Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

February 2nd, 2014- Do we win the Superbowl?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do we win the SB in the 2013 season?
No- We don't make the playoffs
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
No- We make the playoffs but lose before the SB
37%
 37%  [ 13 ]
No- We lose the SB again
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Yes- We win ring # 6
54%
 54%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 35

LeonSandcastle

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverythingSF wrote:
I think something we must be afraid of is teams starting to figure out Kaep as well as the read option. We were able to abuse teams with that as they struggled to figure out a way to counter it. History would tell us that overtime they will start to progress against it a bit. And while Kaep has proved he is more than capable of being a Pocket Passer, he has not shown the ability to beat the all out blitz...nor extreme pressure. He has also shown that he struggles to read defenses and who will be open in the redzone. But then again he has only faced 3 good defenses IMO, and he lost to all 3 (St. Louis, Seattle, Ravens)

Now we are more than capable of getting there again, but obviously it is way to early to talk about it IMO

I strongly disagree. With Kaep, there is very little to "figure out". Same with the read-option. The read option is a miniscule part of the pistol offense and in my opinion, it is more like a play action than anything. The defense is confused insofar as: Is he going to pull it and throw, or is he going to hand it off and is Gore/Hunter/James/Dixon going to smash us in the chops?"

The Pistol is genius, giving the QB the freedom of the shotgun while still allowing the running back forward momentum at a handoff. Designed runs aren't something that will be a staple for Kaep--or at least they shouldn't be. The Green Bay game was an anomale---they let him run so SF kept doing it.

The better course is to run the pistol, have a couple-three read option plays per game, but let Kaep tuck and run if there is no open bodies down field.

With the offense getting away from dipping and dunking 5 yards down the field, there is NOBODY from the line of scrimmage to 15 yards down the field, because all our receivers are going 10+ so he has room to run (like in the Super Bowl. 60+ yards on 7 carries---most were not designed run plays but him scrambling.)

I think the whole notion of our offense being based off a read option is absurd---and I like that other teams think that because they are wrong.

As far as struggling to read defenses, he does a decent job thus far of audibling based on what he reads pre-snap, but the rest will come with a full-course off season and more reps methinks.
big9erfan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure if odds makers put out a line today we would be the favorites. That said, a whole lot can go wrong along the way. I think we have the best chance, but the probability is likely well below 50%.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the bump. I wanted to ask the question again but not start a new thread.

Do we win the Super Bowl? Less than 2 months to go.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything is in place for us to win #6. The team is getting healthy and we should have tons of momentum heading into the playoffs!
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm one of those who is still holding out hope that Kaep gets it together in time to win #6... I am one of those optomists. Cool
Ataal

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The road to the Super Bowl is through Century Link. I just don't see us pulling off a win there. My opinion could change if our offense really starts getting it together.

Accurate passes that actually give our guys a chance for YAC is a must. Having Crabtree, Boldin, and Manningham, all great hands catchers, has really benefited us. There's a reason we've been seeing circus catches every game. If our receivers were more like Vernon, we would have lost a LOT more games this year. Now that we have our receivers healthy, we should see more spreading the ball around. An absolute must against a stout secondary like Seattle's. The offensive line will also have to play out of its mind in pass protection. The running game needs to get back to its former glory as well. Gore, like most years, is beat up this time of year and Hunter hasn't had the production he used to. James has been....completely ineffective. I'd rather see Dixon in there. Seems like he always gets positive yardage, even if it's just 2 yards.

That's a pretty tall order. We have seen flashes, but you need more than flashes to get a ring. I remain hopeful, but right now? I don't see it happening.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gotta be the jerk here but first of all we shouldn't be mentioning Superbowl at all. Just seems like a bad vibe/jix type of thing....AND.......to hell with CenturyLink, I hope we play there and win. Lets not want to avoid a challenge in order to take it all. I think we can do it. Thats faithful.

Thank You to GridironGreat09 for the sweet sig!
Forge

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ataal wrote:
The road to the Super Bowl is through Century Link. I just don't see us pulling off a win there. My opinion could change if our offense really starts getting it together.

Accurate passes that actually give our guys a chance for YAC is a must. Having Crabtree, Boldin, and Manningham, all great hands catchers, has really benefited us. There's a reason we've been seeing circus catches every game. If our receivers were more like Vernon, we would have lost a LOT more games this year. Now that we have our receivers healthy, we should see more spreading the ball around. An absolute must against a stout secondary like Seattle's. The offensive line will also have to play out of its mind in pass protection. The running game needs to get back to its former glory as well. Gore, like most years, is beat up this time of year and Hunter hasn't had the production he used to. James has been....completely ineffective. I'd rather see Dixon in there. Seems like he always gets positive yardage, even if it's just 2 yards.

That's a pretty tall order. We have seen flashes, but you need more than flashes to get a ring. I remain hopeful, but right now? I don't see it happening.

My thoughts pretty much exactly.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
LANiner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

let you know after we beat the hawks

49ersfan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Option #2 was the correct one...sucks.

Guess we'll have to wait another year to avenge a brutal playoff loss.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
Option #2 was the correct one...sucks.

Guess we'll have to wait another year to avenge a brutal playoff loss.

#getthemonkeyoffourbacks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: