You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Alvin Dupree, OLB, Kentucky
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Alvin Dupree, OLB, Kentucky Reply with quote

Can anyone that has watched Kentucky give me any insight into junior defensive end Alvin Dupree? I came across the article quoted below which indicated Dupree is considering declaring for the NFL draft, so I dug into him a little bit more. It looks like he has some experience as a 3-4 outside linebacker and transitioned this year to a 4-3 defensive end.

Alvin Dupree
Position : DE
College : Kentucky Wildcats
Class : Junior
Jersey # : 2
Height : 6'-4"
Weight : 252 lbs.
40 yard dash : (estimated)

Alvin Dupree Kentucky Wildcats Official Bio

Quote:
2013 Statistics (through 11 games)
Solo tackles : 34
Assisted tackles : 27
Total tackles : 61
Tackles for loss : 9.5
Tackles for loss yardage : 54
Sacks : 7.0
Sack loss yardage : 48
Passes broken up : 1
QB hurries : 3
Forced fumbles : 2

2012 Statistics (12 games)
Solo tackles : 54
Assisted tackles : 37
Total tackles : 91
Tackles for loss : 12.5
Tackles for loss yardage : 79
Sacks : 6.5
Sack loss yardage : 63
Passes broken up : 1

20111 Statistics (12 games)
Solo tackles : 12
Assisted tackles : 9
Total tackles : 21
Tackles for loss : 2.5
Tackles for loss yardage : 14
Sacks : 2.5
Sack loss yardage : 14
Passes broken up : 2
QB hurries : 1

Quote:
LEXINGTON — Bud Dupree isn't sure what his future plans will be following Kentucky's 27-14 loss to Tennessee on Saturday night at Commonwealth Stadium.
Dupree, a junior defensive end, will discuss whether he will return for his senior campaign or enter the National Football League draft next summer with Kentucky coach Mark Stoops and the rest of the defensive coaching staff in the coming weeks.
“Me and coach (Stoops) are going to talk about that over the next couple of weeks as well as other players just to see where we stand,” he said. “I've just got to talk to my coaches and see.”
Whether he returns or opts to enter the draft, Dupree played his last game with teammate Avery Williamson, a senior who helped steer Dupree in the right direction and mentored his steps. Dupree called Williamson “a great linebacker” and “one of the best in the country.”
“Avery is a great player and a great leader,” Dupree said. “Avery just helped me to go hard every day, and he just leads by example and always tried to do things right all of the time.”
In Kentucky's first season under Stoops, the Wildcats went 2-10 and failed to win a game in the Southeastern Conference for the second straight year. Despite that record, Dupree said the team made strides behind the scenes and set the tone for the future.
“I think we improved a lot in some games that we did play,” Dupree said. “There were a lot of (games) where we could have won and didn't execute on both sides of the ball. We could have done better.”
Dupree said the biggest adjustment defensively was to a new scheme, as the Wildcats switched from a 3-4 to a 4-3 under Stoops. However, he didn't have any problems with the change in alignment.
“We just had to adjust to the things they wanted us to do,” he said.
Dupree said the change was good and said Stoops' approach was simpler.
“I've very comfortable with the defensive schemes,” he said. “I learned a lot from the coaches. It's less complicated and things of that nature. I like (the defense) a lot.”
Dupree also enjoyed playing for Stoops, who was defensive coordinator at Florida State before taking over at Kentucky. Stoops was often vocal on the sidelines, and he received an unsportsmanlike penalty late in the Tennessee game. Dupree said he was glad to see Stoops display his emotional side in front of the officiating crew.
“It means the coach really cares about the team and he wants what's best for the team,” Dupree said. “If he has to do that just to get a point across to the referee and on the right track, obviously there's nothing wrong with it.”
Dupree said the key to Kentucky’s success in the future is getting playmakers on both sides of the ball, and he likes the Cats’ chances with Stoops at the helm.
“I think we're on the right track effort-wise, we've just got to make plays,” Dupree said. “We've got to get more players to make more plays. I know in this game we could have did a lot more defensive-wise and offense-wise,” he said. “What it all boils down to is making more plays and people stepping up and making plays to help the team win.”

http://www.centralkynews.com/amnews/sports/college/uk/kentucky-football-s-bud-dupree-is-not-sure-if-he/article_0e99d850-5c07-11e3-9c3a-001a4bcf6878.html

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Last edited by nicfre2011 on Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Duffman57

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am, and i know LBC is a big fan of this guy. He's really good off the snap, long and athletic. He's got pass rushing potential on pass rushing potential. He's definitely got to refine his hands and gain some more pass rush moves, but he's got the athleticism and length that everyone looks for in an NFL pass rusher.

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duffman57 wrote:
I am, and i know LBC is a big fan of this guy. He's really good off the snap, long and athletic. He's got pass rushing potential on pass rushing potential. He's definitely got to refine his hands and gain some more pass rush moves, but he's got the athleticism and length that everyone looks for in an NFL pass rusher.

Very interesting, thanks for the feedback. When I came across the article about him possibly declaring, I must admit I hadn't heard anything previously about him although I haven't had an opportunity to watch many Kentucky games.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!
jshowers

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my first look at Dupree today. Have to say, not that impressed...

Very easily neutralized at the LOS and doesn't continue to fight when he loses the initial engagement.
IvyLeague

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only saw the two games available on draftbreakdown, but I definitely like this kid.

Has the look of a potential Day 1 pick. Very explosive and athletic for his size (6'4"/267). Impressive first step. And he was better in the run game than I thought he'd be. Definitely needs to work on using his hands but overall I thought he was pretty stout at the POA. Made some nice plays chasing from the backside.

If the measurables check out and he has another productive season, he should be a Top 50 pick with a chance to go much higher.
jshowers

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#WorkoutWarrior
Duffman57

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jshowers wrote:
#WorkoutWarrior

I know that you dont see it, but even though his handwork is awful, he flashes a really powerful punch. He's never going to be a technique guy, but has shown the ability to beat guys off the edge, and some ability to convert that to power.

He's definitely got some work to do, but damn the guy has a crazy amount of potential.

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duffman57 wrote:
jshowers wrote:
#WorkoutWarrior

I know that you dont see it, but even though his handwork is awful, he flashes a really powerful punch. He's never going to be a technique guy, but has shown the ability to beat guys off the edge, and some ability to convert that to power.

He's definitely got some work to do, but damn the guy has a crazy amount of potential.

Agreed. If you look at the draftbreakdown for vandy, at 1:36 he shows some incredible burst off of the line. If he can develop his technique this year, he could definitely be a day 1 or early day 2 pick imo. This edge rusher crop is absolutely awesome.
IvyLeague

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That burst

IvyLeague

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much exclusively a speed rusher right now, but once he develops an inside counter move, he's going to be a terror. Lower body flexibility and plays with very good leverage.
JCap

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's one of those guys that I think you should be drafted towards the end of round 1 to a team with an already established defense like Seattle, SF or Arizona.

I wouldn't want him in the first 15 or 20 picks.
G08

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wanted to give this a bump... what do you consider his ceiling in this draft? Top 10? I've heard rumblings of Atlanta being interested in him.

"I thought it was a stroke of genius. You give [Pace] an A++++ for the move to get Trubisky. That was magnificient." - Bill Polian
NewAge

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
Wanted to give this a bump... what do you consider his ceiling in this draft? Top 10? I've heard rumblings of Atlanta being interested in him.

Real shot the Jets take him at 6.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
Adding to Newage, I think he goes at 6 to the Jets. According to reports, his size is a better fit for Bowles scheme than a guy like Beasley.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good chance Dante and Beasley go 3 and 5 in some order, which means the Jets taking Dupree at 6.

If he gets past the Jets, though, I think he slides out the top 10, with the Saints at 13 being a possible landing spot.

If the top 5 picks are the Winston, Leonard Williams, Dante, Beasley and either Mariota or one of the wideouts then the Jets could look to trade back a few spots and still land Dupree but there's no guarantee they can find a dance partner.

Fify.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: