Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Texansfan713's Offseason Mock 1.0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Texansfan713's Offseason Mock 1.0 Reply with quote

Head Coaching Hire:

Finalists are Lovie Smith, Ken Whisenhunt and Ray Horton
Hire Ray Horton

Cuts/Let go:

QB Matt Schaub
RB Ben Tate
OT Derrek Newton
CB Brice McCain
ILB Joe Mays
OT Ryan Harris
CB Elbert Mack
RB Deji Kerim
DT Terell McClain
DE/OLB Ricky Sapp

Resignings:

DE Antonio Smith
ILB Darryl Sharpton
OG Wade Smith
FB Greg Jones
DT Earl Mitchell
OLB Bryan Braman
TE Garrett Graham

Free agent signings:

OT Michael Oher
ILB Omar Gaither

Draft:

Round 1: QB Teddy Bridgewater, Louisville
Round 2: ILB Shayne Skov, Stanford
Round 3: OLB Jeremiah Attaochu, Georgia Tech
Round 4: OT Sean Hickey, Syracuse
Round 5: CB Ross Cockrell, Duke
Round 6: RB Trey Watts, Tulsa
Round 7: OG Trey Hopkins, Texas

Critique Away

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cut daniels, don't resign Smith and Sharpton.
dsorc

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back when we hired Wade, Antonio made a fuss about not wanting to play 2-technique. Not sure he would want to re-sign if you're going with a more traditional 3-4.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharpton is bad. I don't want to see him ever again in a Texans uni. Big part of the reason we were so bad this season.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldnt agree with spending a decent chunk on an ILB in FA and then following it up with a 2nd round pick. Of course this is assuming what you could get a guy like Gaither for. Seems like it should be an either/or situtation.
Conquest8089

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray Horton doesn't strike me as the type of hire Bob McNair is pursuing. Largest issue that hurt chances in Arizona was he couldn't build a Staff around him. That's a huge emphasis in the interview process, 'What would your Coaching Staff look like?'

Would Karl Dorrell, Wade Phillips & Rick Dennison stay on staff? I believe McNair's goal is to keep the staff intact, answer the QB question & contend immediately.

Scheme? Oher is a man blocking Right Tackle- Moving away from stretch zone?
kenney

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conquest8089 wrote:
Ray Horton doesn't strike me as the type of hire Bob McNair is pursuing. Largest issue that hurt chances in Arizona was he couldn't build a Staff around him. That's a huge emphasis in the interview process, 'What would your Coaching Staff look like?'

Would Karl Dorrell, Wade Phillips & Rick Dennison stay on staff? I believe McNair's goal is to keep the staff intact, answer the QB question & contend immediately.

Out of curiosity, what has led you to believe this? It would be extremely unprecedented to hire a new head coach and tell him he hasn't any say over his assistants. To top that off, I can't recall anything McNair said intimating that he was desirous of keeping the staff in tact.
amazingandre

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conquest8089 wrote:

Ray Horton was only ever a DC, how could he build a staff? He wasn't head coach

No way his intention is to keep our coaches in tact, black Monday you will see our entire staff canned.

Oher is plenty athletic enough AND Im almost 100% sure the Ravens used the ZBS in some capacity the last few seasons....
biggio7

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not high on Oher. I feel like he has kept slipping each other since he's been in the league. I like him, just not sure if he is worth the money. But it also depends on the new coach and what they want.

Adopt a Texan: Mr. Kareem Jackson
FFBB; Suule o nerte!
texans_uk

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Conquest8089 wrote:

No way his intention is to keep our coaches in tact, black Monday you will see our entire staff canned.

Oher is plenty athletic enough AND Im almost 100% sure the Ravens used the ZBS in some capacity the last few seasons....

Wouldn't a DC be in charge of the defensive assistants hiring?

amazingandre

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
Conquest8089 wrote:

Wouldn't a DC be in charge of the defensive assistants hiring?

Yea, but how can that guy say he couldnt build a staff when his defenses were always great? Im assuming hes talking whole team, which hed be wrong because Ray was never a head coach

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: