Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Draft v2.0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ihoxhaj23

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Mock Draft v2.0 Reply with quote

Hey guys. Just thought I would make another mock draft for fun. Comments are welcomed!

1. Haha Clinton-Dix FS Alabama
One of the best players in our secondary, James Ihedigbo, is more than likely leaving. He has had a great season as a starter and deserves to get a pay day. Unfortunately it won't be with us. Clinton-Dix is an exciting player with great skills and would allow Elam to move back to his natural position of SS. I think this would solidify our secondary for years to come.

2. Travis Swanson C Arkansas
I think this is the one pick that we need to make above all else. I think we have given Gino a fair enough chance and he simply has not produced. He looks like he is manhandled all the time and it looks like we are trying to use Yanda to try and help too much. I think Travis is a great player that has more than held his own against SEC defenses.

3. Brandon Coleman WR Rutgers
Brandon has fallen down a lot of draft boards. That is because teams are taking him away by double covering him and with an awful QB at Rutgers he hasnt had many chances. He would be great opposite Torrey with Marlon in the slot next year. It would give Joe some more height to work with and it would really open up underneath stuff for Rice and Pitta.

*I think we get 4 comp picks, two 4's, a 5, and a 6.

4. CJ Fiedorowicz TE Iowa
Great second tight end. Don't think Ed is coming back and CJ is a much better blocker than Ed. At 6'7" he has the height to be a red zone threat and has pretty good hands. His offense just didn't feature him or the passing game that much.

4. Morgan Moses OT Virginia
Nasty OT that could start right away for us at RT. With the way Oher has been playing, I would be shocked if he came back. Morgan can battle it out with Ricky Wagner for who starts. The other should at least be the swing tackle.

5. Antone Exum CB Virginia Tech
This years Kapron Lewis-Moore. He had a torn ACL and is recovering. Great corner when healthy.

6. Max Bullough ILB Michigan State
Leader of his defense which just whooped Ohio State. Don't see how Daryl Smith can come back, he will want and deserves more money. This guy can step up and start.

6. Marcus Williams CB North Dakota State
Honestly my favorite player in the draft. A GREAT player. All-American and DPOY at North Dakota State. Reminds me so much of Webb. I would be ecstatic to get him anywhere in the draft, let alone in the 6th where he is projected.

7. (From Bryant McKinnie Trade) Larry Webster DE Bloomsburg
Developmental pick that we can practice squad for a year or two. Definite sleeper and great motor.

That's my draft. Let me know what you think. Thanks
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Clinton-Dix, Swanson, Coleman and Exum picks, a lot. Would love any of those guys, from what I've seen and read of them.

I don't know anything about Morgan Moses, but he's got an impressive name, and if he can start at RT, he's okay by me. I doubt Oher re-signs, now.

Regarding the TE, I definitely think Dickson is gone, unless he signs a cheap deal. I'd like to see Furstenburg get a spot on the active roster next year, but we'll have to see how a year on the PS has benefited him.

And picking up a couple of CBs is always a good idea, with Graham probably gone. Webb and Smith have the makings of a fantastic corner pairing, but they need depth behind them.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the draft overall. I'm pretty skeptical they take another safety in the first round after drafting Elam last year but FS is one of the biggest needs on the team. Moving Elam back to SS is a near must in my opinion. He just doesn't look comfortable in the role he has now. Swanson's value seems like it's right in that area and C is another big need. Coleman falling that far is iffy but I'd love that pick if he did. Fiedorowicz is nice. I'm not familiar with Moses, but I think the team will let Wagner and Reid battle for that spot without adding another mid round tackle. Exum works at that spot. I'm a Sparty homer and I like Bullough but depending on what happens at ILB there might not be any roster spot for him. Don't know anything about Williams or Webster.
sp6488

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mancunian Raven wrote:
I like the Clinton-Dix, Swanson, Coleman and Exum picks, a lot. Would love any of those guys, from what I've seen and read of them.

I don't know anything about Morgan Moses, but he's got an impressive name, and if he can start at RT, he's okay by me. I doubt Oher re-signs, now.

Regarding the TE, I definitely think Dickson is gone, unless he signs a cheap deal. I'd like to see Furstenburg get a spot on the active roster next year, but we'll have to see how a year on the PS has benefited him.

And picking up a couple of CBs is always a good idea, with Graham probably gone. Webb and Smith have the makings of a fantastic corner pairing, but they need depth behind them.

Definitely a strong name. Best name at the position for us since Orlando "Zeus" brown.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: