Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

knowshon moreno
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Winder23

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
Luckily its just an ankle bruise for Knowshon.

Where is that "I was wrong" thread. I would love to jump in there and confess that I was wrong about Knowshon Moreno. This guy like hit puberty after being benched last year. He's a full on man nows. He runs hard, he drives through piles, and last night in overtime despite being obviously hobbled, he got his butt back in the game after one play off. Guy has manned up in a huge way, and I'm proud of him. I wrote him off, as a player and as a teammate. I was wrong to do that.
Well said. Most of us were wrong. Jersey deserves some praise. Stand by your man JF27.

Despite this I think they should sit him out this week. See how Manning does without his security blanket. One of the three has to step up.... right..... crickets........
rhuston

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There have been many experts on here using words like "complete trash" to define Moreno. I remember a post I made a while back saying that he was similar to McFadden in production and I got blasted by Raider and "expert" Broncos fans alike.

I will admit that he has under performed as a player since being drafted but when healthy he has done an ok job. Some people really show their true colors when launching attacks. I am sure many on this board are using father time to distance themselves from past comments but those statements still ring clear today.
ThePrimeTime12

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
lets lighten up on Ball a bit.

He ran the ball quite well. The fumble he lost was not on a running play, but on a screen pass that should never, ever have been called or thrown.

That was without a doubt one of the most ridiculous play calls I've ever heard of.

Earlier in the game, Montee Ball got a 1st down on a screen pass that was 3rd and 20. Montee has just done a horrible job taking care of the ball. I don't think anyone expected this to be a problem with him in the NFL considering how great he was at ball security in college. It just goes to show you that what a player does in the NCAA is almost meaningless as to what he does in the NFL.

If Hillman gets deactivated for a month for fumbling the ball twice this season (only losing one) then Ball should be deactivated or sent to the 3rd string for fumbling the ball three times this season, four if they counted the Chiefs one which they didn't for some reason.

I think Hillman is going to be what Moreno was for this team last season. A guy that was deactivated for fumbling but then when the starting RB goes out, he takes over. Luckily, Moreno looks like his injury would only take him out for one game while McGahee's injury was until the AFC Championship game which we missed.

^^ Joe_is_the_best on the sig
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moreno is proof that players can turn around ball security problems too. I remember that was one of his biggest problems a year ago.

MUFC OK
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
Moreno is proof that players can turn around ball security problems too. I remember that was one of his biggest problems a year ago.

I think its more than just ball security though. The biggest turnaround from Knowshon this year that I've seen, compared to years previous, has been his patience. He's trusting his linemen more to open holes for him, instead of pressing the hole before its there.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fumbling is an issue that can be addressed, Adrian Peterson had fumbling problems as a young player, as did Tomlinson. Its not fair to expect Hillman to do what Moreno has done this year, Moreno's production this year has more to do with him working hard and learning from Manning. The coaching staff did everything they could to give the job to ball or hillman. I wouldnt be surprised if we see a different side of hillman next year that runs harder and takes care of the ball, but i think we will also see similar growth with ball with a year of struggle under his belt. I think even if we let Moreno walk this offseason that our backfield is in good hands. Notice, none of these complaints about our young RBs are about their ability to run, its all about ball security and pass protection.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThePrimeTime12 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
lets lighten up on Ball a bit.

He ran the ball quite well. The fumble he lost was not on a running play, but on a screen pass that should never, ever have been called or thrown.

That was without a doubt one of the most ridiculous play calls I've ever heard of.

Earlier in the game, Montee Ball got a 1st down on a screen pass that was 3rd and 20. .

Okay, I know for sure you're not comparing those two calls, right? I mean, we all know football is "situational" right?

I love some screen calls. On 3rd and 20 it's a good call. Decent chance to get around linemen who are rushing upfield.

On 2nd and 6 when your previous 5 plays have been runs averaging 6 yards each, probably an absolutely idiotic call. Everybody on the "D" is staying at home trying to contain the RB. It's not going to fool anyone, ever!

Just my 2 cents. Very Happy
XavierHenry

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
XavierHenry wrote:
Moreno did not practice today.

I have Moreno and Ball on my fantasy team. Who should I start?

CJ Anderson

You guys think I should start CJ or Ronnie over Ball even tho Denver likes to use Ball near the goaline?

x0x wrote:
I think Bradford will be out of the league within 4 seasons
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XavierHenry wrote:
elliot878 wrote:
XavierHenry wrote:

CJ Anderson

You guys think I should start CJ or Ronnie over Ball even tho Denver likes to use Ball near the goaline?
Its an inside joke around here. I'd start Moreno.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
XavierHenry wrote:
elliot878 wrote:
XavierHenry wrote:

CJ Anderson

Yeah but what if he's out? Then who?

x0x wrote:
I think Bradford will be out of the league within 4 seasons
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XavierHenry wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
XavierHenry wrote:
elliot878 wrote:
XavierHenry wrote:

CJ Anderson

Ball

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XavierHenry wrote:
elliot878 wrote:
XavierHenry wrote:

CJ Anderson

CJ could be a good goaline back. We have never seen him there but he seems to have the size and physicality to do so. The issue with CJ is his lack of knowledge in the playbook. He has looked clueless out there although he has ran the ball pretty well when given the chance. The best advice is to not have any Denver RB on your FF team except for Moreno.

^^ Joe_is_the_best on the sig
7DnBrnc53

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
lomaxgr wrote:

I think its more than just ball security though. The biggest turnaround from Knowshon this year that I've seen, compared to years previous, has been his patience. He's trusting his linemen more to open holes for him, instead of pressing the hole before its there.

Well, you have to remember that Knowshon didn't have too many holes his rookie year. He was always getting ambushed in the backfield because McStupid was trying to do power blocking with a zone line.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XavierHenry wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
XavierHenry wrote:
elliot878 wrote:
XavierHenry wrote:

CJ Anderson

He practiced today. He wont be out.

However, to just answer your question, its Montee Ball.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully Hillman can have the same turnaround as Moreno did, ever since he was inactive last season he's had a completely different attitude and I think he realized this was his last chance.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: