Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bored out of my mind at work MOCK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RAMbo2E

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Bored out of my mind at work MOCK Reply with quote

Trade 9 to 14 and get an xtra 2nd (46)

Finnegan and Langford take pay cuts (Finnegan takes big pay cut)
Dahl is cut
Saffold signs one yr deal at guard. Similar to Williams contract

1st. Louis Nix- solidify Dline rotation and takes over for Langford in the future.
1st. Haha Dix- our safteys are Set for 3-5 years
2nd. Gabe Jackson- Dahl is done.Sit behind Saffold for a yr or when he gets hurt
2nd. David Yankey- Starts at left guard day 1
3rd. D'Anthony Thomas- receiving back who can Kick returns and can play some receiver too. Can spell Austin and can line up beside em. Total mismatch!
4th. Aj McCarron/Aaron Murray/Logan Thomas best QB available to groom as Clemens positon.
5th.Best CB available
6th. Best FB available and move Harkey to 3rd string TE
7th. BPA

Feed back appreciated!!!
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAT is interesting...although I don't see Saffold re-signing for a 1 year deal. Someone will pay a starting caliber LT...even with his history.

As far as DAT, he could be a good scat back for us behind Stacy. I've considered picking him. Only things that concern me are his injury history and ball protecting issues.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Rams4eva92

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the Black Mamba pick. He would be a great compliment to Stacy. Thunder and lightinging for sure.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
DAT is interesting...although I don't see Saffold re-signing for a 1 year deal. Someone will pay a starting caliber LT...even with his history.

As far as DAT, he could be a good scat back for us behind Stacy. I've considered picking him. Only things that concern me are his injury history and ball protecting issues.

Really, I don't see it. If we draft him, then I'm willing to label moving up to #8 for a Tavon a stupid decision. What playing time could he see that wouldn't cut into Tavon's?

I understand that the thought is that he is more RB as opposed to WR (the opposite of Tavon), but given his stature, he's in the exact same mold.

If there is anyone in this upcoming draft that I would specifically say "don't draft", it's DAT.

EDIT: As for your mock draft, it's fine, but it seems overly optimistic.

Why would Finnegan take "a pay cut"? How would that play out? The only way it could happen is if he is cut and re-signed. There's no way another team wouldn't sign him, with DBs being at a premium and all. (I can see him being a Jet next year).

The Saffold question is interesting. He's over valued on this forum. The guy has never stayed healthy, can't block well at tackle, and has been recently replaced by Joe Barksdale.

Unless he's real comfortable here and decides he likes playing guard more, and at a lesser salary, he'll end a back up LT.

I agree that plenty of teams are desperate for a tackle, but there is a reason so many are drafted each year. Health matters a ton for lineman.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
BamaRam

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hageman over Nix for me.

Gabe Jackson makes me nervous, but his physical potential is undeniable.

I love DAT. I don't see us taking him, but I would love to have him- and with his stock falling it wouldn't take near the investment it was at one time.

I don't see Langford taking a paycut. Finnegan could because, if I remember correctly, he is cut-able after this season and his value is destroyed after the season he has had. I think he would do it to stay with Fisher. I doubt he gets more than 5mil/year in the open market and we could cut his salary in half and he'd still be making more than that.

I doubt Yankey is their Round 2, but I doubt even more that he even declares.
z-man68

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:

He has only had one injury in his career that has caused him to miss a game and that was during a horrible storm. It was also on a kick return and he just slipped. Injury history on him is very overrated on him IMO. Fumbling problem is real but not a huge concern.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
The Saffold question is interesting. He's over valued on this forum. The guy has never stayed healthy, can't block well at tackle, and has been recently replaced by Joe Barksdale

The bolded is just simply not true...

He's been a pretty good player at both OT spots in his time here. The problem is and has always been his ability to stay healthy...

He wasn't replaced by Barksdale because of play, it was out of necessity because of the injury...

TommyC376 on the sig...
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

Really, I don't see it. If we draft him, then I'm willing to label moving up to #8 for a Tavon a stupid decision. What playing time could he see that wouldn't cut into Tavon's?

I understand that the thought is that he is more RB as opposed to WR (the opposite of Tavon), but given his stature, he's in the exact same mold.

If there is anyone in this upcoming draft that I would specifically say "don't draft", it's DAT.

They really don't do any of the same things. Thomas would return kicks and be used as a change of pace HB as well as a pass catcher out of the back-field. Austin would return punts and be used as a normal WR.

It would be like Austin and Sproles being on the same team.

Their roles just aren't similar.

That all said, I still doubt I take him.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: