Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 14 GDT: BAL Ravens (6-6) VS Minnesota Vikings (3-8-1)..
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which player on either team is most likely to take a selfie after this game?
Torrey Smith.. clearly this dude is a twitter fiend...
41%
 41%  [ 5 ]
Ray Rice.. He might actually have a decent game..
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
Adrian Peterson.. A bathroom pic, he'll be sending it to Gina Gibiatti..
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
Josh Freeman.. everyone else will be working hard at practice...
41%
 41%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 12

SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good god, our defense allowed Matt freaking Cassel to throw for 2 TD's and not turnovers?!

This defense is even more head-scratching than last years!
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
Meh... I thought the snowballs part was funny, but I thought it got worse by some of the interference from Ravens fans. After a loss, a fanbase is subject to some illogical asides to help them cope with a loss IMO. But laughing at that is just going to antagonize at best and lead to a few warnings at worst. Luckily that didn't happen, but all in all they were respectful and cool about the loss. Didn't really see the need to jump in and 'correct' them on anything or laugh. Maybe just point out the nature of Harbaugh's response respectfully and how that quote came about, and then move on.

If it were in Minnesota and I had the chance to peg Flacco in the face with a snowball (and I was a little intoxicated) I would do it. I don't blame Ravens fans one bit. Peterson was just grumpy because he had to come out of the game due to injury and the Vikings lost.....again.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
Meh... I thought the snowballs part was funny, but I thought it got worse by some of the interference from Ravens fans. After a loss, a fanbase is subject to some illogical asides to help them cope with a loss IMO. But laughing at that is just going to antagonize at best and lead to a few warnings at worst. Luckily that didn't happen, but all in all they were respectful and cool about the loss. Didn't really see the need to jump in and 'correct' them on anything or laugh. Maybe just point out the nature of Harbaugh's response respectfully and how that quote came about, and then move on.

If it were in Minnesota and I had the chance to peg Flacco in the face with a snowball (and I was a little intoxicated) I would do it. I don't blame Ravens fans one bit. Peterson was just grumpy because he had to come out of the game due to injury and the Vikings lost.....again.

That and the refs seemed to be a little biased in their horridness. You guys got the short end of the stick. Most notably on the fumble recovery in the first quarter. I felt they "tried" to make up for it somewhat, but then got right back to giving us the benefit of the play. Some of that bad officiating was that it was snowing and the visibility was poor. So I can't blame them too much on some of it.

And I obviously think had we not recovered the fumble the offense would've probably found a way to score either way... which was another point I disagreed with on your forum (that without the refs, we lose)... I won't say we would've won, but I know for a fact that these Ravens have proven one thing: That they won't try as long as they don't need to try. They are a thousand times better playing through adversity then they are with playing with a lead... and that's mostly the biggest criticism many Ravens fans have with Flacco.

The guy is like Ivan Drago, when he's the underdog, he's going to kill your Apollo, make him the favorite... and Rocky sinks him on Christmas day.

Flacco may have found a way to play like crap through the first 2 1/2 quarters, but he would've definitely found a way to orchestrate a comeback if indeed the Vikings were up by 2-3 scores going into the 4th quarter. We may not have won, but he would've gotten the game close either way... unless he's facing Peyton Manning.

But yeah, throwing snowballs is fun. Whether it was in Baltimore or Minnesota, if there's snow, I think it's getting thrown...

I think Peterson probably looks back at that comment and somewhat regrets it some after he's cooled down... or maybe not, some athletes like to use any and everything as motivation, he might use this snowball incident to motivate him to destroy the league next year. So maybe our fans will motivate him to finally past that Dickerson record. Laughing

EDIT: And I don't mean to say everyone in your fanbase felt that way about winning, just a few isolated posts. That was moreso meant as an aside than anything.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pleasantly surprised I haven't seen anyone in nfl gen or elsewhere deem flacco's end of game td to brown "ordinary" or a throw every nfl qb makes.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Good god, our defense allowed Matt freaking Cassel to throw for 2 TD's and not turnovers?!

Rolling Eyes

Coming from the guy who swore that last years d was the worst in the league. You live to complain about the here and now, don't you. Nothing wrong with criticism and pointing out weaknesses, but at least make sense about it.

Also keep in mind ~70 yards and a td came on the Patterson td.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Coming from the guy who swore that last years d was the worst in the league. You live to complain about the here and now, don't you. Nothing wrong with criticism and pointing out weaknesses, but at least make sense about it.

I didn't mean bad, I meant just puzzling. We seem to make horrible QB's look serviceable and great QB's look pedestrian (sans Manning on opening night).
sp6488

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Rolling Eyes

I didn't mean bad, I meant just puzzling. We seem to make horrible QB's look serviceable and great QB's look pedestrian (sans Manning on opening night).

I see. Maybe it can hold true with stafford and Brady coming up Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36
Page 36 of 36

Jump to: