Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 12: Texans vs. Jags GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins it?
Houston by a lot
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Houston barely
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Jacksonville barely
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
Jacksonville by a lot
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

LORK 88

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Buzz wrote:
dsorc wrote:
.Buzz wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
Cole416 wrote:
Damn Andre had some harsh comments.

"We suck..." "As an offense"

A person asked if we are the worst team in the NFL

"Well our record shows it so yeah... yeah we are."

They asked about the crowd booing

"They booed. They should boo"

Ya, McNair needs to put a stop to this madness and fire him now.

Some more locker room comments

Ben Tate called the loss to Jags "embarrassing." Duane Brown apologized to the city of Houston. Antonio Smith called it "stressful."

In the end we have the exact same record. It's not like the Texans were some playoff team that got beat by a bad team. There's a reason as to why they are currently in the top 3 for draft if the season ended right now. I get the Titans saying it was embarrassing considering they were in the hunt for the playoffs and would have been one game back going into the Indy game and we were winless, but this one...not so much.

No offense but this is a Texans team that was expected to be in the playofsf. Before the year started even the players were saying it was Super Bowl or bust. The Jaguars, in contrast, were expected to compete for #1 pick all season long. If I was a player on the Texans, given the expectations, this loss would be quite embarrassing. This team has clearly underperformed their talent level and the players are now verbalizing that.

Yes, I realize what the Texans were suppose to be, but the fact is that they aren't. That's why I honestly don't understand why they have to voice that their embarrassed. Both of our teams are 2-9, a 2-8 team shouldn't be "embarrassed" to get beat by a 1-9 team is how I see it.

IDK, not a big deal, just don't understand it. If you guys were in the playoff hunt it's a totally different situation.

Simply put, expectations vs reality. A little over 2 months ago, the Texans were 2-0 and there were no glaring signs of losing the next 9 games. In the Texans existence, they've never lost that many consecutive games. To expect with the talent on this team compared to the past that they'd fall from grace so quickly isn't realistic.

ADOPT-A-TEXAN: CJ "Polish Hat" Fiedorowicz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: