Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cards on 1 year deals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
apollo14000

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Cards on 1 year deals Reply with quote

This thread is just to discuss the players we have on one year deals. I want to know what everyone thinks of their contributions so far and if they should be brought back and for what price.

Rashard Mendenhall
Jake Ballard
Eric Winston
Alameda Ta'amu
Matt Shaughnessy
Dontay Moch
Frostee Rucker
Karlos Dansby
Marcus Bernard
Antoine Cason
Javier Arenas
Yeremiah Bell

If I missed anybody of importance let me know.

What does everyone think about Shaughnessy? He's pretty young and has played the run very well this year as an edge rusher. At 6'5" 285, does anybody think he could replace Dockett as a 3-4 DE down the road?
AZCardinalsFan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dansby would be number one on my list to bring back, for like 3 years 9 mil or something
mtdowner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZCardinalsFan wrote:
Dansby would be number one on my list to bring back, for like 3 years 9 mil or something

I agree we should try to bring Dansby back, but what about Kevin Minter? Are we going to keep a highly thought of 2nd rd pick on the bench for another 3 years? I'm thinking Dansby has to be cheap or else he's not coming back.
Plucky

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Cards on 1 year deals Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
This thread is just to discuss the players we have on one year deals. I want to know what everyone thinks of their contributions so far and if they should be brought back and for what price.

Rashard Mendenhall
Jake Ballard
Eric Winston
Alameda Ta'amu
Matt Shaughnessy
Dontay Moch

Frostee Rucker
Karlos Dansby
Marcus Bernard
Antoine Cason
Javier Arenas
Yeremiah Bell

What does everyone think about Shaughnessy? He's pretty young and has played the run very well this year as an edge rusher. At 6'5" 285, does anybody think he could replace Dockett as a 3-4 DE down the road?

My bold are league minimum's or somewhere close - maybe 2 year deals or something.

As far as dansby he played his heart out and i think he should be able to play for another 2-3 years. Just depends on how much he wants. To be honest never liked the minter pick, i think he will bust anyways. This system you need to be able to cover and hes a thumper idk why we picked him. Match ups these days vs TE you need more athletic LB's he doesn't fit the bill for me unless he improves massively.

Winston is a toughy because massie waiting for his chance. I think if we lose this game we are pretty much out of the playoff hunt. We need to put massie in these last few games and see what he's got. Overall I think I take Massie over Winton due to age and upside. Winston didn't blow me away.

As far as the rest I don't care to be honest. Would rather draft/go with our youth continue building unless they want to come back on the cheap cheap. I really don't want anyone from the secondary back. Plenty of young talented players in this years draft.[/b]
love2theOLINE

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Cards on 1 year deals Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:

Rashard Mendenhall
Jake Ballard
Eric Winston
Alameda Ta'amu
Matt Shaughnessy
Dontay Moch
Frostee Rucker
Karlos Dansby
Marcus Bernard
Antoine Cason
Javier Arenas
Yeremiah Bell

I thought Shaughnessy would see time at DE too, but in camp all I saw him play was at OLB and DE in 43 looks.

I bolded my 3, Alameda Ta'amu is a must keep and for Moch and Benard I;d like to see them compete in camp with Alexander(never been sold on him). Ballard has been popular in many circles.

If Dansby is cheap yes but I don't like delaying Minter, plus rather spend it on Ta'amu.

Re-Elect Joe Fitzgibbon class act for proper representation.

thanks to sandwhich on the sig
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Cards on 1 year deals Reply with quote

Alameda Ta'amu
Matt Shaughnessy
Dontay Moch
Frostee Rucker
Karlos Dansby

I want those ones back

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ta'amu
Shaughnessy
Rucker
Bernard
Moch
Ballard

These are the guys I want back in that order.

Obviously want Dansby back as well and he would be top of the list but don't want to pay through the nose for him. We have leverage in Minter, who I liked coming out. Think 2yrs 6-7mil sounds about right.
apollo14000

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys I'd sign to long term contracts (2 or more years):
Dansby: I wouldn't pay much much more than 3 million per. I still think Minter will turn out to be a good player so his contract needs to be good value.
Ta'Amu: Hopefully other teams aren't taking notice of his 15-20 snaps a game because the fact that we are rotating 2 huge NTs is a big reason our run defense is so good.
Rucker: I think he's been a very good backup so I wouldn't mind a 2-3 year deal on the cheap.
Shaughnessy: I'm curious to see if he can play 3-4 DE because he doesn't offer much as an edge rusher but his run defense has been great.

Everyone else, if they do come back, should only get 1 year deals.
younggun1273

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Cards on 1 year deals Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:

Rashard Mendenhall
Jake Ballard
Eric Winston
Alameda Ta'amu
Matt Shaughnessy
Dontay Moch
Frostee Rucker
Karlos Dansby

Marcus Bernard
Antoine Cason
Javier Arenas
Yeremiah Bell
Jim Dray
Jeff King
Andre Roberts
Alfonso Smith
Dave Zastudil

Dray, King, Roberts, Smith and Zastudil will be FA's so I added them.

I highlighted everyone I want.

Justo on the sig
apollo14000

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Cards on 1 year deals Reply with quote

younggun1273 wrote:
apollo14000 wrote:

Rashard Mendenhall
Jake Ballard
Eric Winston
Alameda Ta'amu
Matt Shaughnessy
Dontay Moch
Frostee Rucker
Karlos Dansby

Marcus Bernard
Antoine Cason
Javier Arenas
Yeremiah Bell
Jim Dray
Jeff King
Andre Roberts
Alfonso Smith
Dave Zastudil

I agree with that list sans Winston. I think Massie needs to either take his place or learn to play RG.

I'm also not sure I'd keep Moch over Bernard. Bernard seems to be playing more snaps lately.

So my keep list is:
Dansby- it likely won't be for 2 million a year. Hopefully we can keep it under 5million.
Shaughnessy
Rucker
Ta'amu- he could probably be another team's starting NT so hopefully he remains under the radar.
Zastudil- never gets enough credit but he is super reliable and top 5 at his position
Dray- I'd keep Dray over Ballard but Dray really needs to be a #3 TE only. We need a legit blocking TE who can also catch.
Roberts- He's having a down year production wise so we could possibly get him very cheap. If not, then I'd move on if he wants too much money.
Bernard or Moch- I'd like to see one of them with a full off season with the team.
younggun1273

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Cards on 1 year deals Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
younggun1273 wrote:
apollo14000 wrote:

Rashard Mendenhall
Jake Ballard
Eric Winston
Alameda Ta'amu
Matt Shaughnessy
Dontay Moch
Frostee Rucker
Karlos Dansby

Marcus Bernard
Antoine Cason
Javier Arenas
Yeremiah Bell
Jim Dray
Jeff King
Andre Roberts
Alfonso Smith
Dave Zastudil

I agree with that list sans Winston. I think Massie needs to either take his place or learn to play RG.

I'm also not sure I'd keep Moch over Bernard. Bernard seems to be playing more snaps lately.

So my keep list is:
Dansby- it likely won't be for 2 million a year. Hopefully we can keep it under 5million.
Shaughnessy
Rucker
Ta'amu- he could probably be another team's starting NT so hopefully he remains under the radar.
Zastudil- never gets enough credit but he is super reliable and top 5 at his position
Dray- I'd keep Dray over Ballard but Dray really needs to be a #3 TE only. We need a legit blocking TE who can also catch.
Roberts- He's having a down year production wise so we could possibly get him very cheap. If not, then I'd move on if he wants too much money.
Bernard or Moch- I'd like to see one of them with a full off season with the team.

Winston has been pretty solid from what I have seen. Not sure how much money he will be demanding this offseason, but maybe this is the team that lets him stay longer than one year.

The reason I choose Moch over Bernard is because we have so many linebackers with size and strength but Moch has impressive speed, so he adds something that the other backers do not have. I would be fine with Bernard back, but it is going to get crowded with the amount of returning journeymen type at linebacker with Acho, Alexander and Okafor all under contract for next year and coming off of injuries.

Justo on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: