Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Roethlisburger seeks trade ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickZambo wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
NickZambo wrote:
The Browns will have no interest in Big Ben. And comparing him to Peyton is blasphemy. Ben has 3 good years left the way he plays his game. Too much scrambling and taking shots, too bad his Oline has been terrible forever.

My comparison with Peyton Manning was based on his situation, and not his QB play. Peyton left IND for DEN, and so far has put up one of the best QB seasons in NFL history.

I wouldn't mind betting that if Ben left PIT, he too; like Peyton; could successfully rekindle his career someplace else.

Oh ok. I was gonna say, talent wise they are no where close.

Ben 2, Peyton 1
Anonymous3

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
Anonymous3 wrote:
theJ wrote:
My prediction: he's not going anywhere.

Agreed. I don't think they want him going anywhere in the AFC, and I can't see the Cardinals offering multiple firsts and other assets, which is what it will take. If we can get a 1st and 2nd for Palmer, they can get much more than what we received. Teams won't be offering that.

Just because we got that for Palmer doesn't mean Pitt can get it for Ben. Any asset is truly only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it.

I don't think he goes anywhere, but if he does, it would be Arizona.

You didn't read my comment thoroughly. I said, I cannot see anyone offering what we got for Palmer - or even more - which is what Pittsburgh will be wanting. I never said I believed that was his value or that Pittsburgh will get that. That's exactly why I said I don't think he gets traded.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous3 wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:
Anonymous3 wrote:
theJ wrote:
My prediction: he's not going anywhere.

Agreed. I don't think they want him going anywhere in the AFC, and I can't see the Cardinals offering multiple firsts and other assets, which is what it will take. If we can get a 1st and 2nd for Palmer, they can get much more than what we received. Teams won't be offering that.

Just because we got that for Palmer doesn't mean Pitt can get it for Ben. Any asset is truly only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it.

I don't think he goes anywhere, but if he does, it would be Arizona.

You didn't read my comment thoroughly. I said, I cannot see anyone offering what we got for Palmer - or even more - which is what Pittsburgh will be wanting. I never said I believed that was his value or that Pittsburgh will get that. That's exactly why I said I don't think he gets traded.

Then I agree with you, but wiould say that I disagree that Pitt would want that much if they really wanted to trade him. If they set the level that high, then they don't really want to trade him at all.
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:
Big Ben denied any talks of being traded. Ok yeah I bet hes unhappy, but Big Ben has never had a losing season ever yet. And after beating the Bills yesterday, there still is a chance they won't.

If he was getting traded, they wouldn't trade him inside the division. That would be pure stupidity.

It can happen. See Donovan McNabb for details.......

McNabb had nothing left to offer and the Eagles had another QB at the time that was starting material. Big Ben still has alot left in the tank and the Steelers don't even have anybody else on there roster to be there full time starter.
NickZambo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
NickZambo wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
NickZambo wrote:
The Browns will have no interest in Big Ben. And comparing him to Peyton is blasphemy. Ben has 3 good years left the way he plays his game. Too much scrambling and taking shots, too bad his Oline has been terrible forever.

My comparison with Peyton Manning was based on his situation, and not his QB play. Peyton left IND for DEN, and so far has put up one of the best QB seasons in NFL history.

I wouldn't mind betting that if Ben left PIT, he too; like Peyton; could successfully rekindle his career someplace else.

Ben 2, Peyton 1

Trent Dilfer 1, Boomer Esiason 0. Your point?

Skipping over bruceb's posts since 2012
Jason_Bengal_Fl

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
That would be awesome but he's kinda on the decline

Kinda like Peyton Manning is ?

Ben isn't getting along with his coaches in PIT, and who knows what a change of scenery can do ? FWIW, I still think R'burger can cause some damage in this league.

Ben is a ex-Ohio guy. I wonder if the Browns will make a call ?

Ben gets hit more in a season than Peyton does in 5 years.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickZambo wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
NickZambo wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
NickZambo wrote:

Ben 2, Peyton 1

Trent Dilfer 1, Boomer Esiason 0. Your point?

My point is a simple one.

Lots of players may be 'talented', but that means squat if you don't convert that 'talent' into championships. We have a roster full of 'talented' players at the Bengals, but they are still evidently a country mile from winning what Roethlisburger has won twice.

I repeat that my comparison with Manning was about their respective situations rather than their 'talent', but to then go on and suggest that comparing the two is 'blasphemy' is wide of the mark iMO.

Payton may be more 'talented' than Ben, but it is also perfectly reasonable to say that Ben has had more 'success' so far. Same applies to Eli; less 'talented' but more 'successful'........
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrCincinnati wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:
Big Ben denied any talks of being traded. Ok yeah I bet hes unhappy, but Big Ben has never had a losing season ever yet. And after beating the Bills yesterday, there still is a chance they won't.

If he was getting traded, they wouldn't trade him inside the division. That would be pure stupidity.

It can happen. See Donovan McNabb for details.......

McNabb had nothing left to offer and the Eagles had another QB at the time that was starting material. Big Ben still has alot left in the tank and the Steelers don't even have anybody else on there roster to be there full time starter.

Agree: I was just making the point that good QB's have been traded within a division before.
powderblues

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any Steelers fans of the troll contingent still want to trade Ben? Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: