Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

J.R.S. Mock Off-Season
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: J.R.S. Mock Off-Season Reply with quote

I'm only going to do 4 round of the draft, but here is a look at what I would this off-season:

Major Re-Signs:

Roger Saffold

Restructures:

Wells, Langford, Finnegan, JL-55

I know that some will disagree, but in my opinion, JL-55 is being grossly overpaid. By re-structuring, we could free up somewhere around 7 million.

Hat tip to KGarrett for providing this link in another thread:

http://overthecap.com/calculator/?Team=Rams

Cuts:

Dahl

Trades:

*On draft day, Rams send their 3rd round pick to the Jaguars for WR, Justin Blackmon.

*Cleveland trades #24 overall and their 2d round pick to us for #15 overall.

Round 1, Pick #3- Jake Matthews, OT

No surprise or twist here. After Bridgewater and Clowney are selected with the first two picks, we take the player that makes the most sense for us long-term.

Round 1, Pick #24-Ha-Sean Clinton Dix, Safety

A guy that we all believe we could benefit from, Dix drops to the late first round because of recent injury concerns and a lackluster combine. We're all happy to land him.

Round 2, Pick # 12--Ego Ferguson, DT

With a great first name and proven production in the SEC, Ferguson comes in to challenge Langford for playing time and provide depth. If Johnny Manziel is somehow available here, we take him though.

Round 2, Pick #13 (from CLV)- Travis Swanson-Center

We land the best center in the draft with our additional 2nd from Cleveland. With Wells' injury history, Swanson comes in and provides quality backup and a key position.

Round 4, Pick #12-Gabe Jackson, OG

A 340 pound massive block that demands double teams in the run game. It would be fun to watch people try and locate Zach Stacy in the backfield behind a pair of 6-4 interior lineman (Swanson, Jackson).

Comments and criticism welcome.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.

Last edited by The J.R.S. on Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know we own the 2nd overall pick right?

And I hate the trade for Blackmon.

Jackson wont last nearly that long. Im also not that high on Ego. The first round is cool though.

1. Amari Cooper
2. Brandon Scherff
3. Todd Gurley
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was actually the one who provided the link to the Ram'scap calculator...

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=536616

Wink

I'd love to bring back Saffold, but I still don't see it happening. We've been down that road though and I don't wanna hijack your thread...

I'd love to bring in Blackmon, I've wanted him since he was eligible for the draft. However, a 3rd is too much IMO. Either the Jags are gonna retain him, or they're going to have to cut bait with him. I think if they choose that route he could be had for a later round pick (5th-7th). They might just end up outright cutting him and then we could have a shot in FA...

As for the draft, wouldn't mind either one of those guys at their respective spots in the 1st round...

I don't think Gabe Jackson will last till the 4th, I'd slide him into the 2nd round pick. Also, like Swanson as well...

IDOG_det on the sig...
RIP "El Fenomeno" - Oscar Taveras
Deemo55

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of trades there...thinking the Blackmon one doesn't happen though.

I completely agree re: JL however - dude is a slightly above average MLB and his salary is that of an all pro.
FRO

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the Blackmon trade idea. Buy low. Do your research on him, sit down with him, and if you feel comfortable with what you see then pull the trigger. The decision makers in Jacksonville didn't draft this guy, so they may not have any loyalty to him. This is also a deep draft at WR, so making a move like this on their end may be realistic. For us it gives us an NFL tested number 1 WR.

In 4 games Blackmon has 29 catches. That is more than Brian Quick has for his entire career. It would be a solid move.

Matthews would be a great pick. Building a great line will make everything better. Solid job. I'd take it.
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know you're a huge Blackmon fan and I like the guy as a person but how can you trust him after what has happened? It's a major risk.

Jackson in the 4th seems kind of like wishful thinking to me...but we'll see.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
You know we own the 2nd overall pick right?

Jackson wont last nearly that long. Im also not that high on Ego. The first round is cool though.

I'm aware that we currently own the 2nd pick, but I think it will be the 3rd by seasons end.

The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
I was actually the one who provided the link to the Ram'scap calculator...

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=536616

Wink

I'd love to bring back Saffold, but I still don't see it happening. We've been down that road though and I don't wanna hijack your thread...

I'd love to bring in Blackmon, I've wanted him since he was eligible for the draft. However, a 3rd is too much IMO. Either the Jags are gonna retain him, or they're going to have to cut bait with him. I think if they choose that route he could be had for a later round pick (5th-7th). They might just end up outright cutting him and then we could have a shot in FA...

As for the draft, wouldn't mind either one of those guys at their respective spots in the 1st round...

I don't think Gabe Jackson will last till the 4th, I'd slide him into the 2nd round pick. Also, like Swanson as well...

My bad KG. I got the two of you mixed up. I'll change the OP.

You're probably right that a 3rd is too much for Blackmon. If he comes even cheaper than great.

The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
I know you're a huge Blackmon fan and I like the guy as a person but how can you trust him after what has happened? It's a major risk.

Truth. It is a major risk, but if our front office is willing to take chances on character for the likes of Janoris, then why not for a player who is more talented. He could get suspended for the season, or he could be the true #1 that we have all wanted for so long. I don't see another WR of his caliber available this off-season.

holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

Truth. It is a major risk, but if our front office is willing to take chances on character for the likes of Janoris, then why not for a player who is more talented. He could get suspended for the season, or he could be the true #1 that we have all wanted for so long. I don't see another WR of his caliber available this off-season.

Well unlike Blackmon, Janoris hasn't made a mistake in his pro-career. Seems like Blackmon hasn't learned from his mistakes. Our front office is willing to take a chance on a kid that has made a mistake, doubt they take a chance on a professional who continues to make them.
NVRamsFan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

Well unlike Blackmon, Janoris hasn't made a mistake in his pro-career. Seems like Blackmon hasn't learned from his mistakes. Our front office is willing to take a chance on a kid that has made a mistake, doubt they take a chance on a professional who continues to make them.

Blackmon not learning from his mistakes could also be the coaching/leadership culture in Jax. Fisher seems to be great at straightening out knuckleheads.
nodefense

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="DEE RAWL"]You know we own the 2nd overall pick right?

I hate it too ! He is working his way out of football at a rapid pace
BEASToftheEAST4

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the draft, but like others have mentioned, I don't see Gabe Jackson lasting that long...Maybe not even into the third round

^El Ramster^
Halradio

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea of drafting an OT with one of our two first round picks.

Jake Long's days are numbered - big men + leg injuries do not equal long career. Even if they resign Saffold - he could end up playing OG.

I definitely like grabbing a Safety in round one. If there has been one glaring weakness that comes up week after to week its the back end of the secondary.

I am not a fan of trading anything for Blackmon who if I am not mistaken has to petition the league for re-instatement. This kid was a knucklehead in college and continued his knucklehead ways as a pro.
I <3 Faulk

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can dig that. Blackmon has talent. That's undeniable. The question is if he will actually ever see the field for long periods of time.

Nobody can stretch a page into oblivion like I can

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: