Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DJ Fka's way too early mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
apollo14000

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd recommend Caruan Reid DE from Princeton over Chickillo. Better size, better fit as a 3-4 DE, and higher ceiling.
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh no tackles in their, but we are doing ok with Sowell and with Cooper back I think we are ok, Arians scheme is starting to shine through, trying to be positive

also there wasn't a decent LT to draft the way the mock fell out, so I went bpa who ended up all d early on

I still like MCCarron, he can through deep ball, just never required too as much as everyone else, the way our team is built he just needs not to make mistakes, system will take care of the rest, look at Palmer in last few weeks
apollo14000

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:
also there wasn't a decent LT to draft the way the mock fell out, so I went bpa who ended up all d early on

Billy Turner LT from North Dakota State is a guy I like a lot. Plenty of athleticism, size and strength to play both tackle positions and any scheme. He's raw with technique but he's quick, strong, and aggressive. Very similar to a guy drafted in the 3rd round last year Terron Armstead.

Replace him with Fulton in the 4th round and this is a good draft for me.
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can honestly say i have never heard of that guy.

Fair enough, consider it done Smile
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VERSION 3.0

Now that we know we are picking #20 overall, here is the 3rd instalment, I am making the assumption that we have resigned everyone we wanted too and brought in no FA to fill any holes as we don't have the cash.

Round 1
TRADE
Sitting at 20 we are flooded with offers for teams wanting to trade up to get falling players. With all our top targets gone, we fall back 4 or 5 spots and pick up another third for our troubles. We then take with our later mid 20s pick Zach Martin OT Notre Dame, who would have been a reach at 20, but is ok value at 26 or so. Either playing LT/RT or moving to guard he is a good addition to the team.

Round 2
TRADE
Taking our 2nd rounder and the third we got above, we move up to around 40 and grab Darqueze Denard to go opposite PP for years, good hands and solid tackler, good value (There is actually about 3 -4 CBs that would be available here (depending on selections) that I would take, DD just happens to be the one I select for this mock)

Round 3
BPA takes over here and we grab a falling player:
James Hurst OT North Carolina
Played next to Cooper and is very nimble on his feet, broke his leg in the bowl so wont be able to train or test it seems to after the draft, a steal here, as he should go first 2 rounds. Could be our RT or LT of the future. With Martin as well, we have options for both sides of the line moving forward

Round 4
Craig Loston S LSU
We go back to LSU again this draft and grab a SS to play next to the Badger. Good size and range at 6'2 210, not a star, but is solid.

Round 5
Kenny Shaw WR FSU
Small slot WR for us, fearless across the middle, returns punts and kicks as well, excellent hands for a 4th WR or 5th on the roster.

Round 6
Aaron Lynch OLB/DE South Florida
Played really well as a freshman at ND, got homesick and transferred back to home, was a super recruit and would be Clowney had he put it all together. Potential through the roof, worth a flier at this point. 5 sacks and 12 TFL in 2013, be it playing very badly.

Round 7
Gone to Oakland as part of Palmer trade.

Thoughts?
mtdowner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the Dennard and Loston picks. But I personally think Aaron Lynch is worth a solid 2nd round pick and is way too talented to last til the 6th.
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In an dig it, but I doubt Dennard is even there at 20

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im in the process of making my mock draft but i'm still unsure whether or not to mock a QB. Any ideas?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
im in the process of making my mock draft but i'm still unsure whether or not to mock a QB. Any ideas?

Not this year

It is palmer's team in 2014
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also we have Stanton who we are paying 3 mil a year or something, solid number 2 QB
apollo14000

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:

Not this year

It is palmer's team in 2014

I wouldn't mind passing on a QB this year. My plan would be to trade our 2nd round pick this year for a 2015 1st round pick that way we have the ammo to maneuver up in the draft to get the QB we like. It's gonna be hard to find our franchise guy if we're picking in the 20's again next year.
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats DJ!!

The Rebuild Has Begun...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: