Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

If you were the rams owner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boboso20

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:01 am    Post subject: If you were the rams owner Reply with quote

I was a little bored and was thinking what I would do if I were owner of the rams if I could hire my own staff. After having this discussion with my brother who is a cowboys fan I decided to put it up on here. So if I were owner and could hire a GM, head coach, offensive coordinator and D coordinator. I began to think of who I would want on my team. I thought of not only current coaches but ones from the past and put some twists in as well.

GM- Jerry jones (guy puts up a good if not great roster every year in my opinion)
Head coach- Bill Cowher (steelers never had 2 bad seasons in a row and I loved his hard nosed mentality, plus had longevity and continuity with the team)
O coordinator- Chip Kelly (his offense is just fun to watch)
D coordinator- Bill Belichick (just a football genius especially on defense)

I would love to see the faces Cowher and Belichick would make seeing Jerry on the field at the end of a game but in reality I think this would actually be a pretty good staff.
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like too many cooks in the kitchen. And Jerry Jones would be horrible.

If I were given my choice, it would be:
GM: Ted Thompson
HC: Sean Payton
OC: Aaron Kromer
DC: Ray Horton

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Boboso20

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:

Yea that's true I never really thought of that I just looked at what they did best and put them in spots where they did their best work before becoming HC. But why do you think Jerry Jones would be terrible?
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boboso20 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

Yea that's true I never really thought of that I just looked at what they did best and put them in spots where they did their best work before becoming HC. But why do you think Jerry Jones would be terrible?

Has made a lot of terrible decisions over the years and despite the Cowboys having talent, they never seem to put it together. I don't want that man leading my team.

Boboso20

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Boboso20 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

Has made a lot of terrible decisions over the years and despite the Cowboys having talent, they never seem to put it together. I don't want that man leading my team.

It's not his fault they lose I put that on coaching. Every year jerry puts a cowboy team with the most talent $ can buy. It's not his fault they don't win since he isn't playing nor coaching. His job is to put talent on the field and I think he does a pretty good job of it. Just look at the talent they have. Miles Austin and Romo came outta nowhere, Hatcher 3rd round, Lee 2nd and many more. He finds talent that pays off more often than not and doesnt hesitate to make his team better regardless of the cost. He makes things happen and doesn't wait till "next year".
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boboso20 wrote:

It's not his fault they lose I put that on coaching. Every year jerry puts a cowboy team with the most talent $ can buy. It's not his fault they don't win since he isn't playing nor coaching. His job is to put talent on the field and I think he does a pretty good job of it. Just look at the talent they have. Miles Austin and Romo came outta nowhere, Hatcher 3rd round, Lee 2nd and many more. He finds talent that pays off more often than not and doesnt hesitate to make his team better regardless of the cost. He makes things happen and doesn't wait till "next year".

It is his fault. He hired the staff. He makes terrible financial decisions year in and year out. His drafting is not good enough to make up for that.

And putting out a team with a lot of talent isn't good enough. You need a team that can win together...that's not always the most talented team.

Frankly, I don't want a guy that "doesn't hesitate to make his team better regardless of the cost"...that's how you end up against the cap. I want someone who considers the cost and makes cost-effective moves.

The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Boboso20 wrote:

It is his fault. He hired the staff. He makes terrible financial decisions year in and year out. His drafting is not good enough to make up for that.

And putting out a team with a lot of talent isn't good enough. You need a team that can win together...that's not always the most talented team.

Frankly, I don't want a guy that "doesn't hesitate to make his team better regardless of the cost"...that's how you end up against the cap. I want someone who considers the cost and makes cost-effective moves.

I agree with Jrry. Also, Jerry has always wanted to be the boss, the guy in charge, and the star. The way he goes about "leading" the Cowboys routinely relegates their head coach to lame duck status.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: