Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My Arizona Cardinals Top 20 2014 Draft Big Board

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IAmPacman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: My Arizona Cardinals Top 20 2014 Draft Big Board Reply with quote

I have put into account the Cardinals needs for certain positions. That means I may think one player is better than another but their ranking on the big board may vary because of their position Very Happy

1. Teddy Bridgewater // QB Louisville - Quite simply the best QB and overall player in this draft.
2. Jadaveon Clowney // DE South Carolina - A nightmare for opposing defenses to cover. Best pass rusher in this class.
3. Anthony Barr // OLB UCLA - I think he has the biggest upside out of any player in the draft. His speed off the edge is just insane.
4. Jake Matthews // OT Texas A&M - As complete of an OT as there is in this draft.
5. Derek Carr // QB Fresno State - Yes I am this high on Carr. The perfect fit for Bruce's scheme. Would be a dream to see him as the Cards' QB.
6. Khalil Mack // OLB Buffalo - He's just strong. The most complete OLB coming out of this year's class imo.
7. Cyrus Kouandjio // OT Alabama- Cardinals need a player on the offensive line as dominant as Cyrus is. Him and Cooper together Shocked
8. HaHa Clinton-Dix // S Alabama - The only true ball hawk coming out of this year's class. Cardinals can't go wrong with adding yet another beast on defense.
9. Taylor Lewan // OT Michigan - His character issues do concern me but I don't think Arians will take any BS. His this high on my board because of his skill. I'm confident that Keim and Arians will know through the interviews if they should stay away.
10. Cameron Erving // OT Florida State - The consensus seems to be that this is the most likely pick the Cardinals will end up with. This is a solid pick the Cardinals can't go wrong with.
11. Blake Bortles // QB UCF - Let the Bortles Hype Train keep on rolling!!! Bortles may be a 2nd round pick or a top 15 pick. Either way I think he presents a lot of upside with his only real flaw being his deep ball (sorry Bruce Sad )
12. Louis Nix // DT Notre Dame - I don't think DT is really much of a need for the Cardinals but I wouldn't mind him at all on our D-line.
13. Trent Murphy // OLB Stanford - He seems to be in on every tackle. He's just a solid player that does everything right.
14. Ra'Shede Hageman // DT Minnesota - He's emerged as what some believe is the top DT in this year's class but I still think Nix is the safer pick.
15. Cyril Richardson // OG Baylor - Cardinals need all the help they can get on the offensive line. It may be somewhat anticlimactic for the Cards take another OG in the first round but Ellington running behind Cooper and Richardson is a nice thought.
16. Jason Verrett // CB TCU - Maybe the second or third round would be the better spot for the Cards take a corner but this wouldn't be a bad pick imo.
17. Kyle Van Noy // OLB BYU - He's not spectacular at anything but he's just good at everything. He has really nice instincts and is always around the ball. He's like a Tyrann Mathieu at OLB.
18. Sammy Watkins // WR Clemson - I bet he is top 5 on a lot of boards but he is this low because the Cardinals do not need to take a WR in the first round. It would be interesting to see what his speed could do in Bruce's offensive scheme though.
19. Antonio Richardson // OT Tennesee - Can't go wrong with this pick.
20. Ifo Ekpre-Olomu // CB Oregon - Him opposite PP21 is a nice thought.
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post is a good idea.

Why dont you refine it to a big board for our first round pick, in the mid 20s.

We have no chance at drafting the first 4 players.

Also, Verrett is way too high for me, no way he is higher than Ekpre.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:
This post is a good idea.

Why dont you refine it to a big board for our first round pick, in the mid 20s.

We have no chance at drafting the first 4 players.

Also, Verrett is way too high for me, no way he is higher than Ekpre.

Yea I was thinking about doing that. I just wanted to create a big board regardless of if the Cards have a chance at getting any of the players.
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That being said, what would you offer to get to say pick 6?

In the case that one of the players we wanted fell to that spot?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:
That being said, what would you offer to get to say pick 6?

In the case that one of the players we wanted fell to that spot?

Hmmm good question. I think the only players as of right now that would be worth trading all the way up to 6 to take would be anyone in the top 6 lol. Unless any of these players do something bad to hurt their stock, most likely Bridgewater, Clowney, Barr and probably Matthews will all be gone.

Not too long ago Atlanta traded up to the 6th overall pick in the 2011 Draft. They traded:

First Round Pick (27)
Second Round Pick (59)
Fourth Round Pick (124)
First Round Pick Next Year
Fourth Round Pick Next Year

Even though the Cardinals may not have the 27th overall pick in the draft they may hold around the 20th overall pick which isn't too far off. IMO Atlanta gave up way too much for Julio. I don't even know if his career production can make up for all of the picks they surrendered. There is no player in this draft that I would give that much up for. I just can't think of any situation where a huge trade for a single player in the draft has worked out for the team that gave up all of their picks.

But if Carr or Mack are on the board by then this is the most I would be willing to give up for them:

First Round Pick This Year
Second Rounder This Year
Third Rounder Next Year

Is there any team in the 6-10 picks that would accept that? Probably not. I bet they can get better offers from other teams. I'd seriously be surprised if the Cards made a big trade to jump up that far. The most I'd see us trading up in the first round is 5 spots. If we were to trade up it'd be for a QB or a pass rusher (most likely QB). I don't see us trading up for an OT but who knows.
mtdowner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Julio Jones is a great player but I think that trade really set that franchise back. They've dealt with some injuries and their lack of depth (possibly from trading away so many picks) has really hurt them.

Only guy I would consider completing a trade like that would be for Bridgewater. And even for him I would be hesitant.
IAmPacman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtdowner wrote:
Julio Jones is a great player but I think that trade really set that franchise back. They've dealt with some injuries and their lack of depth (possibly from trading away so many picks) has really hurt them.

Only guy I would consider completing a trade like that would be for Bridgewater. And even for him I would be hesitant.

yup 100% agree

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: