Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DT Christo Bilukidi signed (again).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: DT Christo Bilukidi signed (again). Reply with quote

DT Christo Bilukidi has been re-signed, after initially having problems with his paperwork; and Kheeston Randall signed briefly to fill that gap. Bilukidi effectively replaced injured Geno Atkins on the 53.

Do we think ex-Raiders HC Hue Jackson had anything to do with this signing, having probably scouted him prior to the 2012 draft in OAK ?
Hokie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could be wrong, but I don't think Hue has anything to do with Bilukidi. Hue was fired right after the 2011-12 season, around four months or so before the draft... so I doubt Hue had done much scouting up to that point.

And good for Bilukidi. I can't imagine being told you have a job only to have the rug swept out from under a few hours later was a good feeling. Hopefully we won't need him to play any meaningful snaps.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So did we replace randall or did someone else get hurt
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hokie wrote:
I could be wrong, but I don't think Hue has anything to do with Bilukidi. Hue was fired right after the 2011-12 season, around four months or so before the draft... so I doubt Hue had done much scouting up to that point.

And good for Bilukidi. I can't imagine being told you have a job only to have the rug swept out from under a few hours later was a good feeling. Hopefully we won't need him to play any meaningful snaps.

Maybe you're right. I read in some the Oakland talk that they loved his size and speed, and was decribed as a 'beast' and 'farm-boy' strong. I wondered if they may have done another 'Gilberry', and pulled another potentially strong performer off the street.

I knew Jackson was gone before the draft, but wondered if he might have scouted him when he was there.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
So did we replace randall or did someone else get hurt

Kheeston Randall has been cut. Looks like he was just signed whilst they sorted out Bilukidi's paperwork.
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Hue Jackson had anything to do with it. The Bengals must of had him on there on there list before the 2012 draft. Honestly he was lucky to be drafted, because his scouting report says he should of probably went undrafted.

I'm gonna guess the Bengals had him on there list as a guy they would of signed as an undrafted rookie, but of course he got drafted.

Hes played a few games this season already with the Raiders, so hes more ready to play right now, compared to a guy like Randall who didn't even play any of the 2 games he was activated for this year.
RedGreenShow

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bilukudi is like the DT version of Margus Hunt.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: