Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 13 GDT New England @ Houston
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:
Schaub was having a terrible year, but he's a pro bowl MVP QB. Case is an 0-6 undrafted QB who has gotten great play from our D and has done nothing with it. We would have gone 3-3 over the last 6 games with a healthy Schuab

You can't judge a QB's play by wins/loses.

Case actually had better numbers vs the Pats yesterday compared to Peyton Manning last week. Case wasnt the reason why we lost the game yesterday. Receivers didnt help him out in the 2nd half and our secondary is a freaking joke. You cant possibly blame Keenum for that.

FTR, I dont even think Keenum is a franchise QB contrary to UH homers I know, but there is no doubt he can be a solid backup for some team.

Just as you can't judge a QB by wins/loses, you can't by stats either....
Jaytrajik

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:
Schaub was having a terrible year, but he's a pro bowl MVP QB. Case is an 0-6 undrafted QB who has gotten great play from our D and has done nothing with it. We would have gone 3-3 over the last 6 games with a healthy Schuab

You can't judge a QB's play by wins/loses.

Case actually had better numbers vs the Pats yesterday compared to Peyton Manning last week. Case wasnt the reason why we lost the game yesterday. Receivers didnt help him out in the 2nd half and our secondary is a freaking joke. You cant possibly blame Keenum for that.

FTR, I dont even think Keenum is a franchise QB contrary to UH homers I know, but there is no doubt he can be a solid backup for some team.

Just as you can't judge a QB by wins/loses, you can't by stats either....

Eye ball test tells me that at this point in time, Case is a better QB than Schaub and I don't even think it's debatable.

"I don't always throw a TD pass but when i do, it's to the wrong team" - The most interesting man in Houston #8
MeloTuloMarsh

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to come in and say I wish you guys had won. I haven't seen too many of your games, mostly this one and the chiefs game, and I think you're underrated. I like the way Keenum plays, he displays a lot of confidence. But he's gotta get it done late in the game. Both games I've watched at the end you're going back and forth with the opponent, and things just seem to crumble on your final drive. I'm really interested in what this offseason brings for you guys
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do yall make of Antonio's comments after the game?

I have a few thoughts/ideas

1) It was just Tone being Tone

2) He's brain washed that our coaching staff is good, and is shocked when other teams make adjustments in game and during halftime.

3) It was a back handed stab at the coaching staff that we don't make adjustments while other teams do

4) He's just trollin America, because ESPN is calling is Spygate 2? Stephan A is ripping Tone for even bring this up and much more
Grachuus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
What do yall make of Antonio's comments after the game?

I have a few thoughts/ideas

1) It was just Tone being Tone

2) He's brain washed that our coaching staff is good, and is shocked when other teams make adjustments in game and during halftime.

3) It was a back handed stab at the coaching staff that we don't make adjustments while other teams do

4) He's just trollin America, because ESPN is calling is Spygate 2? Stephan A is ripping Tone for even bring this up and much more

I think the ESPN stuff is kind of funny since he used a plural with teams, don't you? It's more obnoxious than anything now with news as it is. Hey let's get ratings by twisting a players words guys!!11!

I really felt like it was mostly 3. If it wasn't I really fear for his mental health. He really that goofy a dude? Whole thing is peculiar for sure.

Mark Twain wrote:
Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination.

QBvsDefensiveQuality
treece300e

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The silver lining of this loss, aside from the obvious draft position implications, is that some of our younger guys seemed to play pretty well.

Swearinger has played very well the past few weeks, aside from that ugly missed tackle against Jennings. He looks good in coverage and is starting to make big TFLs. I really like what he's been showing.'

Harris made some pretty good plays during very important scenarios. His PBU on that 3rd and short was good coverage, no PI (rare for him), and I saw some other good things from him as well.

Eddie Pleasant actually demonstrated some pretty solid coverage skills as well. Perhaps he'll show enough to start pushing Shiloh off the roster.

Hopkins was able to stretch the field a bit more. I still don't know if our QBs look to Andre so often because he's a stud that's always open, or because our other WRs are covered.
Grachuus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treece300e wrote:
The silver lining of this loss, aside from the obvious draft position implications, is that some of our younger guys seemed to play pretty well.

Swearinger has played very well the past few weeks, aside from that ugly missed tackle against Jennings. He looks good in coverage and is starting to make big TFLs. I really like what he's been showing.'

Harris made some pretty good plays during very important scenarios. His PBU on that 3rd and short was good coverage, no PI (rare for him), and I saw some other good things from him as well.

Eddie Pleasant actually demonstrated some pretty solid coverage skills as well. Perhaps he'll show enough to start pushing Shiloh off the roster.

Hopkins was able to stretch the field a bit more. I still don't know if our QBs look to Andre so often because he's a stud that's always open, or because our other WRs are covered.

Were a couple plays against Gronk I think Pleasant was really on top of his stuff. I was impressed.

Mark Twain wrote:
Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination.

QBvsDefensiveQuality
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm listening to sports talk, and Wade Smith being pulled got brought up. When did this happen, and was Jones the plug in?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: