Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Coverage Metrics
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mays has been playing really well this season, surprisingly. I think everyone is just waiting for him to get lit up but he keeps playing well. Very odd.

Newman got abused by Megatron a bit. But it's Megatron, not much you can do against him...

Orlovsky has too much experience here. Manziel doesn't stand a chance.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
Mays has been playing really well this season, surprisingly. I think everyone is just waiting for him to get lit up but he keeps playing well. Very odd.

Newman got abused by Megatron a bit. But it's Megatron, not much you can do against him...

Agreed, Mays has done well. Had great coverage on a post route yesterday. Literally glued to him.

On a side note, I don't care that Megatron was on the field, the fact that they only threw at Jones 3 times is a miracle.

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mays is trying to get a new contract!

I know Jones played well, but why has he regressed this season?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Week 8 vs Jets

Adam Jones

Targets 10
Completions 5
Yards 29
1 INT
2 PDs

Terrence Newman

Targets 3
Completions 3
Yards 29

Brandon Ghee

Targets 2
Completions 0
Yards 0
2 PDs

Dre Kirkpatrick

Targets 1
Completions 1
Yards 8

Not much to say, complete domination.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Week 9 vs Dolphins

Terrence Newman

Targets 8
Completions 6
Yards 85
1 PD
1 Penalty

Adam Jones

Targets 5
Completions 3
Yards 39
1 PD

Chris Crocker

Targets 5
Completions 2
Yards 23

Terrence Newman has began to slip a bit as of late, and his late PI call changed the entire complex of the overtime. I know the Bengals ended up getting a stop, but they were pinned inside the five yard line due to that.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That moment when you realize that Chris Crocker is now your best corner.

Kidding btw, Newman is what he is. Really good most of the time but is definitely not a shut down corner...

Orlovsky has too much experience here. Manziel doesn't stand a chance.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:

Kidding btw, Newman is what he is. Really good most of the time but is definitely not a shut down corner...

I was impressed with Crocker Laughing .

Yeah, Newman just has those moments every single game that you just shake your head. It happens though, he is in his mid-30s now and has clearly lost a step. The reason he has been able to play so well is because he is a off man corner that could rely on his technique. But once a WR has a step on him? Forget about it, and it is a shame because this guy used to quick as hell in his prime. Oh well, secondary still didn't play all that bad.

I know what Newman was thinking tackling Wallace, but does anyone else think that was unlikely going to be a completion either way?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

I was impressed with Crocker Laughing .

Yeah, Newman just has those moments every single game that you just shake your head. It happens though, he is in his mid-30s now and has clearly lost a step. The reason he has been able to play so well is because he is a off man corner that could rely on his technique. But once a WR has a step on him? Forget about it, and it is a shame because this guy used to quick as hell in his prime. Oh well, secondary still didn't play all that bad.

I know what Newman was thinking tackling Wallace, but does anyone else think that was unlikely going to be a completion either way?

A coworker and i were discussing it this morning. It was close. I think that to catch it, he's going to need to dive or at least really extend. In that scenario, Newman could have caught him anyway. But, no one knows for sure, and Newman couldn't have known as Wallace was pulling away. So i'm ok with the PI.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I get why Newman did it because he couldn't see the ball, but I just don't think Wallace gets to it. Oh well, props to the Bengals defense sucking it up and getting a stop shortly after.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Week 11 vs Browns

Terrence Newman

Targets 9
Completions 3
Yards 31
PDs 2

Adam Jones

Targets 6
Completions 3
Yards 31

Dre Kirkpatrick

Targets 4
Completions 2
Yards 76
1 TD

Brandon Ghee

Targets 3
Completions 0
Yards 0

FINALLY Newman gets out of the snide and has a good game. I didn't watch this game but seems like the DBs played well aside from one Gordon bomb.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So aside from that one Gordon TD, it appears the metrics are severely in our favor this week. Anyone who watched this game knows this was one of our best games in terms of coverage all year. We were blanketing receivers and a few of our sacks were because the QB was not allowed to throw to any WR.

CB is still an issue, but I think they've been amazing consider who we have out there; essentially a bunch of late round picks and cast offs from other teams.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely, I was talking to TheVillian about the same exact thing earlier in the year. Amazing how good the secondary has played all season, and not much of a drop off since the loss of Hall. I actually caught most of the first half right now, and was stunned with the back to back picks by Haden. What kind of throws were those? Lol, but secondary looked good. Gordon is an animal, I bet a lot of you guys were wishing he got dealt at the trade deadline Laughing .

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So lets say Hall is 100% healthy next year and ready to go, what will the CB situation look like? Will Kirkpatrick finally get his chance to start or no?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
So lets say Hall is 100% healthy next year and ready to go, what will the CB situation look like? Will Kirkpatrick finally get his chance to start or no?

Hard to say, but these final weeks are huge for Kirkpatrick. If he doesn't show much, a first-second round CB is inevitable. I'm not comfortable with Hall, Newman, Jones, and Kirk. Hall (injuries), Newman (age), Jones (performance) and Kirk (health/performance) all carry legitimate concerns.

What makes it more interesting is all four of these guys are under contract for next a year. A rookie CB, probably leaves Jones as the odd man out for defensive playing time, although his services on ST's could still be needed. A lot of it depends on how the team feels about Ghee, who himself has an injury history.

This draft will be interesting. We've not been in such a strong position to go BPA in a while. Almost every position could use an upgrade to the starter, or back up.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jones is one of those guys who is streaky, but ebe=very time the defense NEEDED him to step up, he has. I have no problem with the way he has played this year whatsoever.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: