Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Offseason 2014

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stl_rams_fan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Mock Offseason 2014 Reply with quote

Free Agent Signings:
As much as I want the Rams to draft a WR like Evans or Watkins, I don’t see it happening. Also, we all know how long it can take for a WR to develop in the NFL (see Tavon Austin). The Rams need an immediate playmaker at WR for 2014. While guys like Quick and Givens are also still developing, signing a free agent wide receiver would be a huge boost to the offense. Taking one of these guys for a 1-3 year contract wouldn’t be too expensive . I could see us signing 1 of 3 guys:
Kenny Britt - monster potential, and another one of Fisher's old guys. He obviously doesn’t like it in Tennessee and could find himself in St. Louis
Jeremy Maclin - super fast, makes quick cuts, hometown kid. Coming of an ACL injury we could land him cheap
Hakeem Nicks - the Giants made the decision of Cruz over Nicks so I am gonna bet he wont be going back to New York. Also coming of a below-average season, we could have a nice chance of signing him

Resigns:
JoLonn Dubar
Chris Williams
Tim Barnes
Kendal Langford

Departures:
Rodger Saffold
Cortland Finnegan

Team needs pre-draft (out of 10):
OT - 9
Safety- 9
CB - 5
OLB - 5
Developmental QB - 6
DT - 4
#1 WR - 6

*I updated the draft because I did realize that most of the picks were unrealistic. But this is more of a wishlist, They are positions that I think we need to fill and guys that I could see dropping to us*

2014 NFL Draft

Round 1 #5 - Jake Matthews - OT - Texas A&M: the guy every team wants, franchise tackle
Round 1 #15 - HaSean Clinton-Dix - S - Alabama: Ball-hawking safety and a huge need for the team
Round 2 #44 - Darqueze Dennard - CB - Michigan State: very athletic corner who is vey good in the run game
Round 3 #75 - Morgan Moses - OT - Virginia: another young tackle to develop behind long
Round 4 - Anthony Johnson - DT - LSU: great versatile DT, reminds me of Brockers a lot
Round 5 - Boseko Lokombo - OLB - Oregon: fast, athletic linebacker to sit behind Dunbar for a year or 2
Round 6 - Connor Shaw - QB - South Carolina: athletic, good potential. Just needs to work on his accuracy and choices
Round 7 - Gator Hoskins - FB - Marshall: big hard-knosed runner to lead Stacy through the hole

Undrafted free agents:
- Marcus Golden - DT - Mizzou
- Ronald Powell - OLB - Florida
- Keon Lyn - CB - Syracuse
- LaDamian Washington - WR - Mizzou

Team Needs after the draft:
#1 WR - 7
safety - 3

Starters Rookies

QB: Sam Bradford / Kellen Clemmons / Connor Shaw
RB: Zac Stacy / Benny Cunningham / Daryl Richardson
FB: Gator Hoskins
WR X: Free Agent WR / Chris Givens / LaDamian Washington
WR Y: Brian Quick / Austin pettis / Stedman Bailey
WR Z: Tavon Austin
LT: Jake Long / Morgan Moses
LG: Chris Williams
C: Scott Wells / Tim Barnes
RG: Harvey Dahl
RT: Jake Matthews
TE 1: Jared Cook / Lance Kendricks

DT: Michael Brockers / Marcus Golden
DT: Anthony Johnson / Kendall Langford
DE: Robert Quinn
DE: Chris Long
MLB: James Lauranitus
OLB: Alec Ogletree / Ronald Powell
OLB: Jo-Lonn Dunbar / Bosesko Lokombo
FS: Haha Clinton-DIx
SS: TJ McDonald
CB: Janoris Jenkins / Keon Lyn
CB: Darqueze Dennard / Trumain Johnson

Last edited by stl_rams_fan on Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:57 am; edited 3 times in total
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a chance McCarron or Richardson last that long.

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Jameis Winston
3. Brett Hundley
Brodie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have people not watch Britt this year? The guy is horrible this year. He isnt even worth anything more than the vet minimum at the moment

Rather try to steal Boldin from SF, dude has got hands that were crafted by the football gods

Adopt-A-Ram

Alec Ogeltree 109 combinded tackles, 1.5 sacks, 6 FF, 10 stuffs, 9 PD, 1 Int 1td.
IAmPacman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really don't see Sutton falling that far. I know his size is a concern but that shouldn't cause him to fall that far down...
Rams4eva92

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extremely unrealistic draft. I do like the fact of bring Maclin in. He was very excited to play in STL in the home opener a couple of years ago. I think it would be easy to lure him back home. He would be the perfect sure handed intermediate route we are losing. I could see Bradford and Maclin connect perfectly. Maclin seems to be the reciever Bradford is good with. I hope we really pursue him this offseason.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brodie wrote:
Have people not watch Britt this year? The guy is horrible this year. He isnt even worth anything more than the vet minimum at the moment

Rather try to steal Boldin from SF, dude has got hands that were crafted by the football gods

I'm not trying to make an excuse for Britt, as he hasn't been good when on the field. To be fair though, he's pretty much been written off by the Titans this entire year. He's really not getting the targets needed to make an impact...

He's got a track record of production in a run based offense and a familiarity with Fisher. He makes some sense here...

Would I love to have Boldin over him, absolutely. However, there is gonna be a bigger market for him and he's likely to get a bigger/longer deal. Not something I see the Rams doing at the WR spot...

IDOG_det on the sig...
RIP "El Fenomeno" - Oscar Taveras
iRaMs

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Connor Shaw? Yuck.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: