Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Louis Delmas26's First 2013-2014 Full Mock Off-Season

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you like if the Detroit Lions had this offseason?
Yes
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
No
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 3

Louis Delmas26

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Louis Delmas26's First 2013-2014 Full Mock Off-Season Reply with quote

Re-Sign -

RB - Joique Bell (3 yr, $6 mil)

CB/S - Don Carey (2 yr, $1.75 mil)

WR - Kris Durham (2 yr, $1.5 mil)

OT - Jason Fox (1 yr, $750K)

QB - Shaun Hill (1 yr, $2 mil)

TE - Brandon Pettigrew (2 yr, $5 mil)

C - Dominic Raiola (2 yr, $4 mil)

S - John Wendling (1 yr, $750K)

DE - Willie Young (3 yr, $4.5 mil)

Restructure -

WR - Nate Burelson (2 yr, $3 mil) (move saved $4 mil next year)

Free Agent Signings -

FB - Michael Robinson, Seattle Seahawks (1 yr, $1 mil)

Michael Robinson is a great fullback who is getting a little old, but age generally does not effect the fullback position as it does other positions. Robinson has experience at QB,RB,FB, and on Special Teams. He is versatile and should help the Lions out mainly as a lead blocker.

RB/KR/PR - Darius Reynard, Tennessee Titans (1 yr, $750K)

Darius Reynard is a shifty speed back, who has excelled at returning kicks and punts over the last few years. I would love to add him as our return man, and our shifty back in case of a Reggie Bush injury.

WR - Danario Alexander, Free Agent (2 yr, $2 mil)

Danario Alexander as most of you remember broke out last year for the San Diego Chargers after they signed him as an off the street free agent. Alexander would come to Detroit cheap and could be the low risk / high reward signing that could help our WR corps. Alexander does have a long list of an injury history, but if he could stay healthy, he could be a great #4 for our offense.

DT/DE - Mike Neal, Green Bay Packers (3 yr, $4 mil)

Mike Neal has been playing in a 3-4 with the Packers over his whole career, but there is no reason why he couldn't slide into the middle in a 4-3. Neal has recently started taking reps at OLB for the Packers, so he may be able to take reps at DE as well. Neal is still young and could become a great value signing.

CB - Brent Grimes, Miami Dolphins (2 yr, $15 mil)

Brent Grimes was a free agent last year, but did not draw much interest due to an Achilles injury. This year, however, Grimes could be the top CB on the market. Grimes has played outstanding this year in Miami, but his age and injury history may still prevent him from getting a huge deal. Grimes would be the Lions "big signing" in my offseason and should step in immediately opposite Chris Houston. The 2 years that Grimes is here should allow Darius Slay, Jonte Green, and Bill Bentley to develop more and learn from a great CB.

S - Husain Abdullah, Kansas City Chiefs (2 yr, $3 mil)

Abdullah left the NFL for a year to study his religion with his brother, but he returned this year and has excelled in a limited role. Abdullah will allow Lions fans not to worry as much if Delmas goes down with another injury.

2014 NFL Draft - (I have the Lions selecting around pick 23)

1.) Jordan Matthews , WR, Vanderbilt

Matthews steps in as our #2 WR right away. Everything that I have read about Jordan Matthews has been positive. Jordan Matthews is 6'3" and runs about a 4.45 which shows elite size/speed for a WR. Matthews is also related to Jerry Rice, I have heard, and you can not go wrong being related to the 2nd best of all time (I'd take Calvin over Rice). He could benefit a ton from the coverage that Calvin Johnson sees every week and should be an impact player in year 1.

2.) Christian Jones, OLB/MLB, Florida State

Christian Jones is a fast, sure tackler who mans the middle for the Florida State defense. Jones has potential to be a great 4-3 OLB for the Lions and also should step in immediately and contribute Day 1.

3.) Tyler Larsen, C, Utah State

Tyler Larsen is relatively unknown up to this point, but he shouldn't be. Larsen is a big mauling center at 6'4", 312 lbs. Larsen has started 38 straight games for his Aggies and has played extremely well. Larsen is drafted here by the Lions to hopefully not play too much in year 1, but to contribute over time. Larsen would be Raiola's heir apparent and could already be an upgrade on Dom in run blocking. Look out for the future of our O-Line with Larsen and Warford mauling in the middle.

4.) Xavier Grimble, TE, USC

Grimble is another big target for Stafford to throw the ball to. Grimble is 6'5", 250 lbs, but runs like a WR. Grimble is only a redshirt sophomore, so he still has a ton of time to develop. Next year, Xavier Grimble would be our pass catching TE who could help spread the defense. This will allow Pettigrew to specialize more as a blocking TE, Fauria to be our redzone threat, and Michael Williams to remain a blocking TE who could slip in as a H-Back if Michael Robinson (free agent signing) does not pan out.

6.) Cario Santos, K, Tulane

Really any good kicker would do here. Santos just happens to be rate dthe #1 Kicker on the site that I use, but that could change by the draft. All I am saying here is that I want a good young kicker to build our special teams, just like Sam Martin was.

7.) Kenny Guiton, QB, Ohio State

I am a die-hard Michigan fan and it kills me to say this but Kenny Guiton could start for at least 75 teams in the nation in college football. Guiton in my opinion will be a better pro then Braxton Miller! Guiton is a better passer than Miller and can still run. Guiton will be a solid developmental QB for the Lions until Shaun Hill's next contract expires. Guiton obviously has not gotten a lot of playing time at Ohio State, but when he has played, he has played well.

2014-2015 Detroit Lions Depth Chart -
Blue=Rookie
Red=Resigned
Orange=Restructured Contract
Green=Free Agent Signing

QB - Stafford, Hill, Guiton

RB - Bush, Bell, Riddick, Reynard

FB - Robinson, Williams (also listed at TE)

WR - Johnson, Matthews, Burelson, Alexander, Durham

TE - Pettigrew, Grimble, Fauria, Williams

LT - Reiff, Fox

LG - Sims, Gandy

C- Raiola, Larsen

RG - Warford, Gandy

RT - Waddle, Hilliard

LE - Jones, Young

DT - Suh, Fairley, Mosley, Neal

RE - Ansah, Taylor

LOLB - Jones, Palmer

MLB - Tulloch, Lewis

ROLB - Levy, Whitehead

CB - Grimes, Houston, Bentley, Slay, Green

FS - Delmas, Abdullah

SS - Quin, Carey, Wendling

K - Santos

P - Martin

LS - Muhlbach

Let me know what you guys think about my off-season! I think that this Lions team could have a shot to win it all, and I like the depth that I have added. Thanks for your time and for reading such a long post! GO LIONS!
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The draft is pretty good, but I don't know if we can afford all of that without making some cuts/extensions.

R.I.P. Stylish
Louis Delmas26

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
The draft is pretty good, but I don't know if we can afford all of that without making some cuts/extensions.

In my Offseason, we only signed 1 big free agent (Grimes who would make $7.5 mil per year), besides him though no one is gonna make more than $1.5 mil per year that is new. But you may be right, I just filled the 53 man roster with reasonable contracts without really calculating the salary cap...
Jrugges

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pettigrew would prolly get a better contract than that in the open market. Don't mind bringing in Grimes for a that contract.

Not the biggest fan of Matthews or drafting a WR early, especially after signing one.

Like Christian Jones though, I think he's going to be a solid LB'er I this league.
DrRay11

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jrugges wrote:
Pettigrew would prolly get a better contract than that in the open market. Don't mind bringing in Grimes for a that contract.

Not the biggest fan of Matthews or drafting a WR early, especially after signing one.

Like Christian Jones though, I think he's going to be a solid LB'er I this league.

Danario Alexander doesn't really count. What's your proposed solution at WR?
Louis Delmas26

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrRay11 wrote:
Jrugges wrote:

Danario Alexander doesn't really count. What's your proposed solution at WR?

Yeah thats why I drafted Matthews and signed Alexander, that way if Alexander pans out, awesome, but we don't have to depend on a player with that kind of injury history. But, the potential of a WR combo of Calvin and Matthews on the outside, then with Burelson in the slot and Alexander as the 4th would be nasty.
duanegarrison09

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a fan of Mathew Stafford......
cibowilson

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big fan of Larsen. Actually I like your first 3 picks. I think you may have over paid a bit to resign a couple of our FAs and maybe underpaid a couple as well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: