Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 College Prospects Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 48, 49, 50  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
broncos67

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WR, DE, and OG almost HAVE to be the positions addressed in the offseason and through the draft. Even if Decker leaves, we only have Welker for another year and there is slim pickins for WR depth. They also lost King, and while he didn't ever play, I'd assume they wanted to keep him and had plans for him.

OG is an obvious need because we likely won't (and shouldn't) bring back Zane Beadles.

DE- I'd sign Ayers to a short term deal, and we do have Quanterus Smith, although obviously we don't know what we have in him.

Thanks, Tzimisce
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
WR, DE, and OG almost HAVE to be the positions addressed in the offseason and through the draft. Even if Decker leaves, we only have Welker for another year and there is slim pickins for WR depth. They also lost King, and while he didn't ever play, I'd assume they wanted to keep him and had plans for him.

OG is an obvious need because we likely won't (and shouldn't) bring back Zane Beadles.

DE- I'd sign Ayers to a short term deal, and we do have Quanterus Smith, although obviously we don't know what we have in him.

I think WR is the biggest. With Decker likely gone this year and Welker next year, this team needs an influx of WR talent. Usually theres a solid WR late in the first that you can develop (i.e. Cordarelle Patterson, Justin Hunter).

In this draft I like Mike Evans, a BIG threat for Texas A&M, and Donte Moncrief, another BIG talent from Mississippi State. Both of these guys should compliment DT very nicely.

However, the player that best "fits" this offense and the one I have been vocal about my favorite offensive prospect, is Jordan Matthews. If he slips to our pick in the 1st, Elway better call whoever is at Radio City to sprint to the table.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am really high on Jordan Matthews, Allen Robinson and Donte Moncrief as replacements for Eric Decker and Cyril Richardson, David Yankey and Gabe Jackson as replacements for Zane Beadles.

The above guys are all likely to be low 1st to middle 2nd round picks and its not unfeasable that we could get a day 1 starting WR and OG in this draft by dealing a few of our middle round picks to get higher in the 2nd round.
bobdevine

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A WR to watch is Jared Abbrederis of Wisconsin. He's a very productive player that looks like he would be a great slot receiver.

A few months ago, I would have placed him as a mid-round pick but he is getting attention and might be selected as early as the 2nd round.

http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/jared_abbrederis_488291.html
Donut

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:

I think WR is the biggest. With Decker likely gone this year and Welker next year, this team needs an influx of WR talent. Usually theres a solid WR late in the first that you can develop (i.e. Cordarelle Patterson, Justin Hunter).

In this draft I like Mike Evans, a BIG threat for Texas A&M, and Donte Moncrief, another BIG talent from Mississippi State. Both of these guys should compliment DT very nicely.

However, the player that best "fits" this offense and the one I have been vocal about my favorite offensive prospect, is Jordan Matthews. If he slips to our pick in the 1st, Elway better call whoever is at Radio City to sprint to the table.

Evans might go higher. I don't really care much for this WR class personally. Mid to late rounders I like(L`Damien Washington is one of the day 3 guys I like). Next year you have guys like Jaelin Strong from ASU, DGB from mizzou, Stefon Diggs, and some others I havent watched much of(Cooper from Bama, Daniels from ND, and a WR from Colorado who's name is escaping me(Richardson?)). Just better off mid rounders in this class and patching holes in FA and drafting better players at other positions imo.
2011: Matt Slater
2012: Ras I Dowling
2013: Chandler Jones
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
A WR to watch is Jared Abbrederis of Wisconsin. He's a very productive player that looks like he would be a great slot receiver.

I really like Jared Abbrederis. He is very well rounded, can play inside and out and has elite hands/route running. The thing is, the kid had two concussions last season and suffered what is believed to be his 3rd this season. I cant justify using a top 5 round pick on a player that has that type of history. I am convinced that he will take a Ryan Swope type drop.

Right now I am very high on Donta Moncreif. He has some issues to correct (beating press, consistency) but is a physical specimin (6'2, 225lbs, 4.45-4.50 40) and has shown decent big play ability. He has underrated route running skills and above average hands. IMO he is a guy that can start immediatley and should be avaliable in the middle 2nd round. Despite having a poop QB his entire career at Ole Miss, he has excelled.

I would have the WR tiers as such:

Tier 1 - Sammy Watkins, Mike Evans

Tier 2 - Marquis Lee, Jordan Matthews, Davante Adams

Tier 3 - Donte Montcreif, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham, Jared Abbrederis (Off my board due to concussions though)
bobdevine

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncosFan2010 wrote:
[Tier 3 - Donte Montcreif, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham, Jared Abbrederis (Off my board due to concussions though)

I like Brandin Cooks. While he is in a pass-happy offense so he gets high stats, he looks like he could transition to a pro role.

Another WR that's not in the upper group but should have a good NFL career is Allen Robinson, Penn State. He is on a run-heavy team so his stats aren't as high.

Maybe the Broncos pick a WR at the end of the second round. The 2014 draft looks like the first round will have lots of QBs selected so there should be a lot of good WRs available in the second round.
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donut wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:

Evans might go higher. I don't really care much for this WR class personally. Mid to late rounders I like(L`Damien Washington is one of the day 3 guys I like). Next year you have guys like Jaelin Strong from ASU, DGB from mizzou, Stefon Diggs, and some others I havent watched much of(Cooper from Bama, Daniels from ND, and a WR from Colorado who's name is escaping me(Richardson?)). Just better off mid rounders in this class and patching holes in FA and drafting better players at other positions imo.

Paul Richardson has said that he will skip his senior year and enter the next draft. Would be really cool if we'd draft him in the 2nd.

http://www.denverpost.com/colleges/ci_24639867/paul-richardson-leave-colorado-buffs-football-nfl-draft

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because of the CU connection, Denver media will put a lot of pressure on Elway to draft Paul Richardson if we end up needing a WR in the draft this year.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods

Last edited by AnAngryAmerican on Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Paul Richardson has said that he will skip his senior year and enter the next draft. Would be really cool if we'd draft him in the 2nd.

I really like Richardson but he has some big question marks. He can be a sloppy route runner and is a twig. IMO his best fit would be on a team with a QB who can go deep, as Richardson fits best as a deep threat WR. IDK if that fit would be Denver with Manning and our percision pass game based off exact breaks and curls.

If Jared Abbrederis is cleared in regards to concussions, he is my top choice at WR in the 2nd round. Not nearly as explosive as Richardson but could step in immediatley and contribute, with added versatility due to his ability to play slot and outside.
germ-x

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do agree that adding talented receivers is a need, but i also don't think it has to be a WR. A TE could provide just as much impact as a wide-out.

Teams have been having some success doing this. The Patriots with Gronkowski/Hernandez is the biggest example, but the 49ers found some success using Davis/Walker last season. The Bengals also selected Tyler Eifert in the 1st round last season with Jermaine Gresham already on the roster. Both are having solid seasons in Cincinnati as well. You will also see that the Chargers are starting to get Ladarius Green into their offensive mix alongside Antonio Gates.

Obviously, you can see that each of these teams has an athletic player at the position that can be moved around formations, but i believe Denver is in a unique position because of Julius Thomas' skill set. He has size and athleticism to line up across formations, but he's also continuing to improve as a blocker. While he may never be dominant, he will hopefully develop enough to be sufficient in that aspect.

Because of this i think it makes both North Carolina's Eric Ebron and Washington's Austin Seferian-Jenkins good options for the Broncos. With that, i would love to see Denver add Seferian-Jenkins. Not only do i think he would help Denver out immediately with his excellent blend of size (6'6" 260) and athleticism, but i think he would be a great addition for the future Brock Osweiler led Denver Broncos.
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I do agree that adding talented receivers is a need, but i also don't think it has to be a WR. A TE could provide just as much impact as a wide-out.

Teams have been having some success doing this. The Patriots with Gronkowski/Hernandez is the biggest example, but the 49ers found some success using Davis/Walker last season. The Bengals also selected Tyler Eifert in the 1st round last season with Jermaine Gresham already on the roster. Both are having solid seasons in Cincinnati as well. You will also see that the Chargers are starting to get Ladarius Green into their offensive mix alongside Antonio Gates.

Obviously, you can see that each of these teams has an athletic player at the position that can be moved around formations, but i believe Denver is in a unique position because of Julius Thomas' skill set. He has size and athleticism to line up across formations, but he's also continuing to improve as a blocker. While he may never be dominant, he will hopefully develop enough to be sufficient in that aspect.

Because of this i think it makes both North Carolina's Eric Ebron and Washington's Austin Seferian-Jenkins good options for the Broncos. With that, i would love to see Denver add Seferian-Jenkins. Not only do i think he would help Denver out immediately with his excellent blend of size (6'6" 260) and athleticism, but i think he would be a great addition for the future Brock Osweiler led Denver Broncos.

I like this idea, but IMO Seferian is not the guy to target. We are going to want Thomas on the field at all times, so if we draft a TE I would prefer a guy that is more of a pass catcher, WR in a TE body type that a all-around talent like Jenkins who may not be as explosive as some others. For me that is Jace Amano. He can line up in the slot and inline.

But, it depends on what the coaching staff thinks of Gerrell Robinson. He is being converted into a recieving TE and I think he has a great chance of being a factor sooner than later. The track record shows that this organization is willing to develop 'their man' and that may be Gerrell in this case.
germ-x

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncosFan2010 wrote:
Quote:

I like this idea, but IMO Seferian is not the guy to target. We are going to want Thomas on the field at all times, so if we draft a TE I would prefer a guy that is more of a pass catcher, WR in a TE body type that a all-around talent like Jenkins who may not be as explosive as some others. For me that is Jace Amano. He can line up in the slot and inline.

But, it depends on what the coaching staff thinks of Gerrell Robinson. He is being converted into a recieving TE and I think he has a great chance of being a factor sooner than later. The track record shows that this organization is willing to develop 'their man' and that may be Gerrell in this case.

I like Jace Amaro as well, he's in that Eric Ebron mold. The same mold that i think Denver is trying to develop Robinson into. So yes, it should be interesting.

My thought with Seferian-Jenkins is that Julius Thomas would take over that versatile role, where he is lining up out wide, in tight, in the slot, basically across the board. With Seferian-Jenkins playing more of a traditional TE role. Not that he couldn't be moved around creating mismatches with his massive size as well. I really like how such a scenario could set up the post Manning Broncos, where running the ball will need to become a bigger priority. Not only does Denver improve their running game, but they also don't take a big hit in receiving targets as both Thomas/Seferian-Jenkins are big and talented players for Osweiler.
Winder23

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a question for everyone, but I am curious what elliot878 thinks of Yawin Smallwood. Not the most physical MLB, but does engage and shed with some success. Does a nice job in coverage and is a reliable tackler. Haven't seen alot of him, but he seems to be everywhere on the field.
Molsted

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we will regret getting Sly, when Aaron Donald from Pitt is a finished product.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 48, 49, 50  Next
Page 12 of 50

Jump to: