Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Battle for the #1 Seed: Hawks vs Saints on MNF
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Seahawks Player of the Game?
Russell Wilson
38%
 38%  [ 5 ]
Marshawn Lynch
38%
 38%  [ 5 ]
Percy Harvin
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
Earl Thomas
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Richard Sherman
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 13

klyon7634

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finchy wrote:
Quote:
Seattle Seahawks ‏@Seahawks

Pete Carroll says WR Percy Harvin (hip) will be listed as Doubtful heading into Monday's game against the Saints. #NOvsSEA #MNF

Rolling Eyes

Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange

#JDI
Jazzaloha

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ring Worm Sherm wrote:
I haven't watched much saints football, I'm not saying they're bad or overrated, but some have them as the best team in football when they're not.

The reason I think they're one of the best teams is because, next to the Seahawks, they're the most balanced team in the league. They can beat you in a variety of ways. They would still have a good chance of beating anyone, even if you take away one aspect of their game.

They have Brees, and a defense that can win games for them--either by generation turnovers or shutting down an offense. Any defense that can get good pressure with only four pass rushers is going to be formidable--and I've seen this team do this. Ryan will also uses blitzes effectively as well.

Quote:
Also, I think Russell Wilson should be considered a top 5 QB right now. I don't see why not.

In my book, he is. Indeed, I wouldn't choose another QB over him--but I think that's because I'm not heavily basing this judgment on stats. If you do that, then he's not a top 5 QB. But, in my opinion, you have to factor in the pass protection he's had for much of the season; the fact that the team is run-oriented--these things hurt his stats--but they don't mean he's not one of the best QBs in the league. (I don't think Troy Aikman always had eye-popping stats on those Super Bowl teams, either.) And while the poor pass protection may have hurt his offensive numbers, I think the way he handled it demonstrates why he's one of the best in the game.

Finally, there's his poise and ability to make plays in the big moments. Personally, I feel like he's the best in that regard. I'd take him over Brady, Peyton, Luck, and Flacco. It's closer with Brees, Big Ben, Rodgers--but I think I'd give Wilson the edge, with regard to the ability to create in big moments.

Edit:

By the way, my sense is that this Saints team is better than the one that won the Super Bowl--at least from what I remember of that team. That team didn't seem as balanced--both offensively and defensively. They're more high-risk/high-reward team. They passed the ball a ton, and only ran as a change-up. And I think that defense depended heavily on blitzes to be effective. I don't completely trust my memory, but that's what I remember.

This year's offense is more balanced. I feel like they can and will eat up the clock, versus just look to always put up a lot of points. The defense doesn't have to rely so much on blitzing and creating turnovers, either.
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ring Worm Sherm wrote:
navysaintsfan wrote:
Ring Worm Sherm wrote:
They're not nearly as good as some people think.

That would mean you haven't watched much Saints football.

Anyway, I marked this game off on the calendar beginning of the season as a loss. I don't think anyone is going into Seattle and winning this season, same with the Superdome. But anything can happen. Seattle's secondary had better be on point, because it is not the pass rush that rattles the pass game, but physical CBs and Safeties that get good jams on the Saints WRs and TEs to disrupt the pass rhythm of Brees and co. Our D has been playing terrific this season and the run D has been steadily picking up the last few games...but I am sure Lynch has left nightmares for many of the defenders who remember that one run. Seattle itself will be the biggest factor in this game. Cold and wind may be the hardest factor for Brees to beat, let alone some of the best fans in the NFL screaming in arguably the loudest outdoor stadium. Will be a terrific match up. Saints have a shot of winning this game, but I don't think it is a very good one.

And for the record, I still say that Russell Wilson will be considered a top 5 QB in the NFL within the next 3 years. I love the kid, everything I would want from a young QB.

I haven't watched much saints football, I'm not saying they're bad or overrated, but some have them as the best team in football when they're not. The best team doesnt lose to the Geno Smith led Jets. They have not played a team of Seattle's caliber and are in for a wake up call. Also, I think Russell Wilson should be considered a top 5 QB right now. I don't see why not.

We didn't lose to a Geno smith led Jets team. He only completed 8 passes all game long. We lost to a Chris Ivory led Jets team who decided to go off on his former team for almost 200 yards. And a defense led Jets team who got 2 costly turnovers. Geno had no impact on that game, he had a ~40% completion.

Saints
LSU
Pelicans

AD 4 MVP!

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan:
Joseph Morgan
Pie Romania

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

klyon7634 wrote:
Finchy wrote:
Quote:

Pete Carroll says WR Percy Harvin (hip) will be listed as Doubtful heading into Monday's game against the Saints. #NOvsSEA #MNF

Rolling Eyes

Maybe instead of having so many posts just using the eye roll smiley, you could actually add something to the conversation? Just a thought.

A few weeks ago, I felt we'd blow the Saints out at home. Now, if we show up on our A game, we'll win. Any less and I'm unsure. Wilson always finds a way to keep things close, even on our off days. I'll say 27-23, Hawks...
Dools=hawks

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pie Romania wrote:
klyon7634 wrote:
Finchy wrote:
Quote:

Rolling Eyes

Maybe instead of having so many posts just using the eye roll smiley, you could actually add something to the conversation? Just a thought.

A few weeks ago, I felt we'd blow the Saints out at home. Now, if we show up on our A game, we'll win. Any less and I'm unsure. Wilson always finds a way to keep things close, even on our off days. I'll say 27-23, Hawks...

Rolling Eyes

WINTER IS COMING
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dools=hawks wrote:
Pie Romania wrote:
klyon7634 wrote:
Finchy wrote:
Quote:

Rolling Eyes

Rolling Eyes
Stop this. You're better than this.

Guys, if you have a complaint, message me about it please.

Gents, Pie Romania also brings up a fair point. There needs to be substance behind a post. An eye-roll is post padding in the most basic sense as is just quoting someone.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
klyon7634

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus Christ now Pie is crying about me putting one eye roll.

First he gets the Paul Walker thread locked and now he is crying in here.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

#JDI
Pie Romania

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

klyon7634 wrote:

How are you going to say I'm "Crying" when you admitted to crying in the Paul Walker thread? Really? You're actually going to try to use that same thing against me when you've been called on it already?

Anyway, I knew my comment wouldn't go without a little drama, however, this isn't the first time he's posted only a smiley face for a response. Seems like it's at LEAST 1/3rd of his posts. I don't have the same complaint for anyone else in this forum, so it's an isolated issue from what I've seen.

And since I don't want to sidetrack and keep this on topic (as I still contributed with my other post), this is obviously a vital game for both teams tomorrow night. I really hope they can come out and make a statement in front of the country and drop a 50 burger on the Saints while keeping them under 20. Highly doubtful though.
klyon7634

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pie Romania wrote:
klyon7634 wrote:

How are you going to say I'm "Crying" when you admitted to crying in the Paul Walker thread? Really? You're actually going to try to use that same thing against me when you've been called on it already?

Anyway, I knew my comment wouldn't go without a little drama, however, this isn't the first time he's posted only a smiley face for a response. Seems like it's at LEAST 1/3rd of his posts. I don't have the same complaint for anyone else in this forum, so it's an isolated issue from what I've seen.

And since I don't want to sidetrack and keep this on topic (as I still contributed with my other post), this is obviously a vital game for both teams tomorrow night. I really hope they can come out and make a statement in front of the country and drop a 50 burger on the Saints while keeping them under 20. Highly doubtful though.

1/3 of my posts? Da fuq are you talking about.

Yes occasionally I post just a Laughing if something is funny or a Rolling Eyes if a comment is stupid. I almost always have something to say along with emoji. So because I have done a few times the last few days that means it's 1/3 of my posts? Great Logic

We were having a completely civil conversation in the PW death thread and then you come in complaining that people are sad about it. Get real.

Im done arguing here.

#JDI
Pie Romania

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

klyon7634 wrote:
Pie Romania wrote:
klyon7634 wrote:

Yes occasionally I post just a Laughing if something is funny or a Rolling Eyes if a comment is stupid. I almost always have something to say along with emoji. So because I have done a few times the last few days that means it's 1/3 of my posts? Great Logic

We were having a completely civil conversation in the PW death thread and then you come in complaining that people are sad about it. Get real.

Im done arguing here.

I was genuinely curious. I'm not arguing, but I'll stop as well. My original comment wasn't to hurt your feelings...it was to try to get the single emoticons to stop because it disturbs the flow of the conversation, much like this side-talk has, but I've been trying to keep it on-topic at the same time.

So with that said, I think the player of the game will be Doug Baldwin. Hell, it could be almost any receiver as I don't think much of the Saints secondary.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

klyon7634 wrote:
Pie Romania wrote:
klyon7634 wrote:

Im done arguing here.
This is a warning for circumnavigating the language filter among other things.

This thread will be locked until tomorrow if you guys can't be civil!

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
klyon7634

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pie Romania wrote:
klyon7634 wrote:
Pie Romania wrote:
klyon7634 wrote:

Im done arguing here.

I was genuinely curious. I'm not arguing, but I'll stop as well. My original comment wasn't to hurt your feelings...it was to try to get the single emoticons to stop because it disturbs the flow of the conversation, much like this side-talk has, but I've been trying to keep it on-topic at the same time.

So with that said, I think the player of the game will be Doug Baldwin. Hell, it could be almost any receiver as I don't think much of the Saints secondary.

Well your not a Mod so stop trying to act like one.

#JDI

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: