He is in on goal line and short yardage situations, but they seem real reluctant to let Irving play in the open field.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: