You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Justin Britt, OT, Missouri (Senior)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Justin Britt, OT, Missouri (Senior) Reply with quote

I don't see Missouri senior left tackle Justin Britt mentioned much but to be honest, I think he is a somewhat underrated developmental offensive line prospect who could move up draft boards as scouts start looking at his overall game film and if he can impress in offseason workouts. This is what I wrote about him in another thread :

I have keyed in on Britt when watching the Missouri offense and while he isn't without his weaknesses, he does seem to have some positives as far as a legitimate NFL offensive line prospect. He is very well built as a left tackle and looks like he has a frame that could even add a bit of bulk as well. He moves well laterally in pass protection and from what I have seen uses pretty good hand technique to latch onto the defender when pass protecting. As a run blocker, he fires out quickly and gets to the second level. He also seems to play with some tenacity and I like how he finishes blocks when he is in a good position. I am not saying he will necessarily be anything more than a middle to late round draft pick, but I like him as a developmental prospect.

Justin Britt
Position : OT
College : Missouri Tigers
Class : Senior
Height : 6'-6"
Weight : 315 lbs.
40 yard dash : (estimated)

Justin Britt Missouri Tigers Official Bio

Here is an interesting article on Britt :

Quote:

Britt says his goals haven’t changed much, he has always dreamed of playing in the NFL, but the reasons for doing so have changed.
Two weeks after he had successful knee surgery, his fiancee, Alicia Bratten, gave birth to Navy Noelle Britt on Dec. 4, 2013, something Britt said has changed his life forever.
“I had a lot going on in my life at that point, but I kind of took it as a blessing in disguise for it to happen at that time,” Britt said. “It has made me mature and grow up in the past year as much as I’ve ever been in my first 21 years of life.
“Instead of going out with friends I’m at home taking care of my body, and my daughter and my fiancee,” Britt said. “My goal has always been going to the pros and making a career out of football. That hasn’t changed, the only thing that has changed is who I am doing it for.”
Britt graduated from Mizzou in December of 2012 and is enrolled in a sports psychology masters program, taking online courses. He said a wedding date is to be determined.
“Whenever we got engaged we both agreed to wait and see what happens in May in the draft and everything,” Britt said. “It is hard to plan something when you don’t know what income you’ll have or where you’ll be.”
Britt said picking an agent, where he will train and preparing for the NFL combine and other events will be a high priority.
Britt said taking care of his body wasn’t a high priority until the past year. But with the NFL draft ahead, he has been focused throughout his senior season.
“I’m the type of guy who could go to McDonald’s and eat 12 cheeseburgers and still have 20 percent body fat,” Britt said. “(Bratten) has helped me eat right, going grocery shopping and buying the right foods.”
Always a premium position, there were 22 offensive tackles drafted last season. But Britt’s stock could get a boost from an invite to the Senior Bowl, an opportunity to play in the SEC championship game in front of a big audience, and the NFL combine.
Britt could be a hot commodity due to his ability to play all over the offensive line. Britt has played every position at one time or another during his career at Mizzou.
Draftinsider.net listed Britt among seven risers in its Nov. 7 report and said Britt “came into the season with a late round grade from scouts but has since elevated his game.”
Christian said the NFL Draft Combine is an event built for a player of Britt’s abilities where measurables are evaluated. Britt has a lean build with 20 percent body fat, and tests such as the 40-yard-dash or vertical jump will likely boost his stock even more.
Christian said already he has received letters from the Oakland Raiders and Kansas City Chiefs seeking background information about Britt.
“I’m thinking this is some sort of propaganda and maybe a coaches clinic or something like that and I open them up and it’s a player (evaluation) on Justin,” Christian said. “That was a really cool situation and was the point and time that it really hit me that perhaps this is a real deal.
“With the success that he is having this season at the SEC level, it is a real thing. I would be very surprised is he doesn’t get drafted somewhere and that would be huge for Lebanon.”

http://www.lebanondailyrecord.com/sports/article_b299c87a-5aae-11e3-9d05-0019bb30f31a.html

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he'd be a better fit at LG in the NFL...

Rammy on the sig...
RIP "El Fenomeno" - Oscar Taveras
stl_rams_fan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as a mizzou fan watching him every week, I really like him. I think Missouri's line is pretty underrated

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: