Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Would YOU Draft Bridgewater if Available?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would YOU Draft Bridgewater?
Yes
39%
 39%  [ 11 ]
No
60%
 60%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 28

dtwizzy2k8

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Would YOU Draft Bridgewater if Available? Reply with quote

If Teddy Bridgewater is available when the Rams pick, would YOU want us to draft him? I'm not asking what you think will happen or what you think the front office will do, since I think most of us agree that the front office and coaching staff seem committed to Sam Bradford. The question is, if it were up to YOU, what would you do?

Personally I would draft Bridgewater because I really don't think Bradford is the answer for us at QB, and he is even more of a question mark now that he'll be coming off an ACL tear.
RamForLife81-39

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it was up to me, I'd trade down 3-4 spots and get a ton of future picks like they did in the RGIII trade

Tavon Austin
39 catches-- 409 yards---4TD
8carries----- 95yards-----1TD
32PR---------279yards----1TD
14KR---------303yards
1,086 All Purpose Yards 6 TD
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this question assumes that there it is no trade back, then yes, I'd draft him in a heartbeat.

Worst case scenario, is that we end up with two starting calibre QBs, which would provide Teddy with a chance to learn the offense from the bench, while providing us with valuable trade resources going forward.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
Boboso20

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would take him in a heartbeat. Trade Sam even though his stock is a bit down coming off injury. The browns were reported to have offered a top pick for him 2 years ago maybe we can get the 1st rounder from the colts for him.
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We would be foolish to do anything other then the two options; draft him, or trade down with a team wanting to draft him. When you get the #1 pick, you take #1 guy or get compensated handsomely from a team wanting it.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, because I an not as high on him as most.

There is only one option IMO and thats trade down.
FRO

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamForLife81-39 wrote:
If it was up to me, I'd trade down 3-4 spots and get a ton of future picks like they did in the RGIII trade

Exactly. There are teams that will pay a pretty penny for him.

I'm a believer in Bradford. I think he has the talent and he was starting to emerge right before he blew his knee. So I think we add even more pieces around him in a trade down.

I would also like to point out that Wilson, Foles, and Glennon weren't high draft picks. All 3 are out performing the higher picked QBs in their prospective drafts. Now that may be because they are surrounded by better players, but it goes to show you that you can get a guy later. Throw Dalton and Kaepernick in there too.
SAK11

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FRO wrote:
RamForLife81-39 wrote:

Exactly. There are teams that will pay a pretty penny for him.

I'm a believer in Bradford. I think he has the talent and he was starting to emerge right before he blew his knee. So I think we add even more pieces around him in a trade down.

I would also like to point out that Wilson, Foles, and Glennon weren't high draft picks. All 3 are out performing the higher picked QBs in their prospective drafts. Now that may be because they are surrounded by better players, but it goes to show you that you can get a guy later. Throw Dalton and Kaepernick in there too.

I too believe in Bradford, going back to the second half of last year he's had 27 TDS and 10 INTs in his last 15 games. 60% completion percentage despite all the drops too. And looking at this year, the special teams penalties had the offense starting in bad field position far too often, and up until his last couple of games the rams had no run game to speak of.
I'm not a fan of Schottenheimer but at least he gives Sam some stability, he now knows the offense and hopefully Schotty can find the right balance and use Austin more like he has recently going into next year.
That leaves the only concern being his injury, and with rehab the way it is these days, plus his playing style, I don't see that as a huge issue.

Trade down and get a huge return if Teddy is on the board when the Rams pick, Bradford is not the problem with this team and could be a real good player once the youthful potential turns into production.
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
ramssuperbowl99

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Yes.
Just gonna leave this here

Title Town USA wrote:
Don't question Rams. He runs this place. He is The Man.
NVRamsFan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After Jax winning last night I doubt we have the teddy option. That being said after being a big Sam backer I'm wondering if it wouldn't be better to go in a new direction. He was having a good season before the injury we might be able to get something for him in a trade and go with a rookie. I don't see Fisher being high on a running qb like rg3 or kaep though.

Sig courtesy of SJax39

Adopt a Ram
Sam Bradford
159-262 1687 yards 14 TD 4 INT
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NVRamsFan wrote:
After Jax winning last night I doubt we have the teddy option. That being said after being a big Sam backer I'm wondering if it wouldn't be better to go in a new direction. He was having a good season before the injury we might be able to get something for him in a trade and go with a rookie. I don't see Fisher being high on a running qb like rg3 or kaep though.

He felt pretty good about McNair.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
NVRamsFan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
NVRamsFan wrote:

He felt pretty good about McNair.

And hated Young. And I'm thinking that rg3 and kaep are both more running of qbs than McNair,who averaged 4 rushes a game for his career, less than both of those guys.

Sig courtesy of SJax39

Adopt a Ram
Sam Bradford
159-262 1687 yards 14 TD 4 INT
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we end up with the #1 overall pick and have the opportunity to draft Bridgewater, I'm doing the same thing we did in 2012...

TommyC376 on the sig...
lilant2398

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramssuperbowl99 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Yes.
Just gonna leave this here

interception in the nfl

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: