Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Defense game plans
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chiefer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So another game, another decision to not play bump coverage.

Didn't get to watch the game, but Rodney Harrison was complaining about it on that last Rivers TD. They all let guys go at the line untouched and several guys were open on that game winning TD.

Wtf is up? It's like after the bye week they scrapped what made them successful and I don't think you can blame the refs this week for it.

Don't understand it, it's like Sutton regressed to his Jets days.
TD: 0
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:

Didn't get to watch the game, but Rodney Harrison was complaining about it on that last Rivers TD. They all let guys go at the line untouched and several guys were open on that game winning TD.

Wtf is up? It's like after the bye week they scrapped what made them successful and I don't think you can blame the refs this week for it.

You don't want to put your DBs behind on crossing routes, I would assume.

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
41 catches, 542 yards, 4 TDs
simonwayne

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another game with 0 sacks and another loss.
Chiefer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:

Nah that's never a good idea

Would rather they stick with receivers and jump those routes.
TD: 0
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:
Chiefer wrote:

You are then assuming you will fail at making the jam. If you actually make contact, even if you are trailing, you'll have disrupted the play enough to cause an additional read by the QB, or locking in allowing a LB of Safety time to move in for a TO, not to mention giving your rushers another half second.

Sutton said last week when the QB is throwing it quickly, it makes the pressure irrelevant, so you might as well put more guys in coverage to increase your chances of stopping the completion. I strongly disagree with that thought process. That's a back up move if you don't first succeed at pressing at the LOS, not your go to move. Oh, and when it repeatedly does not work, it might be time to try something different.

^ryknowssd on the sig
jimmydee1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it me (prolly), but our Defense seemed to begin to tank when DeVito went down. Just askin.... Also, I know that we got more holding calls against the Donkeys when we tried to press man cover....Manning effect, I call it. Need to leave his receivers alone so he can make throws!

If Tamba and Houston can't come back this week, we'd better get creative in a hurry.
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimmydee1 wrote:
Also, I know that we got more holding calls against the Donkeys when we tried to press man cover....Manning effect, I call it.

This is a common belief, but not one I can validate in my memory. I don't remember us pressing at all, the entire game, so it's hard to get a holding call for something you don't do. All of the holding calls I remember were well past the LOS, so doing what I call jamming would not have been what was subsequently called. Were they being overly critical with the penalties, absolutely (both ways... just let them play), but they weren't calling holding on a non-existent jam.

^ryknowssd on the sig
jimmydee1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigs, you may be right, but it really seemed that we got more than the usual holding calls on our D backs. Hope they can figure out how to cover those "pick" crossing routes. They tear us up!
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
jimmydee1 wrote:
Also, I know that we got more holding calls against the Donkeys when we tried to press man cover....Manning effect, I call it.

This is a common belief, but not one I can validate in my memory. I don't remember us pressing at all, the entire game, so it's hard to get a holding call for something you don't do. All of the holding calls I remember were well past the LOS, so doing what I call jamming would not have been what was subsequently called. Were they being overly critical with the penalties, absolutely (both ways... just let them play), but they weren't calling holding on a non-existent jam.

I agree bigs.. they did not, and haven't of late, gotten enough jams on the receivers. They need to get back to it! Bump and run without the bump is a pretty bad technique. Reroute the damn receivers!
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Tackles:14/Assists:1/TFL:0/Sacks:0/FF:0/FR:0/PD:1/INT:0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: