Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

MY FIRST LIONS GAME!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
honolulu2786

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: MY FIRST LIONS GAME!!! Reply with quote

I will be attending the thanksgiving day game.

im going with two of my brothers, my little brother (23) is a packers fan.

being my first game i dont really know what to expect. my brother isnt one to be yelling and belligerent. you guys think we will have any issues with him wearing some packers colors?

Any must eat places?

how much is beer?

thanks to BigBadLion20 for the (THIRD!) sick sig!
duanegarrison09

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last person to attend a Lions game wearing a Packers jersey is still missing, so, we don't know if it cause a problem! Will let you know when we find her. Laughing

I've heard the beer is the most expensive in the league. You would think they would give the beer out free so Lions fans wouldn't remember the results of the game.
Karnage_84

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: MY FIRST LIONS GAME!!! Reply with quote

honolulu2786 wrote:
I will be attending the thanksgiving day game.

im going with two of my brothers, my little brother (23) is a packers fan.

being my first game i dont really know what to expect. my brother isnt one to be yelling and belligerent. you guys think we will have any issues with him wearing some packers colors?

Any must eat places?

how much is beer?

Congrats on attending your first game. I have been four times myself (probably a menial amount for most of you guys but I do live 10 hours away).

My last game was this years home opener vs Vikings. My two friends are big Minnesota fans. They wore their jerseys and we walked around without any issues. As long as you're not a knucklehead, I don't think you'll have any issues. Everyone has always been really friendly for the most part.

Usually when I've gone I have just gone in and out, either by bus or taxi across the border (back to Canada). This last time we stayed in Detroit. We hit up a dive bar called The Detroiter Bar. They had a special on for about $9 which included a massive, greasy burger, fries and a cup of draft beer. You can buy the aluminium bottles of Bud Light for $8 at the stands. These prices are atypical for when I have gone to Senators (NHL) games, so nothing out of the ordinary. Pretty sure a 20 oz beer at Sens games runs about $12.

I also suggest checking out Comerica Park. It's right across the street and it is pretty cool in itself. Lots of neat detail all around.

Enjoy the game - you'll have a great time. Go Lions!
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's always opposition jerseys in the stands. The only thing that ever happens is some good natured ribbing.

I never pay attention to food and beverage prices but they've never struck me as unreasonable.

Have fun.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He should be fine wearing his packers gear. Last year I went to the game against the Packers and there were a lot of packers fans there. There's the usual light hearted smack talk, but nothing over the top unless he goes looking for it or gets drunk and obnoxious.
honolulu2786

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone. Yeah im super psyched. I almost choked on my lunch when my brother told me he got tickets. Been through thick and thin with this team for 16 years. Cant wait to see them in person. We better still be relevant by then!

RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your brother will be fine. I don't think I've ever seen anyone give a visiting team's fans too much of a hard time unless they're being jerks.

Beers are $9 for 16 oz. Labatt & Budweiser. You can also buy microbrews/craft beer there, which is 12 oz and anywhere from $7 to $9.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for four years running!)
Mayhem50

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nemo's is a good start. Free secured parking, buffet breakfast, drinks, bus to and from game. After game you can grab some more drinks and good food there before heading home. i use them for every event when heading downtown. Have fun!!
honolulu2786

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys what about parking? And how early can we get in the stadium. Is there any chance for autographs? Any more suggestions on food places, mind you it will be on thanksgiving. Thank you.

JSMcTilty

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

honolulu2786 wrote:
Hey guys what about parking? And how early can we get in the stadium. Is there any chance for autographs? Any more suggestions on food places, mind you it will be on thanksgiving. Thank you.

I'm a huge Pizza Papalis guy, so I'd recommend parking near Greektown and eating there. There's a couple other restuarants there too if you don't want to do pizza - Pegasus and the Parthenon are good for some gyros. It's only about a 5 minute walk from there to the stadium as well.

Other bonus is you're right next to 1-75, so getting in and out of the city is relatively easy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: