Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Would YOU Draft Bridgewater if Available?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would YOU Draft Bridgewater?
Yes
39%
 39%  [ 11 ]
No
60%
 60%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 28

Author Message
dtwizzy2k8


Joined: 06 Sep 2008
Posts: 680
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Would YOU Draft Bridgewater if Available? Reply with quote

If Teddy Bridgewater is available when the Rams pick, would YOU want us to draft him? I'm not asking what you think will happen or what you think the front office will do, since I think most of us agree that the front office and coaching staff seem committed to Sam Bradford. The question is, if it were up to YOU, what would you do?

Personally I would draft Bridgewater because I really don't think Bradford is the answer for us at QB, and he is even more of a question mark now that he'll be coming off an ACL tear.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RamForLife81-39


Joined: 24 Mar 2008
Posts: 2550
Location: NJ
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it was up to me, I'd trade down 3-4 spots and get a ton of future picks like they did in the RGIII trade
_________________

Tavon Austin
39 catches-- 409 yards---4TD
8carries----- 95yards-----1TD
32PR---------279yards----1TD
14KR---------303yards
1,086 All Purpose Yards 6 TD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
The J.R.S.


Joined: 15 Feb 2007
Posts: 3715
Location: Next to Waldo
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this question assumes that there it is no trade back, then yes, I'd draft him in a heartbeat.

Worst case scenario, is that we end up with two starting calibre QBs, which would provide Teddy with a chance to learn the offense from the bench, while providing us with valuable trade resources going forward.
_________________


Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Boboso20


Joined: 21 Mar 2013
Posts: 369
Location: El paso, Tx
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would take him in a heartbeat. Trade Sam even though his stock is a bit down coming off injury. The browns were reported to have offered a top pick for him 2 years ago maybe we can get the 1st rounder from the colts for him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flatlyner


Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Posts: 5960
Location: WESTCOAST
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We would be foolish to do anything other then the two options; draft him, or trade down with a team wanting to draft him. When you get the #1 pick, you take #1 guy or get compensated handsomely from a team wanting it.
_________________
WELCOME TO THE RAMS:
Greg Robinson
Aaron Donald
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DEE RAWL


Joined: 02 Oct 2007
Posts: 4484
Location: Southern California
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, because I an not as high on him as most.

There is only one option IMO and thats trade down.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
FRO


Joined: 02 Feb 2013
Posts: 1155
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamForLife81-39 wrote:
If it was up to me, I'd trade down 3-4 spots and get a ton of future picks like they did in the RGIII trade

Exactly. There are teams that will pay a pretty penny for him.

I'm a believer in Bradford. I think he has the talent and he was starting to emerge right before he blew his knee. So I think we add even more pieces around him in a trade down.

I would also like to point out that Wilson, Foles, and Glennon weren't high draft picks. All 3 are out performing the higher picked QBs in their prospective drafts. Now that may be because they are surrounded by better players, but it goes to show you that you can get a guy later. Throw Dalton and Kaepernick in there too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SAK11


Joined: 22 Sep 2013
Posts: 79
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FRO wrote:
RamForLife81-39 wrote:
If it was up to me, I'd trade down 3-4 spots and get a ton of future picks like they did in the RGIII trade

Exactly. There are teams that will pay a pretty penny for him.

I'm a believer in Bradford. I think he has the talent and he was starting to emerge right before he blew his knee. So I think we add even more pieces around him in a trade down.

I would also like to point out that Wilson, Foles, and Glennon weren't high draft picks. All 3 are out performing the higher picked QBs in their prospective drafts. Now that may be because they are surrounded by better players, but it goes to show you that you can get a guy later. Throw Dalton and Kaepernick in there too.


I too believe in Bradford, going back to the second half of last year he's had 27 TDS and 10 INTs in his last 15 games. 60% completion percentage despite all the drops too. And looking at this year, the special teams penalties had the offense starting in bad field position far too often, and up until his last couple of games the rams had no run game to speak of.
I'm not a fan of Schottenheimer but at least he gives Sam some stability, he now knows the offense and hopefully Schotty can find the right balance and use Austin more like he has recently going into next year.
That leaves the only concern being his injury, and with rehab the way it is these days, plus his playing style, I don't see that as a huge issue.

Trade down and get a huge return if Teddy is on the board when the Rams pick, Bradford is not the problem with this team and could be a real good player once the youthful potential turns into production.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 45204
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes.
_________________
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ramssuperbowl99


Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Posts: 22846
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Yes.
Just gonna leave this here


_________________

Title Town USA wrote:
Don't question Rams. He runs this place. He is The Man.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NVRamsFan


Joined: 22 Mar 2009
Posts: 2428
Location: Reno, NV
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After Jax winning last night I doubt we have the teddy option. That being said after being a big Sam backer I'm wondering if it wouldn't be better to go in a new direction. He was having a good season before the injury we might be able to get something for him in a trade and go with a rookie. I don't see Fisher being high on a running qb like rg3 or kaep though.
_________________

Sig courtesy of SJax39

Adopt a Ram
Sam Bradford
159-262 1687 yards 14 TD 4 INT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The J.R.S.


Joined: 15 Feb 2007
Posts: 3715
Location: Next to Waldo
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NVRamsFan wrote:
After Jax winning last night I doubt we have the teddy option. That being said after being a big Sam backer I'm wondering if it wouldn't be better to go in a new direction. He was having a good season before the injury we might be able to get something for him in a trade and go with a rookie. I don't see Fisher being high on a running qb like rg3 or kaep though.


He felt pretty good about McNair.
_________________


Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NVRamsFan


Joined: 22 Mar 2009
Posts: 2428
Location: Reno, NV
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
NVRamsFan wrote:
After Jax winning last night I doubt we have the teddy option. That being said after being a big Sam backer I'm wondering if it wouldn't be better to go in a new direction. He was having a good season before the injury we might be able to get something for him in a trade and go with a rookie. I don't see Fisher being high on a running qb like rg3 or kaep though.


He felt pretty good about McNair.


And hated Young. And I'm thinking that rg3 and kaep are both more running of qbs than McNair,who averaged 4 rushes a game for his career, less than both of those guys.
_________________

Sig courtesy of SJax39

Adopt a Ram
Sam Bradford
159-262 1687 yards 14 TD 4 INT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kgarrett12486


Joined: 22 Jan 2007
Posts: 9416
Location: Busch III
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we end up with the #1 overall pick and have the opportunity to draft Bridgewater, I'm doing the same thing we did in 2012...
_________________

TommyC376 on the sig...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lilant2398


Joined: 30 Jul 2006
Posts: 1533
Location: St.louis
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramssuperbowl99 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Yes.
Just gonna leave this here



interception in the nfl
_________________
St.louis Rams don't play 60 minutes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group