Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kayvon Webster - Does he deserve Defense ROTY mention?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Okta

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Kayvon Webster - Does he deserve Defense ROTY mention? Reply with quote

It looks like Kiko Alonso from Buffalo is the favorite but I think Kayvon deserves a mention.

I am not a football expert but I really like watching him play, he is a tough tackler and covers very well. I think he will be the Champ replacement we were looking for.

EDIT: I also want to point out what everyone was expecting him to be: http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/kayvon-webster?id=2540291

Its astonishing how even in our time with all of the technology available to us grading talent is so difficult.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. Im sorry, but no.

Hes been good but not anywhere close to the other top rookies (i.e. Alonso, Richardson, Star, Vaccaro, Reid, etc..). Lets be real. CJ Anderson has just as good a case as Kayvon does right now. Too small of a sample size.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's good but I don't think he is good enough to win RotY.

My guess at the top 3 defensive rookies:
1. Kiko Alonso
2. Tyrann Mathieu
3. Sheldon Richardson
BroncsDominate

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
No. Im sorry, but no.

Hes been good but not anywhere close to the other top rookies (i.e. Alonso, Richardson, Star, Vaccaro, Reid, etc..). Lets be real. CJ Anderson has just as good a case as Kayvon does right now. Too small of a sample size.
'

I hope your being sarcastic. He has been a lot more important to this team that CJ Anderson. Not even close.

While he probably shouldn't and won't be considered for DROY, he has played many good minutes for us. Very excited for his future with our team.
ihatepotholes

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has been decent, but he won't even make the all rookie team.
champ+jay+al=SB

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kayvon is the most promising rookie we have seen on the Broncos for a long time. Besides Von. And maybe Chris Harris.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
Kayvon is the most promising rookie we have seen on the Broncos for a long time. Besides Von. And maybe Chris Harris.
I'd throw Derek Wolfe above him as well. And Demaryius Thomas after he came back from his injury.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncsDominate wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
No. Im sorry, but no.

'

I hope your being sarcastic. He has been a lot more important to this team that CJ Anderson. Not even close.

While he probably shouldn't and won't be considered for DROY, he has played many good minutes for us. Very excited for his future with our team.

Yes, I was being sarcastic. Reference the recent conversations about Anderson in this forum, if you want to see where my sarc is coming from.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
BroncsDominate wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
No. Im sorry, but no.

'

Yes, I was being sarcastic. Reference the recent conversations about Anderson in this forum, if you want to see where my sarc is coming from.

No, no....I get it! Just checkin'
TheChosen186

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Lets be real. CJ Anderson has just as good a case as Kayvon does right now. Too small of a sample size.

That would mean Kayvon should be a lock for the Defensive rookie of the year.

CJ is a beast and probably our 2nd best player after Peyton. CJ has these intangibles where he doesn't have to play to make a difference but it's obvious without his presence this team would be nowhere near where they are now. It's one of those things that make him such a great player. CJ is just a freak.

Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the awesome sig.
paul-mac

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheChosen186 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Lets be real. CJ Anderson has just as good a case as Kayvon does right now. Too small of a sample size.

CJ is a beast and probably our 2nd best player after Peyton. CJ has these intangibles where he doesn't have to play to make a difference but it's obvious without his presence this team would be nowhere near where they are now. It's one of those things that make him such a great player. CJ is just a freak.
Shocked
The Helicopter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
TheChosen186 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:

Shocked

Regardless of what he says, I'm going with sarcasm...it's the only way to get through it...
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Helicopter wrote:
paul-mac wrote:
TheChosen186 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:

Shocked

Regardless of what he says, I'm going with sarcasm...it's the only way to get through it...

Yup.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

champ+jay+al=SB wrote:

I just started following intensely last year so the rookies I got to see are Wolfe, Trevathan and Malik (plus this years class). I really like those three but I dont think any of them (except for maybe Wolfe) had the impact that Kavyon has on the team in his first year.

Champ also talks the world of the guy. Im not sure if he does that a lot but it seems to be pretty high praise to me.

I think its also tough to judge him without really following the Broncos because he isn't flashy, doesn't get picks and doesn't return punts he just plays football really really well. You guys are much more qualified than me to say that though.

What I do like is the general consensus that he is doing well and will hopefully progress into a really good starter.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: