You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

what NO needs this offseason
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UCFNoleFan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deuce McAllister has 9 touches in the NFC champioship game, after rushing for 143 yards on 21 carries in the divisional playoff game. 9 touches, and I am including the dropped short pass that appeared to be tipped. Now how does any fan justify completely abandoning the run against a team that rushes the passer as well as the Bears? It obviously wasn't working. It obviously was getting Brees KILLED, and the passing game was responsible for all 3 offensive turnovers, I would understand if Deuce and Reggie were the ones fumbling, but it was all from the passing game and special teams.

And I am not just saying he was completely wanting Reggie to be the star out there, which unless Deuce was seriously injured (but he did continue playing on the few attempts he got to be in the game), it honestly seemed like Payton was trying to phase Deuce out of the game and give Reggie all the PT.
D24pick

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaintReggie wrote:
First need to get a play maker on D. Our achilles heel was not causing turnovers, and it inevitably came back to bite us in the backside against the Bears. Rex was begging to give us a turnover and we couldn't make him pull the trigger, so to speak. Really disappointing, but not surprising we weren't able to do it.

MLB is our biggest problem. If Payton didn't see Clark as our starter, then he obviously isn't significantly better than Simoneau, maybe a draw at best. Fujita is the only worthwhile starter at LB on this team. The other 2 must be replaced with at least one of them able to create havoc in pass coverage and be part of a formidable pass rush (ala Urlacher type).

Secondly we get a DT that stops the run and can help in the pass rush. Someone that commands a doubleteam constantly. Hollis Thomas will probably not be resigned. He is simply too old and this year was a career type year and he won't be able to reproduce those same results.

We obviously need a CB. Thomas is reduced to a nickel or dime back next season. He has one year left on his contract.

McKenzie has 2 years left, and they will probably be his last 2 really productive years in the NFL. So that side of the secondary is ok for now.

You guys already know what I think of Bullocks. I am not rehashing that. But I am sure Payton will wait to see what a Bullocks/Harper tandem can do next season.

Midway thru the season I thought it was crazy to think we needed a wide receiver after Brees had 5 consecutive 300 yard games. But we obviously do. It showed against the Bears. You put a healthy Joe Horn out on that field Sunday and the Saints win that game, I am convinced. Horn is good for another year. But we need to build for the future now and protect against further injury with Horn next season. Devery is a perfect deep threat, one of the best in the NFL (I say he is the best).

Billy Miller has solidified the TE receiving part of the equation. I hope we resign him. He stepped up big time in the playoffs. He will have to improve on the little things however (downfield blocking, not making penalties, etc). Campbell is a very good backup and is obviously our best blocking TE. As someone alluded to earlier, we have the perfect set of TEs for this offense.

We will also need to get more depth at O-line. It will be interesting to see if we sign Holland and Stinchcomb.

Here is who I hope we resign:

1- Charles Grant
2 - Jon Stinchcomb
3 - Terrance Copper
4 - Billy Miller
5 - Michael Lewis
6 - Montrae Holland
7 - Antwan Lake
8 - Terrance Melton
9 - Tommy Polley
10 - DeJuan Groce
11 - Omar Stoutmire
12 - Danny Clark

Here is who I don't think we should resign:

1 - Hollis Thomas
2 - Scott Shanle
3 - Corey McIntyre
4 - Rodney Leisle
5 - Jermane Mayberry
6 - James Allen
7 - Jay Bellamy
8 - Curtis Deloatch

There's no way we have all that cap room, this isn't Madden. I would resign Shanle, McIntyre, Clark, Lake, Stinchcomb, Melton, Miller, Copper, and Deloatch. These guys prove they deserve to be on a team like the Saints, players to think about would be Polley, Grant, and Lewis
mrnasties NO

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am trying to understand the bad talk about mckenize all the games i watch i only remember a few catches on his side and the were mostly short slant routes. he doesn't get interceptions or sacks but he is still a great defender yes i said great and a pretty descent tackler.
HeySteelers

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pshhh you dont need a wide receiver just line reggie bush up as one. He can catch real good, kick/punt return, run, i know he can throw that pick was a fluke, probaly play conerback..

Hes great i hate saying it cause i hate bush..

Mckenize is good from what ive seen he chased down Willie parker and tackled him fast good tackling hands maybe not the best isnt that what training camp is for? He will get better.

Biggest need i think for the saints is Linebacker.

Letting FAST WILLIE PARKER rush for 213 yards on ya isnt acceptable.
even if it is willie parker...

But idk i dont really follow the saints just saying from what i saw..

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

even though Fred Thomas (i cant believe i said his name) should be banished from New Orleans because he showed an incredible weekness at cornerback, i think our main goal should be to maintain our defensive line with a change at d-tackle and improve our linebackers. if they stop the quaterback from throwing, then we wouldnt have to worry about #22 gettin severly EXPOSED every game...... i hate that dude

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol thanks for my laugh of the day
bensonblows

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UCFNoleFan wrote:
Deuce McAllister has 9 touches in the NFC champioship game, after rushing for 143 yards on 21 carries in the divisional playoff game. 9 touches, and I am including the dropped short pass that appeared to be tipped. Now how does any fan justify completely abandoning the run against a team that rushes the passer as well as the Bears? It obviously wasn't working. It obviously was getting Brees KILLED, and the passing game was responsible for all 3 offensive turnovers, I would understand if Deuce and Reggie were the ones fumbling, but it was all from the passing game and special teams.

And I am not just saying he was completely wanting Reggie to be the star out there, which unless Deuce was seriously injured (but he did continue playing on the few attempts he got to be in the game), it honestly seemed like Payton was trying to phase Deuce out of the game and give Reggie all the PT.

I was wondering the same thing but on NFL networks recap of the game they showed where Drew Brees was checking out of runs at the line of scrimmage over and over again. He was up against arguably the best defense in the league.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: