Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Current 53 Man Roster (Week 16)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
Aren't you missing Gooden from the active roster and Terrell from the p-squad?

Terrell, yes. Gooden got cut last week when we brought up Victorian
kenney

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
kenney wrote:
Aren't you missing Gooden from the active roster and Terrell from the p-squad?

Terrell, yes. Gooden got cut last week when we brought up Victorian

We kept Tarpinian and cut Gooden? SMDH.
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We just signed the guy the Jets cut to sign Reed....oh the irony.

We also cut Ray Graham to make room for Ricky Sapp ILB
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LB DJ Smith cut

CB Justin Rodgers just released by the Bills signed
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You want to see something absolutely pathetic. Post the August depth chart on alongside this weeks snap counts. Just absolutely pathetic. Who could have imagined Shiloh Keo, Swearinger, and Pleasant getting all the safety snaps, Jeff Tarpinian and Sharpton starting at ILB, a QB time share, Harris and Newton still rotating at RT and Wade Smith / Ben Jones rotating at LG. Lestar Jean was even on the field again and 76 snaps for Posey and Martin with 3 catches for 38 yards to show for their senseless routes that get less attention than the kickoff tee kid! It's like frigging groundhog day except I'd take 11/20/12 over this any day. Mercilus and Reed played every single snap at the OLB spots last week instead of anything from the 4 backups we were carrying.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
You want to see something absolutely pathetic. Post the August depth chart on alongside this weeks snap counts. Just absolutely pathetic. Who could have imagined Shiloh Keo, Swearinger, and Pleasant getting all the safety snaps, Jeff Tarpinian and Sharpton starting at ILB, a QB time share, Harris and Newton still rotating at RT and Wade Smith / Ben Jones rotating at LG. Lestar Jean was even on the field again and 76 snaps for Posey and Martin with 3 catches for 38 yards to show for their senseless routes that get less attention than the kickoff tee kid! It's like frigging groundhog day except I'd take 11/20/12 over this any day. Mercilus and Reed played every single snap at the OLB spots last week instead of anything from the 4 backups we were carrying.

I read an article which I can't find now, stating that Mercilus and Reed rank in the bottom 10 of the 65 ish OLB's in the league on creating pressure.....how is this possible when Watt is getting doubled A LOT. Is it Wades simplistic scheme? The players not being as "talented" as we thought, or a mixture of both?
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
Apollo Stallion wrote:

I read an article which I can't find now, stating that Mercilus and Reed rank in the bottom 10 of the 65 ish OLB's in the league on creating pressure.....how is this possible when Watt is getting doubled A LOT. Is it Wades simplistic scheme? The players not being as "talented" as we thought, or a mixture of both?

I warned everyone about Wade's system when he got here, that it generally yields substantial improvements in the first two seasons, then vastly diminishing returns as OCs adjust. My take is that Wade's system enjoys success because it initially frees players to just get out there and operate on instinct rather than the tightly controlled system without much to think about. He is smart enough to craft the roles around the unique skillsets of the players such as freeing up JJ Watt last year when it was clear we were a bit lacking in pass rush skill at WLB, but I don't think Wade is very good at making adjustments on the fly within games or seasons. The defense presents a slightly different approach each season such as the safety change this year, but by Nov-Dec there is enough tape out there that OCs recognize the tendencies of players within the playcalls and find the weak links like Harris/Demps last year and McCain/Keo this year. Clearly something has broken in his system when Mercilus / Reed go 5-6 weeks without touching a QB just like Barwin / Reed last year. Much like Kubs offense ignores the value of the quick strike big play, Wade's defense has been completely devoid of game changing plays in the 2nd half of seasons and we have a whopping 5 yards in 3 INTs for the season outside of Cushing's 18 yarder in week one. Ints happen when QBs can't see what is coming and clearly we can't even confuse a camp body like Matt McGroin at this point. Wade seems to always give QBs the easy outlets which don't look like much in the box score aside from conversions, but stifles the power of the defense to smother a QB and create high risk situations that our offense seems to always be in. Finally, the undisciplined penalties that are rampant this year do not speak well of Wade's ability to hold the attention of his players to the details which showed up in Dallas as well as Wade started to lose his locker room.

More than anything, however, I think Wade's achilles heel has always been in the secondary and his failure to adapt to the reality of 3 and 4 WR sets and highly athletic TEs. In his defense, the Ed Reed move & Swearinger pick was designed to help, but we CLEARLY still lacked anyone to cover slot receivers (which I maintain is where Kareem belongs with a #2 with faster wheels to handle the deep threats without grabbing them). He also seems to favor some inferior players who "work hard" but are simply not athletically capable of playing at a starting level in this league. Last year the Alan Ball, Bradie James loyalty was maddening and this year he was far too slow to adapt the the obvious weak link with Brice McCain and now seems to have fallen in love with Shiloh Keo. I've completely soured on Vance Joseph who still hasn't taught Kareem Jackson how to defend without drawing a league leading 139 yards in PI's and unessesary roughness and McCain has drawn 5 PI & defensive holding calls as well. Refs aren't picking on the Texans - they have flawed technique that triggers the calls especially their maddening habit of not looking back for the ball.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
amazingandre

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
Apollo Stallion wrote:

I warned everyone about Wade's system when he got here, that it generally yields substantial improvements in the first two seasons, then vastly diminishing returns as OCs adjust. My take is that Wade's system enjoys success because it initially frees players to just get out there and operate on instinct rather than the tightly controlled system without much to think about. He is smart enough to craft the roles around the unique skillsets of the players such as freeing up JJ Watt last year when it was clear we were a bit lacking in pass rush skill at WLB, but I don't think Wade is very good at making adjustments on the fly within games or seasons. The defense presents a slightly different approach each season such as the safety change this year, but by Nov-Dec there is enough tape out there that OCs recognize the tendencies of players within the playcalls and find the weak links like Harris/Demps last year and McCain/Keo this year. Clearly something has broken in his system when Mercilus / Reed go 5-6 weeks without touching a QB just like Barwin / Reed last year. Much like Kubs offense ignores the value of the quick strike big play, Wade's defense has been completely devoid of game changing plays in the 2nd half of seasons and we have a whopping 5 yards in 3 INTs for the season outside of Cushing's 18 yarder in week one. Ints happen when QBs can't see what is coming and clearly we can't even confuse a camp body like Matt McGroin at this point. Wade seems to always give QBs the easy outlets which don't look like much in the box score aside from conversions, but stifles the power of the defense to smother a QB and create high risk situations that our offense seems to always be in. Finally, the undisciplined penalties that are rampant this year do not speak well of Wade's ability to hold the attention of his players to the details which showed up in Dallas as well as Wade started to lose his locker room.

More than anything, however, I think Wade's achilles heel has always been in the secondary and his failure to adapt to the reality of 3 and 4 WR sets and highly athletic TEs. In his defense, the Ed Reed move & Swearinger pick was designed to help, but we CLEARLY still lacked anyone to cover slot receivers (which I maintain is where Kareem belongs with a #2 with faster wheels to handle the deep threats without grabbing them). He also seems to favor some inferior players who "work hard" but are simply not athletically capable of playing at a starting level in this league. Last year the Alan Ball, Bradie James loyalty was maddening and this year he was far too slow to adapt the the obvious weak link with Brice McCain and now seems to have fallen in love with Shiloh Keo. I've completely soured on Vance Joseph who still hasn't taught Kareem Jackson how to defend without drawing a league leading 139 yards in PI's and unessesary roughness and McCain has drawn 5 PI & defensive holding calls as well. Refs aren't picking on the Texans - they have flawed technique that triggers the calls especially their maddening habit of not looking back for the ball.

Yup, Ive come to the ugly thruth that the talent on our defense is DREADFUL.....depth doesn't even exist and most of the starters, just aren't that good. Then you add Wade, ugh, and you get this.
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonathan Grimes is a Texan again! Hopefully he gets some PT these next 2 weeks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11

Jump to: