You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

3 Round Mock, made with an open mind.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject: 3 Round Mock, made with an open mind. Reply with quote

First,
My 3 round mock consist of only 1 pick in the third round until we find out for sure about the status of the Eagles and Dante Stallworth.

Second,
Sorry to say guys but I do not beleive that New Orleans will either give in to Charles Grant's contract demands nor place the franchise tag on him but rather let him walk, as they did Darren Howard.

Third,
No matter what our most dire needs are, I'm still a fan of taking the best player on the board. We need to look no further than Reggie Bush, Duece McAllister and Will Smith to prove that point. As neither of those guys were a need when they were selected but were the best of what was left. Now, there three of our most important players.

Round 1
[b]Lawrence Timmons OLB Florida St.[/b]
(Some mocks have Timmons going a little higher but in mine Timmons falls to #27 for the Saints. Of all the line backer prospects in this draft Timmons possesses everything the Saints need on defence with his speed, size and playmaking ability.)

Round 2
[b]Tim Crowder DE Texas[/b]
(As I said, I do not see Charles Grant comming back and luckly for the Saints this is a deep DE class. Crowder's ability to play both the run and the pass is a great value and in some ways resembles Grant but do to his lack of pure burner speed off the edge look for Crowder to fall to round to for New Orleans.)

Round 3
[b]Tim Mixon CB Califorina[/b]
(Although I do not think that Mixon can vie for the starting job just yet so the Saints will still need to bring in a veteran corner through free agency but Mixon would be a great value here for the Saints, remember that if it had not been for his injury Mixon could have been a first round corner. In time he could be not only a starter for New Orleans but a playmaker as well.)

So, as you can see. I beleive that it will be a Defensive minded draft for New Orleans, as it should. I do hope that Charles Grant and the Saints can work things out and prove me wrong but I dout it (I've heard this song once to many times before).

Lastly, will New Orleans pick these players. Likley not but it's fun anyway and really who care's. As long as we get the best talent that we can for the position were in! Right?

WhoDat!
What do you think?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: